#1 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to this forum and I'm loving it! You guys really know how to keep Amy alive in our hearts!

I haven't seen any other posts here in the forum about this yet, so here it goes... (and I hope this is good news for you! :friendlywink:):

An Amy Winehouse movie is being made by award winning director Asif Kapadia - his film 'Senna' won a BAFTA award for best documentary in 2012, so an Amy movie is even more promising!

The documentary will be released in Cannes next year (still ages away, I know!) and is being made entirely of archive footage. There will be lots of great unseen material of Amy.

So, forget what the tabloids and mediocre authors have published about her, this will be her real story!

I'll soon post some more exciting news about the film.

You can also check out the facebook page: AmyWinehouseMovie (sorry I'm not able to add the link)

Lots of love xx

Edited by v_melnik, 20 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.
Adding the link :-)

• 1TubeGuru, MarvinEsots, Dannybkn and 1 other like this

#2 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

This is us in Cannes... warming up for next year!
Attached File  amy cannes.jpg   39.08KB   52 downloads
  • Dannybkn and larahd4 like this

#3 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hi, here's our thread about it
http://www.amywineho...new documentary

#4 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Oh, great!! Thank you allisost! Do I need to delete this post? :nonchalance:

#5 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Oh, great!! Thank you allisost! Do I need to delete this post? :nonchalance:

No, it should be fine. You can always have this thread to post news coming straight from you guys, but if a mod feels differently they'll just merge the two threads together I guess. =)

#6 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think it's okay, they can be merged if you want, or you can just use this thread to post whatever info you want to share.

#7 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thanks guys, I'm still finding my way around the forum!

#8 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I'm genuinely excited about this documentary, I'm hoping it's released to the US!

#9 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukraine ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Dear [MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION],
Would you be so kind as to tell us more about the movie, please?
We would love to know more about this work.
Thanks.

V.Melnyk

#10 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Dear Amy Movie
Would you be so kind as to tell us more about the movie, please?
We would love to know more about this work.
Thanks.

Well, where to start? We are trying to make a film that truly represents Amy, the super talented girl from East London who shared her life through her lyrics and her music. We want this to be her story told by her. We also call it a movie because we want to keep the same format as we did SENNA - no talking heads and with a feel of a film.

It's hard to say much at the moment because we are still sourcing material and interviewing people close to Amy. We won't know what the story is until we've seen everything and start putting it together.

I hope this helps! ;)
  • Dannybkn, larahd4 and TakeTheBox03 like this

#11 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukraine ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Thank you for your reply. Of course, this movie is going to be really good!

If we can help you with something, please, just let us know and a lot of us will be glad to aid you in you work.

V.Melnyk

#12 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm now able to share this with you guys:

We want Amy's fans to get involved in the film by sending us videos of Amy owned by you. If any of your material is used in the film, you will receive a 'Thank You' credit.

To find out more: http://www.amywinehousefilm.com/

xx;-)

Please note: We are opening this space as we think fans might have interesting shots of a gig or event, which can add to the footage we have. Once we start editing the film, we might ask for specific shots that we could be missing to tell the story.

I hope you'll all find this interesting.

Edited by Amy Movie, 21 May 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#13 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

I have a very large collection of clothing that are all items identical to hers as I do a bit of a tribute show here in Los Angeles. I loved the "Senna" movie as I used to race cars. My old boss was at Imola the day he died. Absolute tragedy not only the people of Brazil but the world. Amy is often referred to as "The Inebriated Patron Saint of Camden". I think people love her the same way you here about women who love Marilyn Monroe. Gals know when other gals "need a friend". Addiction is tricky and there is no cut and dry way to save anybody or we'd live in a world overrun by talented people! Thrilled to hear you are doing your homework on here.

#14 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm excited about this movie, I've heard a lot of good feedback about the Senna movie, which I haven't yet seen.

#15 Amy Movie

Amy Movie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have a very large collection of clothing that are all items identical to hers as I do a bit of a tribute show here in Los Angeles. I loved the "Senna" movie as I used to race cars. My old boss was at Imola the day he died. Absolute tragedy not only the people of Brazil but the world. Amy is often referred to as "The Inebriated Patron Saint of Camden". I think people love her the same way you here about women who love Marilyn Monroe. Gals know when other gals "need a friend". Addiction is tricky and there is no cut and dry way to save anybody or we'd live in a world overrun by talented people! Thrilled to hear you are doing your homework on here.

Hi [MENTION=3199]BeehiveQueen[/MENTION]

So you used to race cars AND love Amy Winehouse? We love this combination!

I have to say, this Forum is the best website about Amy we have seen. It's full of interesting posts, pictures, videos... It's definitely helping us with our research! It's also great that it has members from all over the world. You guys in the US for example, must have a lot of footage and stories from when Amy did her Back to Black tour and we hope we find the best stuff for the film, because Amy deserves it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users