12 replies to this topic

#1 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'll run this past [MENTION=1205]Mama_Haze[/MENTION] and she can tell me to stop playing mod but! Please do not ever post file sharing sites or links on AWF. Even if you use that site everyday without problems it doesn't mean that another member will be so lucky. You could even have a malware protection program but the next person might not. Sometimes those programs can't protect against this stuff.

If your computer isn't backed up and it's attacked, you could lose your computer. I've done it. I clicked on a file sharing site this morning(stupid)and my brother who mods 2 Microsoft security forums said this could be a 2 day project. I've run two programs and it won't go away after uninstalling it. It screws up everything!

Do not post file sharing links.

Thanks

Also..If you are not sure what you may be clicking on you might want to pass it by.

Edited by pearljo, 18 July 2012 - 06:04 PM.

• dingstalmopi, Garzynaicy, AntonioBiows and 9 others like this

#2 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Okay didnt't know this :s
  • ClintonByday, Germanfrole, larahd4 and 1 other like this

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, certainly not blaming anyone at all. It's just those sites are notorious for malware. Plus, can't you just download from youtube?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

• ClintonByday, larahd4 and Oliversix like this

#4 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thanks, Phil; you're right. These sites have inherent security risks and are also linked closely to illegal downloads etc etc. Not something we want to promote here - thanks :)
  • larahd4 likes this

#5 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Not even soundcloud? :(
  • larahd4 likes this

Posted Image

#6 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

I thought the problem was gone and 8 hours later a popup ad appeared on my home page. This guy has it too and it's very hard to lose. Mozilla is working on a fix.

how do I get rid of funmood browser extension toolbar and search redirector . I suspect it's a malware. when I try option in firefox a window opens up asking me about setting changes

I tried to uninstall the toolbar through Control Panel and changing browser settings and it worked temporarily a couple of times, but the toolbar keeps coming back. Now a window has opened up and can't be closed. it says:" browser settings change, an unknown change was detected on your browser search settings: keep current settings" or "I'm aware if this change and approve it". I have 2 accesses to firefox: one on the bottom toolbar and one on the screen. This window stops me from accessing firefox from the toolbar. It looks like very soon I won't have access to firefox anymore. I found a site that claims to remove it but provides ni identity: http://removal-tool....-extension.html is it safe to try it?
  • larahd4 likes this

#7 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

This window stops me from accessing firefox from the toolbar.

There's a keyboard shortcut to launch programs in the Quicklaunch bar: Windows Key + *number (left to right) of the program.
I never had an infection that System Restore didn't clear up. Just go back to a restore point from before the malware was installed. New installations are removed and new saved files are left intact.
After years with only MS Security Essentials as my only protection, I got Malwarebytes and was surprised that a full scan found zero malware.
  • larahd4 likes this

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'll try it Alan but my brother thinks that these will be the steps and check it out, it's for humor purposes. I'll try your way first!!!
first http://forums.techgu...re-posting.html
then send this!!!!! http://forums.techgu...e-funmoods.html

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

There's a keyboard shortcut to launch programs in the Quicklaunch bar: Windows Key + *number (left to right) of the program.
I never had an infection that System Restore didn't clear up. Just go back to a restore point from before the malware was installed. New installations are removed and new saved files are left intact.
After years with only MS Security Essentials as my only protection, I got Malwarebytes and was surprised that a full scan found zero malware.

I hope your way works but I think this is a really nasty malware if these guys are putting people through all these changes to make it go away. I noticed my arrow keys aren't working so I have to get this stuff off now. OK...thanks. I'll let you know.
  • larahd4 likes this

#9 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wow! That's worse than removing iTunes Helper! Good luck!
  • larahd4 likes this

#10 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Alan I'm going to try the program you mentioned but it's 24.95 and I've spent on all my money on cool e cig stuff that I couldn't live without. I'm going to see if I can find it cheaper. LOL
  • larahd4 likes this

#11 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Malwarebytes? There's a free version: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Did System Restore do any good?
  • larahd4 likes this

#12 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

I ran a trial version of the program. It finds the problems, correct some, and says buy the product to finish. It did find 31 funmoods in the registry. When I restarted the ad popped up.

So I did system restore. When it restarted a full screen new thing popped up saying thanks for installing me. It may have gotten there because it turned off Norton antivirus which was freaking out with warnings. I don't think that the full version program is going to handle this beast but I'll keep reading. I don't know how to do all the geek stuff and I'm going to let it rest because this kind of stuff wears me out. A geek site said this one is tough to get off your computer. I reckon.
  • larahd4 likes this

#13 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Malwarebytes is good, I use that myself.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Not even soundcloud? :(

Nothing that can't be guaranteed virus- free, I'm afraid.
  • larahd4 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users