1324 replies to this topic

#616 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

i agree. there's no way her demos are "destroyed".

puhh-leez.

:rolleyes: 

• melnyk likes this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#617 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

I can't say whether it's true or not, but if it is that is completely crazy. Whatever about keeping demos in a vault and not allowing them to be released under his watch, destroying an artist's music, regardless of how incomplete it may be, is an entirely different matter and it's utter madness. Those demos are part of the musical legacy of an artist whose body of work is already quite small. They should be valued, not destroyed. I mean, if they came across an unfinished Van Gogh painting, would they just toss it on the fire? I know they want to "honour her wishes" or whatever, but I just think there's something really reprehensible about destroying artistic work, especially when the artist isn't even alive to sanction such a move.

• Ace of Hearts, melnyk, King Marty and 2 others like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#618 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

Asked Janis on Twitter how she feels about it.

You should ask Mitch instead - he's far more involved with Universal Music than Janis.

#619 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

Year-Old Amy Winehouse Sing 'Happy Birthday'

• Sassy, catpuss, TBR and 5 others like this

...I Go Back To Us... :amy_oops:

#620 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Omg that was amazing

#621 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Well shit, that's crazy. She had such a strong control over her voice at such a young age. And Janis insisted she'd barely had any singing lessons but she sounds like a professional jazz singer. So, so good.

• King Marty likes this

#622 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

that's funny, it doesn't completely sound like Amy though...

#623 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

Especially an A&R guy.  (Little late with my response) 

#624 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Please ask Asif Kapadia if a soundtrack to the movie will be released.

Unfortunately, the Q&A is in London. I'll be watching it live (in Brighton), but I don't think I'll be able to participate.

Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#625 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

i don't believe it for one second, you're telling me that in todays age where music labels try to milk out as much money as they can, someone would go and delete amy's demo? someone who can generate millions of dollars for them? no way.

I was shocked by that too, and found it hard to believe. In an era when every last breath by Elvis, Tupac etc is being unearthed, I don't think any record company would do that. I know some people close to Amy feel strongly about not releasing material she wouldn't have approved herself. But destroying them is another matter entirely - and there would surely be legal implications?

• King Marty likes this
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#626 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

It frustrates me so much I can't even begin to tell you, in my quest to get Amy's unreleased songs out where they belong, with us, ha, ha, I always come up against a brick wall. Thing Is, I have written to her record company, Management, publicists, Mitch, so on and so on, and always fucking nothing. Anyway, and I'm thinking, there must be a way to crack Universals hard shell, we as a collective have the power to get these people to bend? surely? I mean, there as to be something we can do? surely! all of us together? come on we can do this....all of us. We are the Amy ARMY, and we won't be messed with, we will take absolutely no more fucking crap, not from these people or anybody. Do whatever you feel you need to do, move forward and let's get this thing done guys, I can trust you.

#627 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

I got goosebumps from that clip!

#628 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

You should ask Mitch instead - he's much more involved with Universal Music than Janis is.

He blocked me because he didn't want to face the truth, so i can't reach him. Someone else have to ask him. And anyway, if it was my child i would never let this happen.
  • King Marty likes this

#629 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

It frustrates me so much I can't even begin to tell you, in my quest to get Amy's unreleased songs out where they belong, with us, ha, ha, I always come up against a brick wall. Thing Is, I have written to her record company, Management, publicists, Mitch, so on and so on, and always fucking nothing. Anyway, and I'm thinking, there must be a way to crack Universals hard shell, we as a collective have the power to get these people to bend? surely? I mean, there as to be something we can do? surely! all of us together? come on we can do this....all of us. We are the Amy ARMY, and we won't be messed with, we will take absolutely no more fucking crap, not from these people or anybody. Do whatever you feel you need to do, move forward and let's get this thing done guys, I can trust you.

I believe we should make a campaign .. All together ... fans worldwide ..
  • Uno, King Marty and Poom like this

#630 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

All together we will be able to get an answer ...
  • King Marty likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users