#1292 HiddenTreasures

HiddenTreasures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:35 AM

Well hot damn, Mitch has closed his Twitter account. Clicking his twitter link comes up with "Sorry, that page doesn't exist" :o

https://twitter.com/mitchwinehouse

• amh91 likes this

#1293 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:17 AM

Well hot damn, Mitch has closed his Twitter account. Clicking his twitter link comes up with "Sorry, that page doesn't exist" :o

https://twitter.com/mitchwinehouse

Good. It's the smartest thing he's done in a long time. When this saga started (last April), yes, almost a whole year ago, I though (even though I my not agree with him) he's allowed to have his own opinion. But sadly it has gotten to the point where, now he's just using his daughter as a weapon to fight his own war, it's just fucking sad that it has been taken this far.

• dykehaze, TBR, ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer and 4 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#1294 GoddessAmy

GoddessAmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

HI everyone! 

Something cute to remind us the greatness of Mr Asif and his team and the WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION his art work has had  :wub:

https://www.instagra...=_amy.winehouse

Thank you Amy, do send us a kiss from the sky sweetheart, miss you  :wub:

• Love is a losing game likes this

#1295 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

Love it! Aww and her LOL at the end 💝 Our star ❤ I do miss her too, how weird I had never even met the the girl and was not a fan when she was around, how can you miss someone like that? Guess only you guys can understand 😬 Tbh now that the movie is over (awards etc) and they won't talk about Amy as much, all footage is pretty much out there and no more new footage will come out (and music, who knows but still hoping) it's upsetting. It kinda seems like the end, do you know what I mean? She was finally getting the recognition she deserved for long time and now what? What's gonna happen to our Queen? I don't care about Mitch, Reg and all that lot - not really a lot it's only them two lol. All I want is celebrating her talent forever, concerts, movies, whatever....

What's going to happen now guys? Will Amy disappear again from our everyday life as I guess it was after her passing? Of course we have the Forum but it is different when you sort of hear about her on the papers, the news, in a positive light like it's been recently. It's made me proud and happy for her.

For me the movie means so much, it's like a Star was born again (for me and other millions of people), I fell in love with who she really is and I don't want her to leave again. Sorry for the bittersweet post.
x
  • GoddessAmy likes this

#1296 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

For those of us that appreciate true talent, Amy will always be around.

• crol and Love is a losing game like this

#1297 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

For those of us that appreciate true talent, Amy will always be around.

Hey@dykehaze, how are you😉?

Course she'll always be with us with her music and what we have about her...I'll be forever grateful to Kapadia for the movie cos if it wasn't for him, perhaps, I wouldn't have known how to appreciate Amy's talent really and truly, and her as a person. This is privilege, a gift Amy gave us, no one will take away from me. She'll be forever in my heart, and when I hear that voice.... ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I guess my question is, how can we make her be MORE around us? Like it's been lately on a daily basis, since the movie project started. How can we make the world see what we see and carry on her legacy by giving the recognition she deserves x

#1298 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Love it! Aww and her LOL at the end Our star ❤ I do miss her too, how weird I had never even met the the girl and was not a fan when she was around, how can you miss someone like that? Guess only you guys can understand Tbh now that the movie is over (awards etc) and they won't talk about Amy as much, all footage is pretty much out there and no more new footage will come out (and music, who knows but still hoping) it's upsetting. It kinda seems like the end, do you know what I mean? She was finally getting the recognition she deserved for long time and now what? What's gonna happen to our Queen? I don't care about Mitch, Reg and all that lot - not really a lot it's only them two lol. All I want is celebrating her talent forever, concerts, movies, whatever....

What's going to happen now guys? Will Amy disappear again from our everyday life as I guess it was after her passing? Of course we have the Forum but it is different when you sort of hear about her on the papers, the news, in a positive light as it's been recently. It's made me proud and happy for her.

For me the movie means so much, it's like a Star was born again (for me and other millions of people), I felt in love with who she really is and I don't want her to leave again. Sorry for the bittersweet post.
x

There are no easy or wholly satisfactory answers to this, unfortunately, though I'll try my best to make some guesses, lol.

I think, above all, the film has done its job in restoring Amy's legacy. From now on, people who thought badly about her before will look at her much more sympathetically and much more respectfully. As Kapadia's said in interviews, now people realise how talented she was, how brilliant her music was, how amazing she was as a person, with all of the negatives sort of cancelled out or vanquished. That's a really beautiful thing, if you think about it. Though, of course, in an ideal world more people would have realised this when she was alive, things wouldn't have happened as they did, and Amy would still be with us. 

Also, in terms of the film itself, its reputation will be long-lasting, I've got no doubt about that. People (students, critics, historians, etc) will study this film for years to come, and so they'll always remember and appreciate Amy, there'll always be debates and conversations to have about her, there will be things to say and new ideas advanced, on that level I don't think she'll ever go away, nor do I think she should. 

As far as future projects and releases go, the more the merrier. I'm sure there will be more releases in the future, to keep the conversation going, the memory alive and, sadly, the tills filled with cash. I, somewhat foolishly, hold out a little hope that this film project Mitch keeps bandying about actually comes to fruition and isn't a complete whitewash, but I'm skeptical. 

With all these things in mind, with Amy having reached an apotheosis in our culture, maybe she can finally rest. There's nothing more to say that hasn't already been said. There's nothing left to prove. Nearly all disputes and questions have been resolved or answered, and now she can reach some sort of peace. Apart from Mitch's outbursts, Amy's story has reached as good a conclusion as anyone could ever hope for. 

Finally, and I'm going to try to not be more soppy than I already have been in this post lol, but maybe as long as she remains in the memories, the consciousness of her fans, both in each individual fan and as a collective whole, she'll never disappear completely, a piece of her will remain forever. 

Just some food for thought. And while the post is at its most philosophical and sappy, I'm gonna end it there ;) x

EDIT: One final thing, a quote from Anthony Lane at the New Yorker, who sums things up beautifully, much better than I ever could: 

"...the movie needs to be seen, not because it brings Winehouse back to life but because it fortifies the impression—cheerful, rather than creepy—that she has never gone away. You can no more dispel her from your mind than you can switch off a bonfire. Her presence continues to roar and crackle, in all its overdone glory: the tight-waisted nineteen-fifties frocks; the buzzing beehive of hair that nodded towards the Ronettes; the great batwings of mascara swooping up from the corner of each eye; and the tattoos with which, for love or a lark, she defaced the walls of her body like graffiti."

http://www.newyorker...back-from-black

• crol, Love is a losing game and HiddenTreasures like this

#1299 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

Well, I was the first one to be soppy lol. Thanks for your words@amh91, spot on and lovely as usual. Yep some food for thought 😉

You know what, I'm gonna watch the BBC gig. Alright baby, run it, run it! x
  • amh91 likes this

#1300 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say Amy has cemented her place in music history and won't be forgotten! Yes, the fanfare over the movie will die down now but as someone who was a fan before the movie, it didn't play a big part in building my appreciation of her, it was just a nice reminder of how special she is.  Over the years anyone I have ever spoken to about Amy has only said good things about her, all sorts of different people who appreciated her music.  They all had nothing but praise for her and weren't too interested in what the tabloids were saying about her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes the movie was good, but it wasn't the be-all and end-all in the story of Amy.  Her music will continue to inspire anyone who likes good music.  There will be other Amy-related projects in the future.  I hope that I will get the opportunity to see the exhibition which is now going to Amsterdam.  I don't hold out much hope that it will ever make it to Australia but I hope it continues to travel and that I will catch it somewhere.  And even if I don't get to see it, many others will.

I think she will also continue to inspire the fashion world.  Fred Perry are still using her name in their designs. 

Also, don't you think there will be some sort of B2B 10th anniversary celebrations as there were for Frank?  So all sorts of ways Amy's name will remain in the public consciousness.

• Love is a losing game likes this

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#1301 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

I think it's pretty safe to say Amy has cemented her place in music history and won't be forgotten! Yes, the fanfare over the movie will die down now but as someone who was a fan before the movie, it didn't play a big part in building my appreciation of her, it was just a nice reminder of how special she is.  Over the years anyone I have ever spoken to about Amy has only said good things about her, all sorts of different people who appreciated her music.  They all had nothing but praise for her and weren't too interested in what the tabloids were saying about her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes the movie was good, but it wasn't the be-all and end-all in the story of Amy.  Her music will continue to inspire anyone who likes good music.  There will be other Amy-related projects in the future.  I hope that I will get the opportunity to see the exhibition which is now going to Amsterdam.  I don't hold out much hope that it will ever make it to Australia but I hope it continues to travel and that I will catch it somewhere.  And even if I don't get to see it, many others will.

I think she will also continue to inspire the fashion world.  Fred Perry are still using her name in their designs. 

Also, don't you think there will be some sort of B2B 10th anniversary celebrations as there were for Frank?  So all sorts of ways Amy's name will remain in the public consciousness.

Yes, exactly. And literally 1/2 of today's British pop stars (Sam Smith, Jess Glynne...) quote Amy as a big influence on them. Someone so inspirational can never vanish. 

• pattieboyd2 and Love is a losing game like this

#1302 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

I've been trying to avoid Mitch bullshit these days, but check this out. Annoying BS 😡😡😡😡STFU man!!! What he said is actually embarrassing "...in the film..everything in between the day she was born and when she died, is basically all fabricated"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=kply5_a_e7k
He's blatantly lying. Oh, well that's not new, I just find it worse than usual cos saying that he's insulting Amy as well. No sorry, I'm forgetting when last summer he said Amy was pregnant with Reg. Oh dear. He needs to stop, get off the media and get help.

• GoddessAmy and HiddenTreasures like this

#1303 GoddessAmy

GoddessAmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:09 PM

I've been trying to avoid Mitch bullshit these days, but check this out. Annoying BS STFU man!!! What he said is actually embarrassing "...in the film..everything in between the day she was born and when she died, is basically all fabricated"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=kply5_a_e7k
He's blatantly liying. Oh, well that's not new, I just find it worse than usual cos saying that he's insulting Amy as well. No sorry, I'm forgetting when last summer he said Amy was pregnant with Reg. Oh dear. He needs to stop, get off the media and get help.

Thank you love is a losing game for this. Thanks a lot.  He's an abominable disgrace. How can you claim "..everything in between the day she was born and when she died is all fabricated…"…

It's extremely disrespectful to Amy as I assume her voice was the real one in the movie, even that one is fabricated Mitch? And the hallucinating "no one has exploited amy more that Asif…" WTF???!!!?

Typical narcissistic abusive attitude he has always displayed in any interview since time…..

He truly needs professional help, and pronto!!!!!

• Love is a losing game and HiddenTreasures like this

#1304 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say Amy has cemented her place in music history and won't be forgotten! Yes, the fanfare over the movie will die down now but as someone who was a fan before the movie, it didn't play a big part in building my appreciation of her, it was just a nice reminder of how special she is. Over the years anyone I have ever spoken to about Amy has only said good things about her, all sorts of different people who appreciated her music. They all had nothing but praise for her and weren't too interested in what the tabloids were saying about her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes the movie was good, but it wasn't the be-all and end-all in the story of Amy. Her music will continue to inspire anyone who likes good music. There will be other Amy-related projects in the future. I hope that I will get the opportunity to see the exhibition which is now going to Amsterdam. I don't hold out much hope that it will ever make it to Australia but I hope it continues to travel and that I will catch it somewhere. And even if I don't get to see it, many others will.

I think she will also continue to inspire the fashion world. Fred Perry are still using her name in their designs.

Also, don't you think there will be some sort of B2B 10th anniversary celebrations as there were for Frank? So all sorts of ways Amy's name will remain in the public consciousness.

Thanks@pattieboyd2, I hope so. True, I had forgotten about the 10th anniversary celebrations for Frank. Did any 'active' Forum member go to the Proud Camden?
B2B was released on 27 October 2006, not long to go then! Do you think we'll get to celebrate with Mitch and the Foundation🙊? Lol I wouldn't mind as long as it's about Amy, and maybe by then Mitch would have calmed down a bit 😉

On a serious note, I said it before, there's so much Mitch could for Amy's legacy instead of going ballistic against the movie, eg small tributes, exhibitions, events, local pub nites, screening of Amy's gigs, unreleased music😝... how can the exhibition, I know it's Alex mainly but still, only have been to such few places? Can it not go to more cities and come back to London?

I really hope they'll be other Amy-related project, needless to say us about us fans and that she'll be inspiring artists forever, but I'm worried if she won't be celebrated as much as now, something will change.

I've seen the current Fred Perry Amy collection, actually don't like it at all, but I'm glad it's out anyway. Another thing, can they not re-launch the line she designed? It wasn't around for long and it was fab, beautiful and timeless, as Amy💝! And contributions go to the Foudation so Mitch would be happy 😉
x
  • pattieboyd2 likes this

#1305 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

How people like to play with subtle differences on how footage has been cut in the movie, that are IRRELEVANT and do NOT change any facts between the full footage and the cut one in the movie. Ridiculous. https://mobile.twitt...160691632283648

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannes, doc, documentary, film, movie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users