31 replies to this topic

#1 idroppedmyspoon

idroppedmyspoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Some more details of her before her death..

The singer spent that night watching YouTube videos of herself with bodyguard Andrew Morris, before downing enough vodka to stop her breathing.

‘She had been drinking throughout the day, I’m unsure what time she started, she was drinking vodka’, said Mr Morris.

‘At one point she came to my room and wanted to show me clips on YouTube of a Nigerian male she used to go out with.

‘You could tell she’d had a few drinks, but she wasn’t completely drunk. I’ve seen her drunk enough times in the past to know when she’d had too much.

‘In recent times I had never seen her watch clips of herself on YouTube before.’

#2 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

In that article (I know the Daily Mail is not a reliable source, but for what it's worth) it also states she had been sober for 12-13 days before her last binge...which is in contradiction with what Mitch claims. In Mitch's eyes (because I think it's easier for him to think that way), she had been sober for 5-6 weeks (which means her last drink would've been Belgrade, no?)... so, I understand she was battling drink and managing to stay off the booze for a few days in a row, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that she was on the path to recovery!
It also says she was watching videos of herself on youtube and laughing...really, laughing? Sounds to me like she must've been pretty down, drinking all that vodka and watching herself on the internet. I don't think she knew how to get over the humiliation of Belgrade, I know she liked to brush things off like she didn't care, but I think she cared greatly.

Edited by Mrs. Jones, 08 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#3 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I just hope she watched the good ones of herself on You tube. I have found some really good performances of her on you tube , and
she could have been proud of them ( even though i know she was very critical of herself) .\
I cant help but think she drank that same amount of vodka before and she didnt think it was fatal.. i dont know how embarrased she would have been over Belgrade considering she had done so many things when she was doing drugs that were just as bad or worse.
I miss Amy...

#4 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

To be honest with you I actually thought Amy, at heart, was a pretty insecure young lady. (Aren't we all?) I can't imagine what it must be like to see yourself in a state like she was at the Belgrade incident.. it must have effected her, one way or another. Of course, she had this 'game face' but again; don't we all have one when we need one? I am sure what happened in Belgrade has haunted her.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#5 Amaliamy

Amaliamy

amalia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

There are no words to describe how I feel about her loss!I only can say that I really really miss her!

Everything happens for a reason....

#6 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I REALLY hope she was watching the decent videos, but my gut tells me she probably wasn't. I truly hope that she wasn't stuck on the Belgrade incident, but again...my gut says differently.

If she was feeling down, and watching the poor performances, it probably doesn't help that the comment sections of her videos are absolutely infested with asshole trolls as well; saying truly unnecessary nasty things about her :(

#7 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Worse than watching youtube performances are the disgusting comments people leave. Knowing how sensitive she was, those nasty comments about her would have been very painful and could have contributed to her trying to block it all out.
Sometimes I don't know how celebs do it. Either they are very tough emotionally or don't read any of their own press. I know I could not read negative comments.

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I wonder why, with Andrew knowing this, that he didn't keep a closer watch on her. Not blaming him, how could he know what would happen? Still...If he had a room couldn't he kind of check on her knowing she was depressed? Doesn't matter now. I'm not sure God himself could have helped Amy.

#9 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

yeah, it sounds like the bodyguard didn't find anything unusual about her behaviour so didn't feel the need to check up on her regularly, which makes me think it was just a normal day in the Amy household, her drinking, mucking about on the internet... then again he says he hadn't seen her checking herself on youtube for a long time (or ever) (actually, I don't understand this sentence: "In recent times I had never seen her watch clips of herself on YouTube before." ...grammatically, it makes no sense).

I'm pretty sure he's kicking himself every day though about this, even though he shouldn't. Amy didn't want to be on 24 hour watch, so it's no one's responsability if she died while they were sleeping. It's just a really crap sad accident that was waiting to happen. If he caught her on time this time round, there would've been another occasion where she would slip up and nobody would be there to catch her. She was in a coma just a couple of months beforehand let's not forget...

Ugh, it's hard to have to go through all this again.
  • Love is a losing game and angela135 like this

#10 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I agree with everyone's comments. I'm sure she was watching some clips and laughing and having a great time. She has countless great performances. However, I can't help but think she slipped into the drug videos and Belgrade clips and caused her to drink more.

#11 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

(actually, I don't understand this sentence: "In recent times I had never seen her watch clips of herself on YouTube before." ...grammatically, it makes no sense).

lmao.. only you... but you're right!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I REALLY hope she was watching the decent videos

there's only one way to find out... computer history... ha, there's just too much to know.

#12 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

there's only one way to find out... computer history... ha, there's just too much to know.

Oh god, that never occured to me! Is that something people do in these cases, I mean...would her family have checked her computer? How sad...
She had got to be hurtin' reading all those nasty comments about her on youtube. There's always one!...even on the GOOD videos of her, there's one asshole saying how uggly she was, or how disgusting, etc.
On a side note, I watched a Family Guy episode the other day, and they mention Amy in a joke, something along the lines of "Would you prefer to have Amy Winehouse spit in your face or some other disgusting thing (which I can't remember now, like die a violent death)"... eesh, she really didn't have a good reputation.

#13 whiterabbiteen

whiterabbiteen

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

:( sad to hear this if its true.. still miss her everyday

#14 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

‘At one point she came to my room and wanted to show me clips on YouTube of a Nigerian male she used to go out with.

So...is anyone else wondering who this might be???

#15 whiterabbiteen

whiterabbiteen

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

yeah it did come to mind.. makes me wonder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users