V.Melnyk

#2 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

I really like his tone and expression, but his diction is appalling. If you're going to perform a song, at least go to the effort of learning the lyrics and pronunciation rather than just sounding drunk. I've sung in Italian/German/Latin from memory and it's not that hard if you put the time in.

#3 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

I really like his tone and expression, but his diction is appalling. If you're going to perform a song, at least go to the effort of learning the lyrics and pronunciation rather than just sounding drunk. I've sung in Italian/German/Latin from memory and it's not that hard if you put the time in.

I was going to say the same thing. If he actually sang the words, it could have sounded really, really good. However, it sounds like he's trying to approximate the sounds of the English words (clearly English is not his first language!). I've also sung in multiple languages, and (too my recollection :)) have never had such bizarre diction problems!
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#4 oscar_lars

oscar_lars

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

I was going to say the same thing. If he actually sang the words, it could have sounded really, really good. However, it sounds like he's trying to approximate the sounds of the English words (clearly English is not his first language!). I've also sung in multiple languages, and (too my recollection :)) have never had such bizarre diction problems!

For us, Italian, diction is a big problem! :D
Forever trusting who we are... and nothing else matters

#5 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

So I've heard from my Italian friends. :) Likewise, Italian is quite difficult, too, for us English natives. Getting rid of diphthongs, stressing the double consonants ("bella," "fetta," etc.)
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#6 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

I always feel like in Italian it's all a's. Us Dutch don't put that much ''passion'' into our words either, so learning Italian was quite difficult for me and I'm quite far away from being able to speak Italian. I can read it, I can somewhat understand it, but.. man those Italians are fast talkers!

I think Marco did well, though. Ben fatto!

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#7 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, Italian is really hard, imo. But it sounds like he didn't even know the lyrics.

#8 paultim374

paultim374

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Dear If you're going to perform a song, at least go to the effort of learning the lyrics and pronunciation rather than just sounding drunk.

#9 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Maybe it's because his voice recording is low quality? Clearly he's able to improve. Nice guy though.
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users