5 replies to this topic

#1 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Do you love this performance as much as I do?

Some people consider Amy's gig at Oxegen'08 as mediocre, but we DO know that it was really great.

Alas, there are no video-record of performance of this song, but as we have this audio-record, we can easily extrapolate all pieces to get the full picture of this amazing insanity. :-)

#2 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

As much as I love Amy I can't sit through most of her 2008 festival appearances. This, Bestival, Glastonbury and V Festival that year were appalling because she couldn't be any less sober (and seeing her at Bestival and Glasto was just plain sad, she looked frail and completely out of it at both).

I'm not that keen on this, she's not singing properly for like 60% of it. :(

#3 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Amy's performance on V Festival was very, very special. Really. Especially "Back to Black".

#4 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I love “Back to Black” song. I won’t say it’s the best song, because Amy’s songs are so different and there are so many “the best songs”. But right now I want to share a performance, which I can compare with the sharp knife. A lot of people says that Amy’s performance at “V Festival” in the 2008′th was not enough good. A lot of people says that she was too stoned, she was forgetting her lyrics and so on… But all I can say – she was just stuning on this day. Bwcause she was really genuine and honest and all her emotions was like a blast wave of nuclear explosion! I can’t get how all people under the stage survived! It was Amy, god damn me, Winehouse! And this version of “Back to Black” was really great.

#5 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I would agree! I was at her Performance at V Festival and it was great! I was just as drunk as her and having a great time! She put on a good show, as always. I love how every performance is different... she made each one unique.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

That Back to Black performance is the highlight from that set I agree, and is probably one of her better performances from when she was wrecked. That was one upside of her drunken performances, she seemed to get braver with her improvisation choices and conveyed emotion moreso then usual (ie. the Some Unholy War performance from the Alcatraz, Milan show).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users