Photo
- - - - -

Most surprising/shocking thing from AMD?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#16 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

There was one thing that Mitch discussed but later it was not cleared up.
He said her Dr. resigned from caring for Amy due to the drinking and not listening to advice (early in 2011).
But the Dr. must have come back on board because in the inquest, they mentioned the Dr. who came by the night before she died was the same one (Dr. Romete)

#17 Gracex

Gracex

Got me addicted, does more than any dick did

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

I was wondering about that too. Didn't add up.

#18 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

There were a lot of shocking bits to me. I really can't pinpoint a specific one. Her life was incredibly hectic.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#19 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

The amount of boozing during the last two years of her life.
The fight with the heroin substitution in 2008.
I have no drug experiences and my friends and family are clean people too.....

#20 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

The most shocking thing was of course the letter from the "Englishman" or whatever he called himself. Good lord. I thought we were finally finished with all that shit. It disgusts me so much that there are still people that haven't learned a damn thing. I couln't even cry when I was reading about Amy - but that letter made me ball my eyes out.

Anyway, the book was a good read, but didn't contain many surprising things. Mitch mentioned an appartment that I had never heard of (and of course I forgot it already :D ) and apart from Dionne not being her goddaughter, I was only surprised that Amy actually spent that much time in rehab. I never realized that.
I think he really bashed the Civil family and can only hope they won't do anything about it. But I know I couldn't keep still of someone did something like this to me - no matter if it's true or not.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#21 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I forgot about that letter. It really was disgusting! When I read it I was doubtful that the person who sent it actually meant those things. I thought it sounded like some sicko's idea of a joke.. but then again, I guess those sentiments do still exist, however small the minority.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Rulebreaking post removed

I know it's a free world, and people can express their opinions, but what you just said would be incredibly hurtful if any of Amy's family read it. Unless its something you would happily say to Mitch to his face, keep your shitty opinions to yourself.

#23 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

I forgot about that letter. It really was disgusting! When I read it I was doubtful that the person who sent it actually meant those things. I thought it sounded like some sicko's idea of a joke.. but then again, I guess those sentiments do still exist, however small the minority.

I don't know... If you write something like that, you have to believe in it a little, don't you? What other person would write such a thing? Gosh it's so annoying being German sometimes, I can tell you - you have to be ashamed to be from this country when you read something like this, even though you haven't done anything.
The letter makes me want to throw up. I can't imagine reading it when you're directly addressed... Poor Mitch.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#24 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

I don't know... If you write something like that, you have to believe in it a little, don't you? What other person would write such a thing? Gosh it's so annoying being German sometimes, I can tell you - you have to be ashamed to be from this country when you read something like this, even though you haven't done anything.
The letter makes me want to throw up. I can't imagine reading it when you're directly addressed... Poor Mitch.

I agree. I think the world, and us Americans in a big way, give present-day Germans a lot of harsh criticism for antisemitism and bigotry even though I'm sure the majority of Germans no longer believe things like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

I know it's a free world, and people can express their opinions, but what you just said would be incredibly hurtful if any of Amy's family read it. Unless its something you would happily say to Mitch to his face, keep your shitty opinions to yourself.

Look I can make any opinions on this site if you don't like it then move forward all right. I don't know the real you you don't know the real me so there end the of the discussion.

#26 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Look I can make any opinions on this site if you don't like it then move forward all right. I don't know the real you you don't know the real me so there end the of the discussion.

Actually, there are rules here - you agreed to them when you signed up here. They include not posting anything offensive about those close to Amy - it's a simple mark of respect and professionalism that we pride ourselves on here.

If you do not abide by the rules, you will be banned. You all had an email about this very subject not two weeks ago, so to see it STILL being ignored is frankly skating on thin ice if you want to stay here.

THAT is where this particular discussion ends, I'm afraid.

#27 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

For me it was, when they said Amy was in a coma for 23 hours on May 17th. I mean if no one found her that day she might have died on this day already.

This was the most shocking for me too!The fact that she kept drinking after that really sums up the power of addiction.

When I first saw the footage of Belgrade, I said to a friend "if she keeps it up, she's gonna die soon". Now knowing that she had drank herself into a coma just a month before is mind blowing.Her doctor took the time to write a letter expressing the severity of her condition. That same doctor even quit because she wasn't listening. I just don't understand. Her stubborness was so frustrating to read.

Overall, I am just shocked about how bad her alcohol addiction was. When Amy was on the class- A drugs, she had the look of a drug addict, at times. With the alcohol, she looked so much better. She outwardly looked more put together than ever before. Especially in 2010-2011, she had gained a bit of weight and her hair, nails, makeup and outfits were impeccable. I just never would have guessed all of that was going on.
You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

#28 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Overall, I am just shocked about how bad her alcohol addiction was. When Amy was on the class- A drugs, she had the look of a drug addict, at times. With the alcohol, she looked so much better. She outwardly looked more put together than ever before. Especially in 2010-2011, she had gained a bit of weight and her hair, nails, makeup and outfits were impeccable. I just never would have guessed all of that was going on.

That's one of the saddest parts of it all. When she was bad into drugs her face was very thin and she almost looked emaciated which is why she got her breasts enlarged after she got off them. She'd lost so much weight it just shrunk her breasts down to nothing, but after that when she was on alcohol really bad she looked fine when she was put together. If you didn't know she had problems you almost couldn't tell she was sick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I haven't read the book yet, so maybe when I read it I will be shocked... but the alcoholism was always obvious to me once I really started to pay attention to her and she said it 2006 how she would drink, wake up, and do it again. That's not normal. Rehab is probably referencing from the time when her drinking was like this and maybe she didn't need rehab, but she needed psychological help (but then again, I think everyone can benefit from a therapist). I think compared to drug addiction, there are many more psychological issues wrapped up in alcoholism. I mean, drugs can just be something you get into by experimentation, I don't see alcohol this way. There is always something you are trying to cope with when you drink excessively. I also think it would be true that if she was quite intelligent and wasn't being stimulated (and it's possible social interaction didn't do this for her) she would drink. Similarly as to why she didn't do well in school.

Her body was definitely looking much better, but her eyes were still missing that sparkle and to me she walked around with a tough attitude making herself appear more put together than she was. She was still going through a lot. Once you put yourself in a certain mindset, it's hard to get out of it and she had been on this self-destructive path for a long time, probably even before it was obvious, like in the Frank days.

Edited by allisost, 12 July 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#30 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Now looking back, in those last photos and onstage with Dionne, her face and body look bloated like some alcoholics get.
Poor girl, I can't believe she put herself thru all she did and gets off drugs to die of alcohol poisoning.
When I think of how much alcohol you must be ingesting to get into a coma, it just boggles my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users