1324 replies to this topic

#511 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

I recon the time will be right for Tyler to tell his story when a book deal comes along, and when that ship sails It will be Mitch who is captain.

#512 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

I recon the time will be right for Tyler to tell his story when a book deal comes along, and when that ship sails It will be Mitch who is captain.

He has already had many offers to write a book. I think he'll do it on his own terms when he feels ready.

• MandyP and King Marty like this

#513 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

Did Amy do this? That really broke my heart.

Same here.. I know people say she didn't want to die - but if true, isn't it weird she would just call Juliette the day before she died and tell her this?

• Ace of Hearts likes this

#514 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

I know people say she didn't want to die - but if true, isn't it weird she would just call Juliette the day before she died and told her this?

I believe people subconsciously know when they're going to die.

• King Marty and Poom like this

#515 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

Only he will know when the time is right to tell the truth about Amy.

He was her closest friend and was right beside her through all the ups and downs - of course he knows things that others don't know.

She had a few very, very close friends who were also there for the ups and downs so it's likely they know just as much as he does.

I consider this "I knew her better than anyone else" as grandstanding. If he has to say those kinds of things to try and convince people of his role in her life, that is quite telling in itself...
  • dykehaze, WhoDat and Poom like this

#516 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

I consider this "I knew her better than anyone else" as grandstanding. If he has to say those kinds of things to try and convince people of his role in her life, that is quite telling in itself...

I disagree.

#517 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

Believe me, soon our old friend Tyler will bring out his book, and what's more, Mitch will be 100% behind it's release...remember where you read this first.

• MandyP and Ace of Hearts like this

#518 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

I'm well aware of that, but she didn't live with Amy during the latter years of her life - Tyler did.

"I can honestly say this with my hand on my heart, and I’m sure that Mitch would back me up, but nobody knows Amy better than me, no one. No one really knows what the f**k happened. I lived with that girl every single day. I know everything and the time isn’t right to tell it now but one day I will because as her friend I owe it to her." - Tyler James

I'm just telling you what I saw in the documentary and how I felt about what was said and by who. The contributions by Juliette and Lauren stuck out in particular to me simply because they were friends from childhood and could paint quite a good picture of just how much Amy changed throughout her life. They clearly still felt a great deal of regret about what happened to Amy later on. Juliette is the one who Amy was looking for when she had a seizure and nearly died (she didn't recognize Blake and was calling for Juliette, apparently), she was the one Amy took aside at the Grammys and confessed that it was "so boring without drugs", she called her and apologised before she died.

Tyler may have been around her every day, but to be honest, the impression I got from the documentary was that Amy was most comfortable and truly 'herself' around her childhood girlfriends, which I think is something that's common among women. She loved those gals and they loved her, and they are clearly devastated not only by Amy's death, but by what happened to their friendship. That's what I took from it. 

Again, everyone is free to make up their own minds about which contributions were most interesting to them, this is just my point of view.

• dykehaze, King Marty and The Other Side like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#519 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

I'm just telling you what I saw in the documentary and how I felt about what was said and by who. Tyler does appear, but I can't recall how often he crops up. The contributions by Juliette and Lauren stuck out in particular to me simply because they were friends from childhood and could paint quite a good picture of just how much Amy changed throughout her life. They clearly still felt a great deal of regret about what happened to Amy later on. Juliette is the one who Amy was looking for when she had a seizure and nearly died (she didn't recognize Blake and was calling for Juliette, apparently), she was the one Amy took aside at the Grammys and confessed that it was "so boring without drugs", she called her and apologised before she died.

Tyler may have been around her every day, but to be honest, the impression I got from the documentary was that Amy was most comfortable and truly 'herself' around her childhood girlfriends, which I think is something that's common among women. She loved those gals and they loved her, and they are clearly devastated not only by Amy's death, but by what happened to their friendship. That's what I took from it. 

Again, everyone is free to make up their own minds about which contributions were most interesting to them, this is just my point of view.

"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#520 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:08 PM

I'm just telling you what I saw in the documentary and how I felt about what was said and by who. The contributions by Juliette and Lauren stuck out in particular to me simply because they were friends from childhood and could paint quite a good picture of just how much Amy changed throughout her life. They clearly still felt a great deal of regret about what happened to Amy later on. Juliette is the one who Amy was looking for when she had a seizure and nearly died (she didn't recognize Blake and was calling for Juliette, apparently), she was the one Amy took aside at the Grammys and confessed that it was "so boring without drugs", she called her and apologised before she died.

You make a very valid point regarding women being more "themselves" around other women.

We know Amy was somewhat of a chameleon anyway. While I don't think anyone doubts the closeness of her relationship with Tyler, I also don't think his relationship with her would have been like that of her close female friends.

#521 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:13 PM

Sorry for the duplicate above! I tried to edit my previous post, but it just posted it as another comment, and now I can't delete it!

And yes, I think women are different around their female friends, especially those they've been close with for a long time. While I don't doubt that Tyler knew Amy well, I wouldn't be surprised if she told things to her female friends that she would never tell him. That just tends to be the nature of female relationships.

Her bodyguard also knew her very well and seemed to be extremely close to her towards the end of her life. He considered her family and she told him a lot too, by the sounds of things.

• Ace of Hearts likes this

#522 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

Probably no one person knew the real Amy...she had too many sides to her.

• Uno, Ace of Hearts, melnyk and 1 other like this

#523 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

I don't think it's necessarily true that women feel more comfortable being themselves around other women. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I'm just as comfortable being myself around homosexual male friends that I am with female friends and it's my experience that this applies to most women.

#524 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

You can be close to all kinds of people, male or female. I don't recognise myself in the previous statement about being more yourself with other women. 

I think she was very close to Tyler, and him having a penis probably didn't stop her from telling him all kinds of things. They were intimate, he had known her since they were teenagers, he also had problems with addiction (and therefore she may have shared more with him than she could discuss with others, even her childhood friends). 

Furthermore, just becasue those girl were real close since childhood doesn't mean they were able to maintain such close ties when Amy was battling her problems. Some addicts distance themselves from the people who really know them/understand them/can help them and push them away. We know her relationship with Juliette was strained in the later years. 

• pearljo and King Marty like this

#525 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

Right. Just watch it yourselves, guys. Make up your own minds.

• MandyP, Ace of Hearts and King Marty like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users