34 replies to this topic

#1 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

I've watched over the Belgrade clips and put this together, this is basically the bulk of what Amy says in the most available clips of Belgrade. (I've probably got some of it wrong, this is going on by what I could hear)

'-' indicates when Amy is singing
// indicates Zalon responding to Amy

Alright, Ladies.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Let me tell you something,
Let me bring the band introduction.
First up.
-
Let me tell you something, Right, Oh!
You can tell who I like more in the band.
And mean to be,
Listen.
On tenor - Jim.
On Baritone - His name is Frank.
Let me tell you something,
You can tell who I like more,
Dale 'fingers' Davis, Zalon. The end of..
What's it called? What's it called?
No, What's he called? Like..
Oh. You know, at the end of the dictionary,
Oh! Right at the end of the register, at school.
-
Alright people, let me tell you something,
I can't get over the fact that.. Uh.
-
I didn't even know I had a head boy.
Let me tell you something, yeah.
All my boys.
Anyway, Yeah - All my boys,
Are in the best suits.
Let me ask you something, though.
Wait. wait.
Um. I think that, um. Zal, Zal?
//Yes, baby?//
Um. I think that Dale would get shot first.
//Maybe, yeah.//
Then I'll be like...
//Yeah.//
That would be at long range.
//Yeah.//
That would be at long range...
//Of course.//
Umm.. what we doing next?
//Addicted.//
Oh, you've got to catch me in your arms, Zal.
//Yeah.//
What's it called?
//Addicted.//
Some Unholy War?
//Addicted.//
Uh, Yeah.
-
Zal, But I'm..
I'm looking at you but I don't know what you're saying.
So Great.
-
Listen Dale, I love you; but I'm not getting shot.
I'm not getting shot.
Yeah but I love you, like..
Probably more than my Dad or Ray and shit.
But I'm not getting shot.
What, what was it you asked me to sing?
What was it you wanted me to sing?
Basically, like.. I think you will like..
Sing it better.. Just yeah.
Zalon is just waiting to..
Sing his.. Album?
Can we do, Um.. Some Unholy War?
You have to catch,
Yeah but you have to catch me though.
Okay.
I'm just letting you know, that I am going to fall.
-
You know the words...
-
He didn't actually write it.
I wrote it, innit.
I still love,
I still love you.
Don't you..
Okay, Can I ask you something?
As an, as an audience, yeah?
Don't you think they look so handsome.
Like in their suits.
-
What the fuck are
What are tinterlips?
Tinterlips are down?
Really..?
Ay, Do you know that, Zal
One time right, Zal like, Um.
-
Oh, um.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Zalon

~~It's funny. Watching all of the Belgrade videos for the first time in succession, I don't actually think the concert was that bad, I mean; yes it was probably one of Amy's worst, but it wasn't as horrific as implied originally, she does partially sing at least half of the songs and at some points still manages to sing perfectly, however I noticed that Amy had forgotten nearly all of her lyrics, constantly looking at, hitting and whispering with Zalon so that he could tell her which line was next, she's not acting like a wreck screaming through her songs, really, it's nowhere near as bad as everyone suggested back in June last year.~~

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#2 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Seen the performance plenty of times since she died and it still doesn't seem any better... it was probably the worst performance I've seen in my life. Like worse than Britney's VMA hazed staggering. They were both supposed to be grand comebacks is what made them more shocking.
But, on topic... there were rumours then that she greeted Belgrade with 'Hello Athens' when she came on. Was this true or were people were just adding to the disaster?

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#3 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I agree that non performance was the worst I've seen of anyone ever....

#4 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Agreed fully on worst performance I've ever seen. It was truly sad to watch. Had I been in that audience, I don't know if I could have stayed. That, even coming from a big fan of Moby's, who came on after her.

#5 atlgafan4life

atlgafan4life

I'm not a one trick pony

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

It hurts me so much that I can't even look at the pics of her at that concert. It just brings me deep sadness.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bigger,Bigger,Bigger

#6 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

I can't bear to watch it. I saw it on the news when it happened and then looked at the youtube to see if they only showed the worst bits but i had to turn it off after a minute or so. It was too sad and breaking my heart just watching it. I wanted to jump on that stage and take her off.

#7 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

It's funny. Watching all of the Belgrade videos for the first time in succession, I don't actually think the concert was that bad,

:huh?: You must explain your point because I don't understand at all. The transcription of the text mean anything. How can you find the show worth to be looked at? This is not a criticism but I really want to understand your point of view.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#8 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

~~It's funny. Watching all of the Belgrade videos for the first time in succession, I don't actually think the concert was that bad, I mean; yes it was probably one of Amy's worst, but it wasn't as horrific as implied originally, she does partially sing at least half of the songs and at some points still manages to sing perfectly, however I noticed that Amy had forgotten nearly all of her lyrics, constantly looking at, hitting and whispering with Zalon so that he could tell her which line was next, she's not acting like a wreck screaming through her songs, really, it's nowhere near as bad as everyone suggested back in June last year.~~[/QUOTE]

Really? Not a lot of people agree with your comment about her concert that night. It was bad! Period end of the story. She couldn't remember her own songs that she wrote herself. Which it's crazy, Amy had to sing these songs for 4 years. And how she act that night is way different than we ever saw her. Sure we have seen the worst of Amy back in 2008 but this with her comeback tour it was a different story. A friend of Amy I cannot remember who but in a interview he said that he never has seen Amy drunk like that before ever! Doctor had warned her about her alcohol problem, seems like her body couldn't take it any more and she behaved horribly that night. I am not blaming her I am blaming her addiction that took over Amy's.

#9 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Really? Not a lot of people agree with your comment about her concert that night

What bothers me is the: it's funny.

Many words summarize Belgrade. Sad. Shocking. Humiliating. But funny? Nah...I don't think so.

Posted Image

#10 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

^The tone implies "curious" rather than amusement

#11 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Oh yes it is possible. Regardless, I still think that it was a horrible concert.

Posted Image

#12 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

^Oh god, she's the cutest person ever. I just want to squeeze her.

#13 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

Totally agree in this instance. But in a different context, there were quite a few blogs and people making a joke of "ole Amy fallin' off the wagon again", and it was despicable. I know that's totally not what was implied here, but there actually were people who were entertained, and quite inappropriately IMO, by the whole thing. Sad, sad, sad. :(

#14 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yes I meant it as in curious, not as in humourous. I get that it was her worst concert, I said that in the original post. However, personally, while it is really sad, I don't think it was as bad as I was originally led to believe, I'm not trying to defend Amy or lift up her performance or anything, but I thought that Back to Black, Valerie and Love is a losing game were sang o.k,of course the most disturbing part of the videos for me was seeing Amy hugging herself and being on the brink of crying at points. I never wanted to watch the videos, like when news of Belgrade was on the internet/tv, I saw those pictures and videos and I couldn't bare to watch them and like I said this is actually my first time watching the concert or what is available of it on youtube and I honestly just feel that it wasn't that bad, I'm not even close to saying it was good, but I don't think it was that bad.

Obviously one of the most annoying factors in the video is why didn't anyone get her off the stage, It's confusing because didn't Mitch say that she had massive stage fright that night, so she was allowed alcohol in that instance? Which wasn't a clever idea considering she was an alcoholic, what did they expect? Wasn't there supposed to be a load of minders specifically hired by her management to see that there was no alcohol? Confusing.

Anyway I don't mean to start a debate I was just saying that in my opinion, the scale of disaster with this concert was a little bit exaggerated x

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#15 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

I think any artist that can only remember half the lyrics of their songs shouldn't be performing live she clearly was not ready whether it happened earlier or just before going onstage it was clear to see there was a problem.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users