#436 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

People are getting me mad with their stupid, thinking they're really bright comments : "I wonder how it ends" or "spoiler alert: she dies at the end". So stupid. No you are not clever in any way. Idiots. This I seen on youtube btw

#437 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Isn't Detachment one of the 12 songs that are supposedly in the vault and that Amy asked Island Records not to release?

Yesssss
http://www.theguardi...nfinished-songs
  • Uno, melnyk and King Marty like this

...I Go Back To Us... :amy_oops:

#438 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

I thought those 12 unreleased songs in the vault were post B2B, yet what she sings at the end of the clip sounds like Frank era ???.... Aaaaah, it's driving me nuts, can't wait to see this, July is just too far away!

• MandyP and King Marty like this

#439 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

I watched the movie boyhood alone because none of my friends knew about the movie or weren't available that day, when this movie comes out im gonna be watching it alone again cause no one gets it tbh.
  • MandyP likes this

#440 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

I watched the movie boyhood alone because none of my friends knew about the movie or weren't available that day, when this movie comes out im gonna be watching it alone again cause no one gets it tbh.

None of my friends are really Amy's fans either, but I already know I'm going to drag them with me purely because I can't deal with it alone, I'm going to cry so much!

#441 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

People are getting me mad with their stupid, thinking they're really bright comments : "I wonder how it ends" or "spoiler alert: she dies at the end". So stupid. No you are not clever in any way. Idiots. This I seen on youtube btw

shit like that is always on youtube ignore it, these 12 year old kids will do anything to get a couple of thumbs up. 

#442 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

I'm not Mitch's biggest fan but I feel like people need to lay off him and the family; Amy's always going to be a sore subject for them and I honestly think they still needed more time before they got involved with things like this movie and the press. 

Like you say, Amy was a product of her environment and experience. While Mitch plays a central role in that, he's certainly not the sole contributor.

I think most people on here are pretty respectful of Mitch, and truly believe that although his choices were not always right, they were made out of love for his daughter. The problem is he is going to media and talking; therefore, he has placed himself in a situation to be criticized. I would like to see him let the fans/public see the film and then comment. But, I am not in his situation, I didn't lose my daughter...etc. We all know the right way when it isn't us in a situation. I like Mitch, but sometimes...

#443 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:32 AM

Honestly, before reading your post allisost, I never considered the fact that I may be sitting next to a stranger bawling my eyes out.  I pictured myself off in a secluded corner or something.  Haha. Oh well...I don't like crying in public either but there's something about Amy and her story that cuts past all that.  And that's always been part of the attraction, really.  She just makes me feel, without thinking or worrying about anything else...like what people will think of a grown-ass man crying in a crowded theater.

Haha well leave it to me to make a situation anxious... but yeah I do get into a zone listening to Amy where I'm not worried about anything else but I'm also usually not listening to her with anyone else around either. I'll probably be going alone too. I think maybe in the U.S. people have not taken as much interest in her and it's easier for people to distance themselves from someone who openly struggled so hard with addiction and life, but really, Amy fan or not, many people can relate to her in some way.

...there was a stupid remark about movie theaters full of strangers who're crunching their popcorn, giggling and making stupid remarks...

Lol you forgot to include people breathing and heavy perfume. I really dislike popcorn... even with a pound of butter poured on top, I rather eat a stick of butter. :)

#444 Hanna

Hanna

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

http://www.dailymoti...se_news?start=6

• catpuss likes this

#445 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

http://www.dailymoti...se_news?start=6

Now I"m crying already......what am I going to be like for the whole film

Many thanks for that

#446 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Youtube is a well of hatred. The absolute worst of people comment on there. I have seen some of the most terrible racist, misogynistic and outright hateful shit on there. I try to just avoid the comments if I'm watching anything on Youtube now, because the people there just make me despair for humanity a little bit. It disturbs me that anyone might even secretly think some of the thoughts that show up there, let alone type them out for everyone else to read. 

"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#447 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

guys you are amazing, i think i finished reading all your posts, and the reviews and interviews that you posted. thank you for sharing all this especially your thoughts. i also spent a bit of time on youtube, tear-eyed at 3am, , feeling a bit like 'the old days', when amy was first gone and i found this forum. i love her so much. did i say im grateful for you?. i appreciate every word you write, as if i wrote it myself. i get it. its too much to explain.

i cant wait to watch the movie, ill be asking my husband to take me if there is a showing in miami. as for mitch, what can i say. i can only show some compassion by recognizing his role in her life as a father and friend, and staying away from the negative criticism. the guy is only human! we knew he wasnt perfect and he tried to pull her out of the hole, he tried so hard for so long and made some decisions. janis is my friend on twitter and she said she just wants to stay away from all this which i respect. if mitch doesnt agree with the movie, then so be it he has his reasons. sounds to me like the movie is everything we have waited for and more. 

• crol and mayday like this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#448 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

guys you are amazing, i think i finished reading all your posts, and the reviews and interviews that you posted. thank you for sharing all this especially your thoughts. i also spent a bit of time on youtube, tear-eyed at 3am, , feeling a bit like 'the old days', when amy was first gone and i found this forum. i love her so much. did i say im grateful for you?. i appreciate every word you write, as if i wrote it myself. i get it. its too much to explain.

i cant wait to watch the movie, ill be asking my husband to take me if there is a showing in miami. as for mitch, what can i say. i can only show some compassion by recognizing his role in her life as a father and friend, and staying away from the negative criticism. the guy is only human! we knew he wasnt perfect and he tried to pull her out of the hole, he tried so hard for so long and made some decisions. janis is my friend on twitter and she said she just wants to stay away from all this which i respect. if mitch doesnt agree with the movie, then so be it he has his reasons. sounds to me like the movie is everything we have waited for and more. 

i find myself watching videos of her at 3am too, i'm in highschool and i only wish i knew a girl as different and as funny as amy was. i never got the chance to discover her when she was alive but this forum has made it so much easier to find information and see how life was for amy when she alive. i believe now that she has passed away, it adds a special vibe listening to her music, i only discovered her 6 months ago but i find myself listening to her more than any artist and i have so many questions but i dont how to ask them. she really was one in a generation artist, not musically but in terms as a person. Rest in Peace. 

• Birdieava, melnyk and CodyDraco like this

#449 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

i find myself watching videos of her at 3am too, i'm in highschool and i only wish i knew a girl as different and as funny as amy was. i never got the chance to discover her when she was alive but this forum has made it so much easier to find information and see how life was for amy when she alive. i believe now that she has passed away, it adds a special vibe listening to her music, i only discovered her 6 months ago but i find myself listening to her more than any artist and i have so many questions but i dont how to ask them. she really was one in a generation artist, not musically but in terms as a person. Rest in Peace. 

welcome here mayday :) so glad to hear that you found amy and her music!

most of all i think amy was real. she was a genuine, beautiful girl. honesty was important to her. in the forum archives you will find a lot more about amy, i still browse the archives once in a while! amy's music changed my life forever. feel free to ask questions! we all love reading and writing about amy!!

i'm looking forward to reading everyones reviews of the movie!!

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#450 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

I like this pic posted on one of Amy's fanclubs:

10431444_10152752854126400_6547197659306

• cherry, Birdieava, MandyP and 5 others like this
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users