Photo
- - - - -

Glasto Jazz World Stage 2007 (Enhanced Audio)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Just some more summertime road trip music for the car :)

This audio is from the Youtube full show video. The audio level in it was really compressed and low, so I just pumped it up, and did a few minor enhancements to bring out the vocals, instruments and stereo field

MP3 320Kbps

It's up on Sendspace ...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7n6q09

You might have to copy/paste the link if the forum doesn't open a new window
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi [MENTION=2280]Uno[/MENTION],
thank you for sharing this recording.
Would you be so kind as to say how are you grabbing audio from YouTube? For example, I'm using snipmp3.com, but, alas, usually it gives not too high quality of sound. How are you evading it?
Thanks!

V.Melnyk

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hi @Uno,
thank you for sharing this recording.
Would you be so kind as to say how are you grabbing audio from YouTube? For example, I'm using snipmp3.com, but, alas, usually it gives not too high quality of sound. How are you evading it?
Thanks!

I use an addon for Firefox called Best Video Downloader from http://www.bestvideodownloader.com/
Even though it will also download them as .mp3, I always download the video .flv itself and then extract the .aac audio directly out of it. The .aac audio is usually a little bit better quality than .mp3 and makes for a better starting point to do any enhancements to it. When I load it into Adobe Audition, it will usually have to be converted to a .wav file for alot of the filters to work with it. A full show this size usually converts into about 1GB wav file, then after the enhancements are finished, I convert it back down to the best quality mp3. Unfortunately, Youtube just compresses the hell out of files when they're uploaded and also degrades the audio.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Thank you!

V.Melnyk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users