Wake up alone, hits a few nerves :(
  • JadedHearts likes this

#47 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

I haven't listened to B2B in a long time. It's way to depressing to listen to tbh. Its not like I can relate it to some tragic event in my life, (Actually i dont think i can relate any Amy song to something that has personally happened to me) It just hits me hard..

OH! And You're Wondering Now was one of my top favorites, then I realized it was the last song she performed. If you listen to the lyrics... It's scary considering the situation

#48 charloca

charloca

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Omggg i never knew that was the last song Amy performed (You're Wondering Now) and have never took much notice to the lyrics cos it seems like an upbeat happy song, but now you've said I got a lump in my throat thinking about it all. So freaky!

Personally, the saddest song for me is definitely the original version of Wake Up Alone - it's just so heart breaking, and the quietness of the original version adds to the emotions from the lyrics. Also, her performance of 'More Than You'll Ever Know' breaks me every single time! I don't know why, but it just does, it's something unreal that nothing else makes me feel. And the end bit of it, where Amy says: "We're still alive. Still standing" doesn't help with the emotions.
www.facebook.com/AmyWinehouseAnythingEverything < My Amy Page :heart:

Lets Just Say I'll Make Sure My GreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreat Grandchildren (& The Rest) Know About Miss Amy Winehouse & How She Changed My Life ...

#49 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

Omggg i never knew that was the last song Amy performed (You're Wondering Now) and have never took much notice to the lyrics cos it seems like an upbeat happy song, but now you've said I got a lump in my throat thinking about it all. So freaky!

Exactly my thoughts! However today I was thinking about it, and no matter what her last song was there could be some connection. It's is quite spooky though

#50 charloca

charloca

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Exactly my thoughts! However today I was thinking about it, and no matter what her last song was there could be some connection. It's is quite spooky though

Yes that's so true actually. Wish Amy's last performance was still to come ..

Lets Just Say I'll Make Sure My GreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreat Grandchildren (& The Rest) Know About Miss Amy Winehouse & How She Changed My Life ...

#51 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Wish Amy's last performance was still to come ..

Don't we all?

#52 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Well, that's a depressing way to put it. I wish she was still here, but not in the miserable way she might have been.

#53 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well, that's a depressing way to put it.

Are you talking about her last song?

#54 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Are you talking about her last song?

No, about wishing her last performance was still to come.

#55 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

No, about wishing her last performance was still to come.

Oh I see. And yeah, I don't know if this sounds bad but I'd rather her be gone than be suffering. Sounds harsh, but I mean it in the most caring way.

#56 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

Yeah, I rather be gone that suffering hahaha, terrible joke.

#57 charloca

charloca

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, I rather be gone that suffering hahaha, terrible joke.

I know what you mean. I guess that's a selfish thing saying that (I wish Amy's last song was still to come) because of course - none of us here - wanted, or want, Amy to suffer. But I didn't mean it in a depressing way, I was just saying I wish we could still hear her voice for decades to come because no-one's going to ever come close to Amy's voice - but that's not reality, obviously.

#58 Emilie

Emilie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

"Back To Black" isn't necessary her saddest song, but it always gets to me - except for recently, when I read a comment on YouTube, asking if the meaning of the song was something like "Once you go black, you never go back". That's the only time I've laughed, while listening it.

#59 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

^I think it's a pretty depressing song, especially for Amy to sing, but for some reason it doesn't affect me like a few of her others do, hm.
It's on this list: http://www.spinner.c...le-world-no-25/

#60 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

What is it about Men hits me lyrically. I went through a similar family situation. It's the only Amy song I can personally relate to I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users