Photo
- - - - -

What year of the "noughties" do you look back to with fondness?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

First let me apologise to the people who don`t like the word "noughties". I can`t think of any other term to describes these specific ten years.
I don`t really want to elaborate too much on the title question, it`s quite open. Just a year that was on the whole, a good year. A year that you think back to with fondness.
Mines a bit obvious really. 2006! I remember driving down to London with a new `flame` and her turning up the radio when `Rehab` came on. I had seen Amy on Jools Holland many years before but I just remember London getting closer and closer and we were both really excited about the weekend ahead. Just a great sound track to those times. I am glad she didn`t chosse cheesy pop. We are still together btw. I loved those times. The Amy year were great years.

What year of the "noughties" do you look back on with fondness? And although you still listen now, do certain songs take you back to a certain time?

#2 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Late 2007 - early 2008 was my favourite period. The year I discovered a lot of great artists who made a big impact on me, including Amy. I knew about her since Frank but never paid that much attention until when her personal struggles came into the spotlight - the way she handled all the will-she-won't-she performances and the public scrutiny and her attitude - all made me fall in love with her. It was the time I realized how unpredictable and spontaneous her actions were with reactions so real and familiar. They were the years of two of her most iconic performances for me, at the Mercurys in 2007 and Brits in 2008. Some personal reasons as well - but since we're on topic of Amy... I'd say that is the period I like to remember her most from.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#3 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

I remember when Rehab came out and I had only heard it a few times my mom and I were in the car and it was on the radio. We were both singing it and I sang "Yes, I've been bad and when I come back you'll know know know." She was like "It's BLACK!" We argued over that for a while. Silly me! I'd never make that mistake again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users