Photo
- - - - -

Most surprising/shocking thing from AMD?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

Amongst Mitch's many revelations about Amy and her life, there were a few things that really surprised me. First thing: I knew Amy liked to drink to excess, and it got her into trouble quite a few times. But reading that she would wake up at 4am, drink a bottle of wine, pass out - get up at 8am, drink a bottle of wine and sleep the rest of the day really got to me. That is not normal behaviour, and it shows me just how bad she was in the throes of addiction. I guess its my mistake, but drugs have always seemed worse than alcohol - the truth is alcohol is just as bad. It mad me want to go back in time and keep her locked away from the world.

The other thing that saddened me was the absolute chaos of her life with Blake and how this chaos enveloped her entire family. It doesn't seem her codependency was fully addressed and this definately made her addictions worse.

What were your most surprising findings?

Edited by LucyGoose, 06 July 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#2 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

To me the most shocking part was when Mitch described when Tyler James walked in on Amy crying looking like she had been abused by bad Blake and she just told him to leave.
It made me picture her in that situation and I just got incredibly sad.

EDIT: changed Blake Wood to Tyler James. Ooops

Edited by JackofHearts, 06 July 2012 - 03:38 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

To me the most shocking part was when Mitch described when Blake Wood walked in on Amy crying looking like she had been abused by bad Blake and she just told him to leave.
It made me picture her in that situation and I just got incredibly sad.

I have yet to read the book...getting it as soon as I can just been swamped with my job. Obviously this thread has spoilers which is fine cause I really am dying to read it, can't wait...

What I really want to know is, did Mitch essentially say that yes, in fact, Blake Civil DID physically abuse Amy? were there specific incidents he recalled?

if so...wow. i was probably so naive about their relationship. For some reason, I didn't think it had gone to that level. that just makes me so so sad for our mermaid if it's true.
  • SarahMermaid likes this

#4 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Okay, correction: I said it was Blake Wood that found her, it was Tyler James.

To my recollection I'm pretty sure he never saw it first hand but heard about it from others..

When she opened the door, she was crying. She had a busted lip and makeup all down her face. She told Tyler she was really sorry but she wasn't going out. Tyler asked her what was wrong with her face but she told him not to worry about it. He tried to force his way into the [hotel] room, but Amy begged him not to and persuaded him to go.

To make matters worse, this took place on the evening of her 24th birthday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

Okay, correction: I said it was Blake Wood that found her, it was Tyler James.

To my recollection I'm pretty sure he never saw it first hand but heard about it from others..

To make matters worse, this took place on the evening of her 24th birthday.

that's just devastating, no matter if blake did it or someone else did. she seemed to be such a kind hearted person, just isn't fair whatsoever. she really put her heart out there and didn't seem to get treated in kind from many people. In your opinion do you think their relationship got physical?

#6 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

Rule-breaching post removed - admin

#7 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

I think it definitely got physical. And Amy admitted that she had hit Blake before. It went both ways, but I'm sure Blake did the majority of the abusing.

I am just appalled that Mitch knew about this and that was in fact a wake up call. This is a final stage of alcoholism which that eventually led to death. That warning stage was ignored.

He had heard it from her body guards, who also tried to stop her. But he really tried hard and so did Amy. It's not like he could have dropped everything, moved in with her, and watch her every move 24/7.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

I have yet to read the book...getting it as soon as I can just been swamped with my job. Obviously this thread has spoilers which is fine cause I really am dying to read it, can't wait...

What I really want to know is, did Mitch essentially say that yes, in fact, Blake Civil DID physically abuse Amy? were there specific incidents he recalled?

if so...wow. i was probably so naive about their relationship. For some reason, I didn't think it had gone to that level. that just makes me so so sad for our mermaid if it's true.

It's obvious that Amy did suffered physically abuse from Blake. Remember when Dionne few years ago tried to sort out the rumor that Amy was back with Blake on facebook? Someone here says that Dionne eventually told Amy that Blake "didn't treat her right" and Amy told her to go bed; Dionne said it all. And remember the Sanderson hotel incident? Mitch didn't explained deep about this incident but the witnessed who was there that night told the press that Amy "looked like she'd been in a fight" and indeed inside the hotel guests mentioned that they heard the furniture chattering and exchanged screaming fits between Amy and Blake's and later seen Amy running away from Blake. That time Amy was 23, so that night Amy's 24 birthday when Alex walk in and see Amy's busted lip and tears streaming her cheeks and told her to leave which that indicate that it was not the first time she was abused.

#9 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

It's obvious that Amy did suffered physically abuse from Blake. Remember when Dionne few years ago tried to sort out the rumor that Amy was back with Blake on facebook? Someone here says that Dionne eventually told Amy that Blake "didn't treat her right" and Amy told her to go bed; Dionne said it all. And remember the Sanderson hotel incident? Mitch didn't explained deep about this incident but the witnessed who was there that night told the press that Amy "looked like she'd been in a fight" and indeed inside the hotel guests mentioned that they heard the furniture chattering and exchanged screaming fits between Amy and Blake's and later seen Amy running away from Blake. That time Amy was 23, so that night Amy's 24 birthday when Alex walk in and see Amy's busted lip and tears streaming her cheeks and told her to leave which that indicate that it was not the first time she was abused.

ohh yes i remember the thing with dionne. amy said dionne was too big for her boots, i believe. so sad.

#10 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

Besides her drinks habit,
i think the most surprising thing is when mitch told about blake controlling amy.

-before back to black released, amy said something like, "blake and his friends want to take over the album" (at the time she hadn't sign to label (CMIIW) Geez I wonder how B2B would end up in Blake's and his friends hand!!
-amy bought blake's mom designer handbags. G talked about it over the conversation about amy & blake's drug use with both families.
-"For the first time ever, she asked me when the next record and publishing royalties were due to be paid. I told her we were expecting 750.000 pounds from Universal. She put her hand over the phone and told Blake what I've said. 'Dad, I want to go into partnership with Georgette,' she said next. 'I want to open a hairdressing salon for her.'
'You must be joking,' I said. I could still hear Blake in the background telling her what to say and she was relaying his words to me."
-Before going to Causeway Retreat, Blake said, "I am going to Osea Island for Amy's sake. I have no intention of getting clean. I like being a drug addict"

If you read the whole book, it is clear that Blake was controlling Amy all the time. And it got to my nerves. I previously didn't hate Blake, but now I am. I know "hate" is a strong word, but I don't know what else can describe how I feel about him. I think he never loved her sincerely. poor baby gyal :(
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#11 Gracex

Gracex

Got me addicted, does more than any dick did

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

To me personally, the most surprising and shocking thing was how early the dependancy on alcohol and drugs started. I really found it shocking when Mitch recalled Alex Clare telling him he thought Amy was smoking heroin as he could smell it on her clothes when she was with him:( Plus her ending up in hospital after the Frank period for drinking too much. I don't know why, but I always assumed this all happened much later. I knew she liked to drink, but I think Mitch now realises how long the problems were actually going on for. Just my opinion.

#12 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

For me it was a few things: how early she started the drugs, how manipulative and desperate Blake (and his parents) was, how many hospital trips and near death experiences she had, and just how bad the drinking was in her final year. Obviously I knew it was bad because in the end it was what killed her, but I just didn't realise the extent. I was glad Mitch went over the Belgrade incident too. :(

The incident where Blake's parents and his brother started attacking Mitch in front of Amy shocked me (though he eventually managed to restrain them), and the fact he mentioned he had to physically punch some of the hangers on and druggies in Amy's Prowse Place flat to get them out (although we'd heard mention of this before).

I dunno, in hindsight a lot of the things in the book shocked me. I certainly wasn't naive about the realities of addiction but going through it first hand is just so draining and depressing, and I couldn't help but feel proud for Amy when Mitch was describing how she was going longer and longer clean. It just made it all the more tragic when she passed away.

#13 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

for me , i think was the fact that she spent so much time at the clinic trying to get clean . it seemed to be a second home for her.
she went there on her own many times . And of course the fact that she would get clean and then wakeup and start it again .
Amy was such a complicated woman.

#14 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

I wish they translated the book to Turkish. I know, Mitch doesn't have a hard style but I still can't understand EVERY detail. But I want to! :(
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#15 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

For me it was, when they said Amy was in a coma for 23 hours on May 17th. I mean if no one found her that day she might have died on this day already.
Amy flies in paradise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users