this is not a surprise at all.

#32 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

It seems serious enough, and if he pulls thru, maybe it will be the wake-up call he needs. It seems nothing else has worked.
His baby is gorgeous and deserves to live with a healthy, drug free father.

#33 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I wish him full recovery. I hope he's strong enough. Let those events be a wake-up call.
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#34 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

This is terribly sad news. My thoughts are with Blake and his family. Addiction is a tough bitch, she won't lie down easy.

#35 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

It would really be a shame if he didn't make it out of the coma. His son would have to grow up without a father. I hope he can pull through.

Mitch tweeted: @mitchwinehouse:Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let's pray for his recovery. Mitch

#36 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

amy & blake were as destuctive to each other as Sid & Nancy ,
this is not a surprise at all.

Yeah , here was Nancy bringing Sid to heroin . Even worser Sid killed Nacy with no doubt , dieing shortly after that probably by the hand of his own Mother .

#37 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah , here was Nancy bringing Sid to heroin . Even worser Sid killed Nacy with no doubt , dieing shortly after that probably by the hand of his own Mother .

Having read a fair bit over the years, I'm inclined to disagree; I always thought Rockets Redglare was more likely to be her killer - Sid was full of way too much heroin to have done it.
http://en.wikipedia....1970s_and_1980s

But yes, it was his mother that gave him the dose that killed him. I always took that to be deliberate, however, as he did leave a note. Either way, I'm sure it tortured his mother to madness daily until she went the same way.

Sorry to derail... I'm a big fan of Sid's ;) A friend of mine even made a movie about Nancy's death :)

#38 BitterSweet92

BitterSweet92

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't really know how to say this. If he dies, then it feels like another part of Amy is gone. He was a part of the Amy Winehouse story. Not only that, but he has his girlfriend and a kid to take care of. So I really hope he recovers. Tragic news.

Edited by BitterSweet92, 09 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#39 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Not only that, but he has a kid and a wife to take care of. So I really hope he recovers. Tragic news.

I don't think they are married.

#40 BitterSweet92

BitterSweet92

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

I don't think they are married.

Oh, I thought they were. Let me correct it.

#41 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

His baby is gorgeous and deserves to live with a healthy, drug free father.

It really makes me wonder what Amy's baby would have looked like :( A mini her?

#42 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Having read a fair bit over the years, I'm inclined to disagree; I always thought Rockets Redglare was more likely to be her killer - Sid was full of way too much heroin to have done it.

But yes, it was his mother that gave him the dose that killed him. I always took that to be deliberate, however, as he did leave a note. Either way, I'm sure it tortured his mother to madness daily until she went the same way.

Sorry to derail... I'm a big fan of Sid's ;) A friend of mine even made a movie about Nancy's death :)

Thanks Mama_Haze . Another possibillity . Whe shall never know for the reason the investigation stopped with the death of Sid . ....For the Punk of the Sexpistols in the beginning : When bizzy i thougt HOLY SHIT , whats THAT ? After 20 years looking back to it i say : WOW ,it's terriffic ! Chanched the popmusic forever !
:encouragement:

#43 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

We all have mixed feeling about this guy, but this is very unsettling. He needs to be there for his son, that should be his top priority. Not getting messed up all the time like this. I hope for his son's sake he pulls through. I just don't understand why she didn't immediately take him to the hospital. It's astounding, you think he would have learned from Amy's passing. The older you get, the more you need, the likelier you're going to have one more hit/drink too many. It just circulates around Amy still and it's sad. The both of them are tied to this tragedy drug love story. It makes me so upset to know things turned out so badly for the both of them. Hopefully, he pulls through and gets his act together. Otherwise, that child will have no father, because he was being selfish. The fact that he's still doing hard drugs, really aggravates me like nothing else. Damn..

It makes me wonder, that if Amy had a child she'd still be here today. I always got that feeling if she had one, she would have stopped drinking and been a great mum. I know it's possible, I've seen it. It's a nice dream, anyway. I just hope the tragedy tangled story ends on some happier note.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#44 holliegolightly

holliegolightly

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

This is quite sad, really.

#45 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

I am a big fan of SID as well. My thoughts were that him & Nancy were a destructive force together similar to the way
Amy & Blake were to each other ( partners in crime) .. On a lighter note just last Halloween my husband and I went to a costume party as Sid & Nancy and the surprising thing was people knew who we were. I thought it was because of how much time had passed that maybe the younger ones wouldnt know BUT they did and we had a blast..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users