Photo
- - - - -

Remembering Amy (by Zoe Griffin @ COSMOPOLITAN Blog)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

29 July 2011 Remembering Amy by Zoe Griffin ... Zoe Griffin Blog @ COSMOPOLITAN

Zoe Griffin, Website Editor of LiveLikeaVip.com shares her memories of Amy Winehouse, whom she knew for nine years

Posted Image

As I'm the author of a website dedicated to celebrities, LiveLikeAVIP.com, and a veteran of eight years on the celebrity party circuit, I'm often asked about what celebrities are really like.

I've been in situations where minor soap stars have gotten drunk and ask me to feel if their fake breasts are lopsided. I've shared a kebab with a rather famous rock star (the garlic sauce was not a good thing) and I've even danced on the tables at a nightclub with Cheryl Cole's mum Joan.

But this week, I want to honour a star that I got to know nine years ago -Amy Winehouse. We met when I did shifts writing stories for news agency World Entertainment News Network, and Amy had a part time job there while she was writing her debut album Frank.

Posted Image

Here are five reasons I love Amy

(1) She cooked a mean roast dinner
I used to date a man that lived nearby Amy's favourite Camden drinking den, The Hawley Arms. One night, we all went back to Amy's as the pub was rammed. We were listening to the radio and suddenly became aware of a delicious smell from the kitchens. Amy had whipped up a roast chicken and roast potatoes seasoned with black pepper. It was divine.

(2) The beehive held her Wrigley's
When you have the urge for a chewing gum, you'll ask anyone. One day, Amy said she had some and I expected her to get it out of her handbag but she reached inside her hair and out came a tube of spearmint chewing gum. Who needs pockets when you have statement hair?

(3) Pool was a losing game...if you played against Amy
I thought I was good at pool until I met Amy. If you let her break then she could end up potting all the balls before you've had a go. No matter how many drinks she'd had, she'd focus and clean up.

(4) She stayed in touch with her oldest friends
Amy worked at WENN because the company was owned by the dad of her best friend, Jessica Ashby. A couple of years later I attended Amy's 22nd birthday at the Century club and all her old friends were making the most of the complimentary drinks and food like they'd never been at a showbiz party before.

(5) Honest until the end
A couple of times, I confided in Amy about man problems. Her first question was always ‘do you love him' and if I said no I had my answer. If I complained about a certain situation she'd make me see that I had a part to play in the argument and I'd end up calming down and making up with my man. Amy saw things in a way nobody else could and she expressed it to her friends as well as with her music.

I can honestly say, I've never met anyone like Amy and my heart goes out to her family at this devastating time.

http://www.cosmopoli...remembering-amy
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Great!!

V.Melnyk

#3 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I know I always pick up on these things, but her frind is called Juliette Ashby, not Jessica.

#4 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Love her for her unpretentious quirks.

#5 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

The beehive held her Wrigley's

Yeah, and many other things. She was just lovely and funy :)
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#6 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Jessica is Juliette's little sister, Amy was close to both

#7 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Amy was so loveable... She was loved by many :'( still sad we've list her

#8 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

bit off topic but

strange that juilet's name wasn't on her grave stone
and it seems that juilet's has never talked about Amy maybe she was her truest friend and just keeps stuff private....just my brain thinking

#9 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

29 July 2011 Remembering Amy by Zoe Griffin ... Zoe Griffin Blog @ COSMOPOLITAN

(3) Pool was a losing game...if you played against Amy
I thought I was good at pool until I met Amy. If you let her break then she could end up potting all the balls before you've had a go. No matter how many drinks she'd had, she'd focus and clean up.

This was a shock to me! I always wondered how well she played, considering how much she loved it and how often she was seen with a pool stick in her hands. But her dad said in an interview that she wasn't very good, so, wonder which one is right? I tend to favor the girl that wrote this article (dad's can be weirdly competitive when it comes to stuff like that).
“If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had.” - Amy Winehouse

#10 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

This was a shock to me! I always wondered how well she played, considering how much she loved it and how often she was seen with a pool stick in her hands. But her dad said in an interview that she wasn't very good, so, wonder which one is right? I tend to favor the girl that wrote this article (dad's can be weirdly competitive when it comes to stuff like that).

From the sound of it, on this video that the paparazzi took while hanging out outside of Prowse place while Amy was in the garage singing and shooting pool, she was sinking most of the shots she took.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#11 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

the way in which mitch said it, it just sounded like he was just joking..like.."oh she's alright at pool...but i'm better"..like u said i think it was just a cocky spirited joke between father n daughter, not meant to be taken seriously or anything..just pokin fun at her in a competitive sorta way

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users