1324 replies to this topic

#706 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Zalon has been on twitter today giving his backing for the movie, he loves it. The tide seems to be turning.

...just thought I'd mention it.

• Tara, Ace of Hearts, melnyk and 4 others like this

#707 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:07 AM

Haha yes, it wasn't a parrot. I remember it was a canary or finch, a small bird that she forgot to feed or give water to :(

#708 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:28 AM

Tommorrow On NPR radio show called Fresh Air they will be interviewing Kapadia abot "Amy" sorry I don't know the time
  • Soul Power and dykehaze like this
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#709 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

What we do hope to do is explain addiction a bit better. It’s no good saying she didn’t die of heroin, she died of alcohol. If you’re an addict, you’re an addict. We can’t fix everything, but we can explain that she had these addiction issues from a very young age. She had them for a long time. They were issues that probably weren’t dealt with at an early stage when they could have been.  http://www.vogue.com...r-asif-kapadia/

This.

This is VERY important, and the part Mitch doesn't understand. When Mitch bangs on about how Amy was clean of drugs for the last 3 years, he is implicitly saying that some addiction are worse than others, that heroin is worse than alcohol. But the end-result of these addictions are the same. I hope he knows this deep down. Because of his work with the foundation. It's crucial.

• LaPeep, dykehaze, TBR and 2 others like this

#710 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Didn't realise there was some live music with Amy's band after one of the film's screenings in London : 

Last week #SecretCinemashowed an Exclusive of The New#AmyWinehouseFilm. They asked her original band to come together to play Amy's songs in her honour. 
It was very moving playing with the band again, also very surreal that we created something that touched the whole world. I'm not sure if any of us knew at that time what we were creating, a legacy that will last longer than all of our lives. 
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the stage, they made a huge effort to recreate the stage exactly how it was when we toured. The stage felt like home, so familiar yet there was something missing, our dear beautiful, funny, witty, talented, loving Amy.

I applaud #AsifKapadia for showing the world the beautiful person I knew. 
Zalon

https://instagram.com/p/41c4zfIPNV/

• Tara, MandyP, TBR and 2 others like this

#711 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

This.

This is VERY important, and the part Mitch doesn't understand. When Mitch bangs on about how Amy was clean of drugs for the last 3 years, he is implicitly saying that some addiction are worse than others, that heroin is worse than alcohol. But the end-result of these addictions are the same. I hope he knows this deep down. Because of his work with the foundation. It's crucial.

I think he thinks that by pointing out that she was clean of drugs that that somehow proves something. But the fact is, she died from complications relating to alcohol, so it's fairly irrelevant whether she was clean of drugs. The issues that were compounding her addictive tendencies in the first place were never dealt with, and that was the real problem that many people around her, including Mitch, continued to brush off time and again while she was alive.

• Tara, LaPeep, dykehaze and 4 others like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#712 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

@Poom

i guess, he must have mixed it up...such things may occur even to serious doc filmers...

#713 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

@Poom

i guess, he must have mixed it up...such things may occur even to serious doc filmers...

Yeah I know. It just seemed quite funny, Amy with a parrot. :D It would match her hello sailor tattoo though.

• LaPeep likes this

#714 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

yeah, lol. Would have been quite funny

#715 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

• Tara, crol, inwinoveritas and 3 others like this

#716 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

I know this sounds trivial, but thanks to the movie, Google search suggestions no longer begin with "Amy Winehouse cause of death".  That drove me mad.  But it is evidence that the interest in Amy is shifting back to her music & talent, as it should be.

Also, a huge thanks to everyone here who has seen the movie and shared your reports/reviews.  Yours are the only reviews that matter to me.

• Tara, LaPeep, pearljo and 6 others like this

#717 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Tommorrow On NPR radio show called Fresh Air they will be interviewing Kapadia abot "Amy" sorry I don't know the time

Here it is http://www.npr.org/2...-tabloid-legacy

• LaPeep and Uno like this

#718 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

'Making of' featurette

https://www.youtube....h?v=qTaH1kmg4I8

• LaPeep, Sassy, Uno and 2 others like this
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#719 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

The making of featurette thing is already on YT? then the DVD release could be on It's way then.....just saying that's all.  

• Tara likes this

#720 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

Where did you get the link? Since you have to have the link to watch it. Anyways, very nice to see more of her audition to Island.

• LaPeep likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users