Photo
- - - - -

Most surprising/shocking thing from AMD?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#31 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

those nasty texts that mitch got especially the anti semetic text.

horrible.

plus i didnt know that it cost amy £96,000 to put on a show and he fee was £150,000. So she only got paid £56,000 for a gig. i thought that she would have got paid more.

i also was surpised that even in 2010 and 2011 she would still would go to the london clinic to get sober or whatever.

#32 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

I was surprised at the amount of times she went to rehab and also by the amount of seizures she had. I seriously had no idea her health was in such a fragile state. I am surprised Mitch is still here to tell the tale. I felt stressed just reading the goings on, I have no idea how he coped with it all. Also, how she quit drugs but was still around them when she briefly reunited with Blake, that surprised me. Oh and how she has a cat called Katie (my name) that surprised and pleased me :) WOW - Lots surprised me!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#33 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I've not read the book so don't know the ins and outs of her struggle with alcohol, but I am not surprised by how bad it was.

Unlike a lot of people on here who felt that she looked good in 2010-11 (I'm not criticizing, optimism is a great quality :friendlywink:), I always said that she didn't look very well, even if she had gained some weight. Maybe she was just better at hiding her problems than when she was on drugs.
She did look bloated also...

I imagine I'll find some things surprising though when I read it...

#34 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Oh and how she has a cat called Katie (my name) that surprised and pleased me :) WOW - Lots surprised me!

You must feel so honored lol! Just imagine... Amy saying your name in a sweetie kind of way with her accent... maybe you have the same accent, I don't know... but if it were me, it would be a great thought!

I think it's funny when people name pets VERY human names... like who names their cat katie? lol

#35 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

That is quite an honour indeed, sharing thez same name as her cat!

#36 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've not read the book so don't know the ins and outs of her struggle with alcohol, but I am not surprised by how bad it was.

Unlike a lot of people on here who felt that she looked good in 2010-11 (I'm not criticizing, optimism is a great quality :friendlywink:), I always said that she didn't look very well, even if she had gained some weight. Maybe she was just better at hiding her problems than when she was on drugs.

I imagine I'll find some things surprising though when I read it...

she did look bloated didnt she?

i think it was to do with the librium drug she was on.

#37 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

I think she looked good at that time when she was put together. When she tried to look decent during that time I think she succeeded. But there were also those times when she clearly looked drunk, tired, or just plain bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#38 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Also it good to know that her manager Raye kept trying to get her off tbe stage at the belgrade performance. that should stop the critics of that now.

#39 iheardloveisblind

iheardloveisblind

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

The only thing that was shocking but not surprising was Blakes antics... I hate that man SO much and i wish him nothing but misfortune for the rest of his life!

#40 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Also it good to know that her manager Raye kept trying to get her off tbe stage at the belgrade performance. that should stop the critics of that now.

Oh he did? That helps me understand a little more what was going on that night... Boy, I really need to read this book!!

#41 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

For me it was, when they said Amy was in a coma for 23 hours on May 17th. I mean if no one found her that day she might have died on this day already.

Blake's baby was born May 17. May 18 would have been their 4th wedding anniversary. July 23 is also Blake's girlfriend's birthday.

I may be wrong, but can't help drawing some conclusions here.

#42 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Blake's baby was born May 17. May 18 would have been their 4th wedding anniversary. July 23 is also Blake's girlfriend's birthday.

wow. that's really all i can say to that.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#43 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Unfortunately, Blake was intimately tied to the making of one of the best albums of all time (I don't want to call him her 'muse', urgh!), and I also can't help but think that he was also intrinsically linked to her downfall...

#44 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yep, Blake's baby, the anniversary, her condition in Belgrade. I've always thought that these were all tied together. Another thing that I've often wondered about are those photos from the Apocalypstick Charity gig at The Hawley Arms. They have always haunted me, like something out of the norm was really going on with her that night. Looking back to the date of that show Oct 2010, it would have been just about the time that Blake's girlfriend would have been finding out that she was pregnant. I've also often wondered if getting on stage to promote Dionne that night and feeling the love from the audience really made her realize the repercussion of Belgrade and what she would be missing. You throw that in with the Blake and baby thing, I think that she was going thru some heavy stuff.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#45 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Sad :(

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users