#16 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Wake up alone...
both versions make me sad when i hear them ... I think she was really pouring her heart out .
For her covers : " Were still friends by Donny Hathaway"- i saw her perform this song on you tube and felt her pain, clearly she
was singing it cause she felt.. This woman touches me when she sings more than any other singer ....

#17 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Saddest song lyrically - "Love is a losing game" (though I battle blind, love is a fate resigned. Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resign... over futile odds & laughed at by the gods...) & "Wake up alone" (his face in my dream seizes my guts, he floods me with dread. Soaked to his soul. His swims in my eyes by the bed.)

Songs that make me cry - "Between the Cheats" from the beginning "(I would die before I divorce ya. I would take a thousand thumps for your love..."). "A song for you" hearing her cry and singing "and when my life is OVER...". "Half Time" ( "you should thank your lucky star. Cuz the music is a gift.")

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I forgot to mention lyrically "Rehab" is the saddest. I think it pretty much summed up her life from when she wrote it to her death. :-..(

#18 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

For me " Love is a Losing Game" and "A Song For You"
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#19 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Wake up Alone was always the saddest for me. It describes that longing so beautifully, so effortlessly. I think her cover of Love you more than you'll ever know is also beyond sad. I fell asleep for months after she died to her cover of "all my lovin", damn sad as it is, it is just so beautiful.

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#20 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I can't listen to 'all my lovin' by Amy...I don't know why, I don't like that cover, it's my least favourite song of hers.

#21 Beehive

Beehive

Think love and wear a smile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Some Unholy War, I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know and A Song For You.

#22 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Love is a Losing Game.
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#23 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Seeing her perform Some Unholy War at the Brazil concert when she wore that black and white dress really gets me. You can see the tears welling up in her eyes and it just tears my heart to shreds.
Wake Up Alone, to me, is the saddest of her songs, but the emotion in her voice in A Song For You is really raw.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#24 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Wake Up Alone or LIALG, depending on the performance. Wake Up Alone just...I don't know...when it comes to the chorus it's almost too much. I don't even feel like I exist outside of her voice when I hear it.

#25 LionessLoveYouAmy

LionessLoveYouAmy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Love is a loosing game!
Her studio recording is the most touching!
This sentence is so sad but it's so true in many ways.
If two people love each other, even in their wedding there is this famous saying: untill death do us part...

#26 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

i would have to say ... "some unholy war", just from amy's feeling when she sings it.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#27 whiterabbiteen

whiterabbiteen

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

I would say mine would be, Love Is A Losing Game..
sometimes i stop and really listen to alot of her songs, and alot of times i will get
chopped up one some of the words..

#28 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

I wish I could say there is a happy song.. but there isn't.

I always thought of "Some Unholy War", "Love is a losing game" and "Back to Black" as the saddest songs, but the truth is all the songs make me cry, even the more upbeat songs such as "Monkey Man" and "Hey Little Rich Girl".. It's just because I miss her so much though.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#29 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I wish I could say there is a happy song.. but there isn't.

I always thought of "Some Unholy War", "Love is a losing game" and "Back to Black" as the saddest songs, but the truth is all the songs make me cry, even the more upbeat songs such as "Monkey Man" and "Hey Little Rich Girl".. It's just because I miss her so much though.

tears dry on their own is her positive one.
but i think Back to Black is on the most depressing songs ever list, or something like that.

#30 Dialect

Dialect

she's reborn like sarah vaughan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

For me it's between Wake Up Alone and Some Unholy War. Both of them are oozing with love, which is sad in retrospective looking at how things turned out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users