242 replies to this topic

#46 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Easy does it Badfish, you might spain your tounge.

#47 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm gonna wait until the full song is out & then i'm gonna give my review.

I like Beyoncé, i used to be a HUGE fan of hers some years ago, but then i stopped worshipping her and just kept on listening to her music. She's actually got a great voice and must be a great live performer ( i'm gonna see her live in May for the first time, very excited! :heart:).
And i also think that Beyoncé learns very fast, if you listen to Songs from her 1st Album, you'll notice that her voice has changed A LOT. She also listens to different kind of music to develop expand her knowlegde of different music styles. I'm really excited for her next album too, they say it's coming out later this year.
Amy flies in paradise

#48 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Sounded bad. Perhaps that was the goal? A futuristic sounding pile of shite.

#49 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

We're talking about Mitch here haha. I agree....
The whole twitter thing has gotten out of hand, can't really say he shouldn't have one, but it's a nice thought. (for me, anyway, I know some fans enjoy him?) I think the last thing Amy would want to hear in the media is some bullshit her dad said... even if I agree with him on things, why can't he do it in a respectable way? It's weird enough that Amy isn't here, now her dad is making headlines? Ugh...

I think it's completely fine that he has a twitter account, too. Sure, there are plenty of people who want to hear what he has to say. Sometimes I am guilty of that! But, if you want a donation, don't ask, rather demand money via twitter. They have managers and labels that deal w/ this kind of stuff.

Also, I think that there would have had to be some sort of permission for Beyonce to cover B2B on a soundtrack. I wonder how this all worked out?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

You know, I think Jay-Z and Beyonce are genuine fans of Amy, they actually looked mezmerized by her when they met her, and I think this cover - as bad as it may be - is exactly what you're describing: two artists who really appreciated Amy's talent and what she contributed to contemporary music wanting to pay recognition...in a really clumsy way!

I completely agree. I have heard Jay-z on several occasions talk about how great she was. I'm pretty sure he saw her first show in the US at Joe's Pub. Plus, he has added a chorus to Rehab, which she must have approved.

#50 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'm not too excited about the fact that Beyoncé got her hands on Amy's song, to be truthful. But people will get to hear Amy's song again, so that's good. I would rather see them use the real deal though and just use Amy's version of it.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#51 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#52 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Gawwwwd... really not sure what to think about this! The Great Gatsby is one of my fave novels and I am excited about the film but think hearing Beyonce covering my favourite song is gonna ruin it for me. Funny though as I have often thought that this song would be perfect for the film but I think they should have just used the original, and best version. I can't see Beyonce feeling it like Amy used to.
I guess we just have to take it as a compliment that her song is being covered for one of the biggest films of the year... to be positive about it!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#53 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well , let's see....Ah..no, sorry folks.....Beyonce doing Amy songs...no...no..no....
Although, some folks CAN pull it off and do justice in a cover...Beyonce, is not one them...For me, the ideal folks to even consider and possibly pulling it off , in my opinion would be : Diana Krall, Amanda Marshall, Tim McGraw, Reba McEntire...some more, but these folks come to mind for me....Remember, this is only my reflection of this, you can agree or disagree .

#54 AmysAngel92

AmysAngel92

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'd love nothing better than for Bey to get a law suit on her hands for covering this without permission, the fact that Mitch had no idea any of this was happening, I smell mess on the horizon

Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Heh heh.......Mitch is just a cabbie, he is not some experienced CEO of a large corporation. Yes.... he heckles people for money but thats him and part of his charm or lack of it. But I find it hard to believe that this is the first that he has heard of Beyonce covering B2B. Wouldnt the music publishing company notify him?
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#56 Geografo

Geografo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

#57 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

damn what show is that from? she sounds like she's in a lot of pain.

#58 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

^Is that supposed to be funny?

#59 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

No. It doesn't sound good to me at all. Some of her live performances don't.

#60 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

No. It doesn't sound good to me at all. Some of her live performances don't.

Totally agree & I love Amy.

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users