242 replies to this topic

#226 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Nah, I'm saying that because you keep bringing it up that you have been here so long... THAT is pointless. You haven't contributed much to this forum.

#227 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

God you're annoying as fuck lol u have sat on this forum for the past 5 hrs scurrying around editing ur posts at every opportunity u get, shave ur head and place a sucker in there and ur a modern kojak

#228 wrougs

wrougs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

^^^^ I consider THAT a personal attack...."because if I want to, you might never want to visit this forum ever again." Why such hostility? It really doesn't seem to me that you came here to have a discussion. It seems you came here to purposely create some kind of distention. Maybe you get off on that. Who really cares. 77 posts since 2008....go back under the rock you crawled out from.

I was interested in your name. Logical Jade. And I said it because your actions in this thread weren't really logical. It's kind of like Biggie calling himself Biggie Smalls.
And you know, I don't know about your age, but mature people usually have work and stuff to do that they don't really have all the time to go online and make posts that other people have already posted. Like, why would I go and make a post about how beautiful Amy looked in all her pics when everybody here already pointed it out? I happen to have a lot of free time tonight. And I didn't see anyone who makes the same point as I did except [MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7700]AmyAmyAmy[/MENTION]. So I'll say it myself. And if you think you posted more here = you have a great point, you're horribly wrong. I joined this forum in 2008. Which rock were you at in 2008? Why didn't you join the forum in 2008? You're speaking to a veteran here. And you think you are better because you make more posts. I came here because I love Amy. I don't purposely create distention, I don't need to. Go read all my posts if you can. I am always thankful to posters who made beautiful comments like @Lyricsgenius and [MENTION=1337]Winehousedrunk[/MENTION]. Who are these people? You don't even know how much things you missed by joining this forum in 2012.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Nah, I'm saying that because you keep bringing it up that you have been here so long... THAT is pointless. You haven't contributed much to this forum.

I mean I know the rules. So back off trying to frame me for violating forum rules.

Edited by wrougs, 24 May 2013 - 01:28 AM.
typo.

I observe, I don't chase

"I hate nice idiots." Amy, I hear you. But I hate rude idiots even more.

That's me when I sing a song:

#229 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Gotcha. So you're just annoying. Cool.

#230 wrougs

wrougs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

God you're annoying as fuck lol u have sat on this forum for the past 5 hrs scurrying around editing ur posts at every opportunity u get, shave ur head and place a sucker in there and ur a modern kojak

And you're not? I have all the time in the world. Since you used the f word, can I use that back? Because I'm going to be as politically incorrect as I can be write down my real train of thoughts when I read posts like this:

"What a motherfucking bunch of fuckwits, dim-witted, slow as FUCK and don't know SHIT thinking they know what they talking about, fuck off you fucking idiots, you wanna fight me, hell you have no motherfucking chance, I murder you with your mouths open, dumbass, you couldn't even blink when I motherfucking set your ass on fire, I didn't even need to think to butcher you, stupid ass, AND they said they like Amy, fucking god, even Amy would have vomit knowing that she had FANS as dumb as this, fuck you all pussies, don't even have the guts to talk to me, calling me psycho with a fucking ADAM SANDLER video as if he's a FUCKING genius? What the fuck man, just how embarrassing can you be, motherfucking assholes have no point at all, sore losers, can't think of anything non pointless things to say other than, fuck, you're ridiculous, no YOU'RE RIDICULOUS dipshits, why did I have to waste my breath on teaching these imbeciles? Because I fucking want to. Dumbass."

But I understand manners and do not want to hurt people's feelings so I did not say what I really could say. I could have said all this in your face but it's unnecessary. Feel free to report this, I'd edit my train of thought out so it would not violate forum rules.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Gotcha. So you're just annoying. Cool.

I'd rather be annoying than to be stupid and pointless. Thank you
I observe, I don't chase

#231 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

yea me too

so anyway

http://www.amywineho...st=ignore&u=854

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
ღ sharin our love between the sheets

θ΅·ζ­»ε›žη”Ÿ

#232 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

My god, are you guys still at it? This thread looks like it has degenerated into a playground fight and it's just going to get closed down at this rate. I suspect that the only reason that hasn't happened is that there are no moderators online. Seriously can we not just let it rest?

[MENTION=854]wrougs[/MENTION] - you've said sorry and then in the same breath called the people you apologised to weak spirited. That doesn't really make you sound very sincere. Sarcasm and apologies don't go together.

@ everyone - does it matter if you don't have the last word? Just take the high ground and ignore the offensive comments. This argument will never end unless you stop feeding it.

To get back on topic and address your original points, ignoring all the insinuations and bullshit surrounding them - I actually agree with some of what you say [MENTION=854]wrougs[/MENTION], and if you look back in this thread you will see I welcome covers that reinvent songs, in fact I think that's what covers should do. I also don't care what Beyonce looks like, and I think the only reason people bring it up is because she tried to ban unflattering images of herself. They're poking fun at that, I don't think anyone actually thinks she's ugly or that her looks impact in any way on the music she makes. You are right that the fact that the cover is by her does not automatically make it shit, but I assume people knew her music so they made a prediction based on what they knew. That's natural. Once they heard the full song, I believe they rated it on its merit rather than their expectations. And unfortumately I don't see much of merit in the song. I think the beat is generic, Andre3000's autotuning is gimmicky and the whole thing sounds lazy, cheap and trashy. There is nothing about it that moves me or challenges me emotionally or intellectually like I would expect art to do. And I don't rate Beyonce's vocals much either.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#233 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

[MENTION=3088]badfish[/MENTION], Thank You, my dear. :)
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#234 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

I want the thread closed. Everything that can be said has been said about this topic.

#235 wrougs

wrougs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

yea me too

so anyway

http://www.amywineho...st=ignore&u=854

And I can't help you if you wish to stay foolish. Yes this is personal, so I apologise. Also what a so very pointless reply that you just posted. Your replies suck big time, sorry.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

I want the thread closed. Everything that can be said has been said about this topic.

Another pointless reason to close a thread. So all of those old threads should be closed as well? Sigh.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

My god, are you guys still at it? This thread looks like it has degenerated into a playground fight and it's just going to get closed down at this rate. I suspect that the only reason that hasn't happened is that there are no moderators online. Seriously can we not just let it rest?

[MENTION=854]wrougs[/MENTION] - you've said sorry and then in the same breath called the people you apologised to weak spirited. That doesn't really make you sound very sincere. Sarcasm and apologies don't go together.

@ everyone - does it matter if you don't have the last word? Just take the high ground and ignore the offensive comments. This argument will never end unless you stop feeding it.

To get back on topic and address your original points, ignoring all the insinuations and bullshit surrounding them - I actually agree with some of what you say [MENTION=854]wrougs[/MENTION], and if you look back in this thread you will see I welcome covers that reinvent songs, in fact I think that's what covers should do. I also don't care what Beyonce looks like, and I think the only reason people bring it up is because she tried to ban unflattering images of herself. They're poking fun at that, I don't think anyone actually thinks she's ugly or that her looks impact in any way on the music she makes. You are right that the fact that the cover is by her does not automatically make it shit, but I assume people knew her music so they made a prediction based on what they knew. That's natural. Once they heard the full song, I believe they rated it on its merit rather than their expectations. And unfortumately I don't see much of merit in the song. I think the beat is generic, Andre3000's autotuning is gimmicky and the whole thing sounds lazy, cheap and trashy. There is nothing about it that moves me or challenges me emotionally or intellectually like I would expect art to do. And I don't rate Beyonce's vocals much either.

Now this is an opinion that has solid, valid points. I won't call this playground fights, just sharing different opinions. Things might get a bit heated at times but I would not ask people who don't understand my point of view shut up and say they are annoying. So it's a civilised discussion in my eyes. And if you think I'm unapologetic, ok, no problem. What I meant was if you're easily offended(weak souls), then I'd apologise because I can be really harsh. Still I don't think there is a good reason to close this thread. Deleting history is always bad, whether the history itself is good or not.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

This will be the last thing I say in this thread. Just in case the forum users or the admins do not have the time to go through the whole post and think I was violating forum rules or dropping the f boom or hating everybody who hates the cover(which is absolutely not true at all), I would like to quote the line I wrote earlier to the member who created this thread. This sums up my thoughts on the "argument":

"I am not a Beyonce fan. But I defended her the way I did when people misunderstood Amy's work. You can call it self-righteousness, but for me, it's a matter of conscience. You see unfair things, and you try to voice out your opinions even if it means you would be hated for life for saying things people might not like."

Thanks, and peace and good luck to all of you. Love.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Ok I cheated myself, like I knew I would. One last thing to add.
If some of you think this is a debate or a fight, in which I don't as it's just discussion in my book. But if you think it's a fight, then you have no idea who you're dealing with. I'm like an Aretha Franklin in debate, and some of you are just Miley Cyrus and Bieber to me. I'm like Mark Twain, and you're Candace Bushnell. I'm like Marlon Brando, and you're Ryan Gosling. I might be outdated, but I never lose, however hard I try to.
I observe, I don't chase

#236 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

This thread is a mess.
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#237 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

You mean you didn't enjoy reading all of that egotistical sarcastic shit?
I came back for an update and I got it, shocking. Who knew my one reasonable comment would blow up into "you aren't my mama" and "my mama didn't raise me that way." OK, I'm done because I'm the unreasonable one.

I also don't care what Beyonce looks like, and I think the only reason people bring it up is because she tried to ban unflattering images of herself. They're poking fun at that, I don't think anyone actually thinks she's ugly or that her looks impact in any way on the music she makes. You are right that the fact that the cover is by her does not automatically make it shit, but I assume people knew her music so they made a prediction based on what they knew. That's natural. Once they heard the full song, I believe they rated it on its merit rather than their expectations.

Exactly. Thank you for making an accurate observation on human behavior. I believe ugly came up when someone posted a comment someone had made on the youtube video (to say that not all comments about the song were positive) and then I said that she wasn't ugly. Context is extremely helpful.

Edited by allisost, 24 May 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#238 wrougs

wrougs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

[MENTION=3088]badfish[/MENTION], Thank You, my dear. :)

Prrrrrrfrrrrrff! :D :D :D
Great minds think alike? This is the funniest post I've seen in a very long time. I admire the bond you two share. Very moving.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

This thread is a mess.

At least it's hot one. Get it? :)

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

I came back for an update and I got it, shocking. Who knew my one reasonable comment would blow up into "you aren't my mama" and "my mama didn't raise me that way." OK, I'm done because I'm the unreasonable one.

Exactly. Thank you for making an accurate observation on human behavior. I believe ugly came up when someone posted a comment someone had made on the youtube video (to say that not all comments about the song were positive) and then I said that she wasn't ugly. Context is extremely helpful.

Sorry that I shocked you. Calm down, deep breaths, have a cup of coffee, or a smoke, listen to Addicted would help :)
I said you're not my mum because you tried to tell me what I should say and what I shouldn't. You have no right because you ain't my mum and only My mum is good enough to tell me what I can say. Also, be a good boy/girl/transexual and always listen to your mother.
My mother did not raise me to hurt people. I said a lot of other things as well. And you only see those about my mother. What's with your obsession? Oedipus Complex much? Damn this place is nearly as dangerous as me. You're not being unreasonable because you are not my mother, but because some of your points, if not all, did not really have much evidence to support it. Hell, if you guys were to be jurors, god knows how many innocent people would have go to jail.

And yes. I enjoy reading egotistical sarcastic shit. By me or whoever. Those who can do this, most often than not are damn good writers. For example, Oscar Wilde.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Also I didn't like how long my "post" are, because usually it's like 5 posts by me in one long post, since some of you are a bit slow on the reply and that makes it difficult to read since it's so long. :(

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

you sounded a bit schizophrenic here, weren't you here the whole time? Why did you act like you came back from a long sleep and then BAM! Shocking. Are you the same person I was talking to? Or do you guys share the same name?

Anyway, [MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION], I agree with what you said in the last part, that context is extremely helpful, and thanks for telling me and other people how the whole ugly thing came up, thanks a lot. See you're making sense now. It's good:) I'm actually quite happy to see this :) This is a good point and you are improving imo :) :) So you see I am not targeting at people personally, I actually spend time to read and study what you all say :)

I just wish you didn't tell me what I can say and what I shouldn't. That built the wall between the possible friendship that we could have had.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

And if you wonder what am I trying to gain from all this? Nothing other than speaking my mind. It makes me happy to see people 'learning' proper logic whether they want to admit it or not, and use it to illustrate good points. I have an awesome, very refined bullshit detector, but that doesn't mean I can only be "hostile" to people, especially people who love Amy. At the end of the day, I love you all, I was harsh, but am very very glad to see some good points coming. So peace. That's what Amy meant when she said, you learn things every day. I learnt things from you guys and I thank you all. [MENTION=3088]badfish[/MENTION] I sincerely like your gif, but I think you shouldn't label people as psycho THAT easily. People call Amy crazy crackwhore all the time. I cannot tell you what you should say or what you shouldn't, but to be honest, do think twice. Actually I agreed with your post when you said sth like "those ugly pictures are unnecessary". I think you were also saying that me(I guess) mentioning Amy liked Beyonce did not matter. Well I think Amy had brilliant taste in music(and in everything) and I usually agreed that those people she admired were great musicians. [MENTION=3332]Jade Logic[/MENTION]. Hope you see that my signature was "I observe, I don't chase". So now I'm stuck with consequences thrust in my face for not being an avid poster in all these 5 years. Thank you. I would post more from now on thanks to your comment.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Also I wish to share this very good quote by [MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION] when we had some different opinions last year about Tyler James.

We can agree to disagree on Tyler. I just don't share your opinion, pure and simple, it's where he said it and why he said it which made me feel the way I do about the situation. I never said it's inappropriate to ever talk about her.

I think this was very well said. Agree to disagree on different opinions, she elaborated her reasons, and handled it very well.

The Tyler James thread was old. I was still doing same thing to this day. Defending people or things or values that I think worthy of spending my precious time on.

Thread here:
http://www.amywineho...The-Voice/page4

Edited by wrougs, 24 May 2013 - 02:41 AM.
damn I keep misspelling sith. Shit I mean.

I observe, I don't chase

#239 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image

Dear [MENTION=854]wrougs[/MENTION],
that's definitely great you're having a lot of spare time which you're converting to lulz and funz for yourself, but it seems that your opuses are becoming a little annoying to other members. You can think that's not your fault (or you can pretend you're thinking so), but I would recommend you to stop provoking other members to be rude with you.
This thread is closing for 3 days and I have to warn you that if you continue to troll other members, I'll be obliged to suspend your account.
Thanks for understanding.

V.Melnyk

#240 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

This thread is 16 pages of amazing, high quality debate.

I wish Beyonce had learned from Amy and punched the guy who slapped her butt at her concert recently :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users