1324 replies to this topic

#496 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

I hope Alex speaks out more in this movie, since i never really hear about him. The only time i remember he talked about Amy, was right after her death.

#497 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

How big of a part does Tyler James play in the biopic?

Tyler makes an appearance early on and has a few words to say about Amy.

I don't remember Alex appearing at all, but I may have missed him amidst it all.

"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#498 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

Hi all!

I'm sorry for being away all this time and the lack of updates. It has been crazy trying to finish and deliver the film, but we got there at the end!
By now you have probably been reading about the film and seen the trailers that got released... We couldn't be happier with the result and we hope the fans will be too. It's a honest film about her life and career. Unfortunately the film couldn;t be longer than 2 hours, but we have lot's of nice unseen material, which we hope to put on the DVD extras.

Anyway, thank you to you all who helped me... and I'd like to say that I have a few tickets for a preview this saturday 11:30AM in London. If you are interested and can make it, please get in touch on info@onthecorner.tv - Limited number available.

R x

Thank you for thinking of us..... So looking forward to seeing the film in July.
Is there anyway we are able to purchase posters of the film????
  • King Marty likes this

#499 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:20 AM

Tyler makes an appearance early on and has a few words to say about Amy.

How disappointing.

#500 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

How disappointing. To me, he seems like the one with the most insight into Amy's personal life - they lived together and he was a consistent part of her life unlike Juliette.

Wasn't it Tyler who found Amy's body? He was in the house that day, I'm sure.

#501 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

Hi all!

I'm sorry for being away all this time and the lack of  updates. It has been crazy trying to finish and deliver the film, but we got there at the end! 
By now you have probably been reading about the film and seen the trailers that got released... We couldn't be happier with the result and we hope the fans will be too. It's a honest film about her life and career. Unfortunately the film couldn;t be longer than 2 hours, but we have lot's of nice unseen material, which we hope to put on the DVD extras. 

Anyway, thank you to you all who helped me... and I'd like to say that I have a few tickets for a preview this saturday 11:30AM in London. If you are interested and can make it, please get in touch on info@onthecorner.tv - Limited number available. 
 DVD extras? Sounds great, talking of sounds, a double disc release would be great I think, one side DVD and the other....some new music. What do ya say?
R x

#502 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

Wasn't it Tyler who found Amy's body? He was in the house that day, I'm sure.

Her body was found by Andrew Morris. According to Howard Sounes, Tyler was away at the time.
  • King Marty likes this

#503 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:24 AM

Her body was found by her bodyguard who had some good insights about her. He considered her family and seemed to spend every waking moment with her towards the end of her life. The Belgrade fiasco is discussed by him and a couple of others and Raye definitely doesn't come out of that one well at all. In fact, Raye comes off as someone who has completely tried to wash his hands of any responsibility.

I found Juliette and Lauren two of the most interesting in the documentary simply because they seemed to see early on that she was going down a bad road and tried to do something to stop it. When Amy was in the grips of her drug use and everyone else was pushing her to go on tour even though she had nearly died, it seems like the two girls were the only ones who were actually concerned for her wellbeing. I also wouldn't say that Juliette was totally absent. Her, Lauren and Nick tried to give Amy tough love, but they told her that whenever she needed them and whenever she was ready to start again, they'd be there, but they didn't like the person she had become. Juliette was also one of the last people she spoke to. She called her the day before she died apologizing for everything that had happened over the last couple of years of her life.
  • pearljo, Sassy, MandyP and 4 others like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#504 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

How disappointing. To me, he seems like the one with the most insight into Amy's personal life - they lived together and he was a consistent part of her life unlike Juliette.

He may have cropped up again, but to be honest, I have only seen the film once and there are lots of voices coming in and out, it's difficult to remember who exactly spoke at different points.

Juliette lived with Amy too. In fact, she was the first person Amy lived with when she moved out.

• Ace of Hearts likes this

#505 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Juliette lived with Amy too. In fact, she was the first person Amy lived with when she moved out.

I'm well aware of that, but she didn't live with Amy during the latter years of her life - Tyler did.

"I can honestly say this with my hand on my heart, and I'm sure that Mitch would back me up, but nobody knows Amy better than me, no one. No one really knows what the fuck happened. I lived with that girl every single day. I know everything and the time isn't right to tell it now but one day I will because as her friend I owe it to her." - Tyler James

• MandyP and King Marty like this

#506 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

" I lived with that girl every single day. I know everything and the time isn’t right to tell it now but one day I will because as her friend I owe it to her." - Tyler James"

Why isn't the time right now to divulge whatever it is he has to say? When IS the time going to be right? What is it that that no one else knows that Tyler does.

Call me skeptical but I don't think there is any one thing that Tyler knows that no one else in the world doesn't know.
  • pearljo, Sassy, dykehaze and 1 other like this

#507 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

Her body was found by her bodyguard who had some good insights about her. He considered her family and seemed to spend every waking moment with her towards the end of her life. The Belgrade fiasco is discussed by him and a couple of others and Raye definitely doesn't come out of that one well at all. In fact, Raye comes off as someone who has completely tried to wash his hands of any responsibility.

I found Juliette and Lauren two of the most interesting in the documentary simply because they seemed to see early on that she was going down a bad road and tried to do something to stop it. When Amy was in the grips of her drug use and everyone else was pushing her to go on tour even though she had nearly died, it seems like the two girls were the only ones who were actually concerned for her wellbeing. I also wouldn't say that Juliette was totally absent. Her, Lauren and Nick tried to give Amy tough love, but they told her that whenever she needed them and whenever she was ready to start again, they'd be there, but they didn't like the person she had become. Juliette was also one of the last people she spoke to. She called her the day before she died apologizing for everything that had happened over the last couple of years of her life.

Did Amy do this? That really broke my heart.

• Poom likes this

#508 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

Raye Cosbert - Pimp.

• pearljo, Sassy, MandyP and 1 other like this

#509 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hi all!

I'm sorry for being away all this time and the lack of  updates. It has been crazy trying to finish and deliver the film, but we got there at the end! 

R x

Will there be any film previews outside London?

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#510 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Why isn't the time right now to divulge whatever it is he has to say? When IS the time going to be right?

Only he will know when the time is right to tell the truth about Amy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users