Photo
- - - - -

What are your favorite Amy Winehouse lyrics?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Pretty sure I heard rehab first... and those lyrics... well, they grab you, alright. :)

#47 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

The entire Some Unholy War, TDOTO and October Song. And all the other ones really... A lot of it has to do with how she pronounced certain words as well, that was a great part of her magic. Like in these which I've named, the way she sang to walk away I have no kuh-pah-suh-tee :livid: in TDOTO, the sweetness and fluidity in birds surround her sweet sound in October Song, the mischievous yet depressing way she said B I would have died too, I'd like to in Some Unholy War towards the end... The list is endless.
  • CodyDraco likes this

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#48 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

The entire Some Unholy War, TDOTO and October Song. And all the other ones really... A lot of it has to do with how she pronounced certain words as well, that was a great part of her magic. Like in these which I've named, the way she sang to walk away I have no kuh-pah-suh-tee :livid: in TDOTO, the sweetness and fluidity in birds surround her sweet sound in October Song, the mischievous yet depressing way she said B I would have died too, I'd like to in Some Unholy War towards the end... The list is endless.

Yes! The pronunciation was unlike any other! You are right.
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#49 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Had to edit some lyrics, thats the last time I copy and paste from crappy lyric sites.

ahahah
I didn't even notice.

And grammatically it's "leaves are growing".. but i can't remember what she said.

#50 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

ahahah
I didn't even notice.

And grammatically it's "leaves are growing".. but i can't remember what she said.

Haha ah I c. When My Eyes so well written, could listen to it all day.......wich I have before.

#51 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Yes! The pronunciation was unlike any other! You are right.

I'm no expert but I can't think of a singer which I know of that is on par with Amy in those terms. Both in studio and live, she was incredible!

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#52 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

[MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION], you are right. But hands down, live was my favorite.
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#53 CodyDraco

CodyDraco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida, U.S.A.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

"And no I'm not a saint but the guilt will kill you... if she don't first."

• Ace of Hearts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users