19 replies to this topic

#1 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

I've alawys wondered about this and now i'm interested to see what everyone thinks of her line "I’ll never love you like her"

Obviously this song is about Blake and in light of her almost obsession with the relationship, doting on him and having him consume her every waking moment, i find it hard that she says "I'll never love you like her". Do you think she means she will never love him the way most people love eachother in a non-obsessive way or did she really think that she wasn't going to love him to the extent that she did?

#2 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

I took it to mean like she'll never be a serious girlfriend to him, she's a serial cheater, she drinks too much and she won't give him the stability that the other girl (Chloe?) would.

I actually had a bit of a revelation about this song the other day... never understood the first verse is a bunch of reasons why they can't be just friends:
1 - in the evening she will have been drinking so she'll come on to him
2 - in the morning his 'shit works', took this to mean he can 'get it up' in the morning... drugs play havoc on your 'performance'...
3 - at night when everybody's sleeping they're also likely to take it further

I think the song is all about her being frustrated with being Blake's other woman - they have great sex but she wants more from him, to be friends as well and have a proper relationship. Kills me to hear her say "I wanna touch you, but that just hurts"

Such an underrated song.

#3 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

i think the song is bout seeing someone after havin a fling with them, n putting the platonic feelings aside cos the man she was once sleeping with has a girl now.....i dont think the lyrics are hinting at a comparison or a relative love, i mean she isnt even sayin that in a competitive nature.. it might be just identifying that she just has a different love for him than what his girlfriend does...she cant give him all her love, cos her 'throne' has a different queen sittin in it. so the guy cant give her his all...but the times that they do hook up, its purely physical..n that saddens her because she knows that they could both be so much more than that, because she has so much to offer...she can't be with him becos he won't take the risk..but she still wants some kind of relationship with him...even if they just stay friends. but the sexuality between them kills the friendship each time because there's so many ''what if's'' involved

ummmmmmm thats probably way off so dont kill me for my slack interpretation amy, whatever the song's about..it's fucking good and puts me in a really slumber mood

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Sorry to unearth this old topic, but I can't remember where we discussed the origins of this song lately, so figured this would be the best place to continue writing about it.

I discovered recently she had already written this song before meeting Blake, after years of thinking it was about him... So I've clearly been wondering who it could be about, and I can't help but feel it might be about Tyler.

They were very close friends, but we also know they were sex friends. He also lived with her in Jeffreys Place after he was attacked (2004 I think), and I can kinda imagine them struggling to be just friends while living together. Maybe he was seeing other people around this time also, thus the guilt. Or maybe he wasn't and that was just Amy's poetic license.

#5 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

So I've clearly been wondering who it could be about, and I can't help but feel it might be about Tyler.

Their relationship was a well-conceived publicity stunt to hide the fact that Tyler is gay.

#6 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

I always took it to mean that she was sleeping with someone and they decide to end it and be "just friends", but that the friendship part never works because they're always drawn back to each other. The first verse is describing how there never seems to be a time in the day when they can be together in a platonic sense and not have it develop into something more. The second verse seems to be detailing how this man is in a relationship with someone else, but there are still strong feelings between him and Amy, and she wants to resolve it ("we need to find the time to just do this shit together, before it gets worse"). I think the "I'll never love you like her" line is basically Amy expressing doubt about whether she can offer this man same kind of security, loyalty, and love as his current girlfriend.

• HelloSailor likes this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#7 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

that's also how I see it... but just wondering who it could be about  (not Chris... not Blake either as written before she met him)...

Their relationship was a well-conceived publicity stunt to hide the fact that Tyler is gay.

when was it publicized? 

#8 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:25 AM

when was it publicized?

Perez Hilton outed him in 2008 and his sexual orientation is no secret amongst Camden's inner circle.

#9 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:40 AM

no I mean when was his and Amy's relationship publicized as a stunt?

#10 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

no I mean when was his and Amy's relationship publicized as a stunt?

Whenever either of them discussed their relationship during interviews.

#11 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

I always felt, at least while Amy was still alive, that they didn't actually speak that much of their 'romantic'/physical relationship. She often referred to him as her friend... I never felt like they ever was any publicity stunt.

Even if he is gay now, don't you think they could've been sex friends when they were younger?

#12 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

I always felt, at least while Amy was still alive, that they didn't actually speak that much of their 'romantic'/physical relationship. She often referred to him as her friend... I never felt like they ever was any publicity stunt.

Even if he is gay now, don't you think they could've been sex friends when they were younger?

Maybe he's bi, but most of the time people don't just change their sexuality. If he is gay now, he has probably been that way for his whole life. But who knows.

• HelloSailor likes this

#13 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

No of course, but since we don't know anything about his sexuality, what I meant was how could we possibly exclude that they ever did get together? If their "relationship" was meant to cover up the fact that he was gay, then they did a pretty bad job at publicizing it in my opinion. 

#14 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

If their "relationship" was meant to cover up the fact that he was gay, then they did a pretty bad job at publicizing it in my opinion.

He's referred to by the press as Amy Winehouse's ex-boyfriend, so I'd say mission accomplished.

#15 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

Perhaps the song is about George Roberts-Bascombe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users