104 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

It coming up to the 2nd anniversary since Amy left us.

Last year I collected all the tributes from the lovely people on here and took them to the house.

If people want me to do it again this year then that is no problem.

I am not sure whether to take them to the cemetery or to leave them at the house again? I was thinking the house?

Please let me know in this thread then I will set up an email where they can be sent to.

I learnt last year that the words/text need to be big so fans and Amy's family can read it.

Thanks.

#2 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Do you know where your last years tribute book ended up? Is it still in is original location? I think it would be great if Mitch and family end up with this years. I think he would really appreciate it. On a side note, does anyone have his email address? I've always just wanted to let him know how much Amy was helped and inspired me.

#3 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

It coming up to the 2nd anniversary since Amy left us.

Last year I collected all the tributes from the lovely people on here and took them to the house.

If people want me to do it again this year then that is no problem.

I am not sure whether to take them to the cemetery or to leave them at the house again? I was thinking the house?

Please let me know in this thread then I will set up an email where they can be sent to.

I learnt last year that the words/text need to be big so fans and Amy's family can read it.

Thanks.

Hmm, I was thinking we could do something different this year... last year was lovely though, and if people want to contribute, that's cool. If you noticed @v_melnik is also doing a book collection of fan art.

Do you think they'll be going to the house again?

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Do you know where your last years tribute book ended up? Is it still in is original location? I think it would be great if Mitch and family end up with this years. I think he would really appreciate it. On a side note, does anyone have his email address? I've always just wanted to let him know how much Amy was helped and inspired me.

Not sure what you're talking about.. and this isn't really the appropriate place to ask for his e-mail..don't mean to be rude.
You can tweet him on twitter if you like.

Edited by allisost, 02 June 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#4 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

I think there will be tons of fans at Amy's house again. But I think leaving tributes at the cemetery would be a lovely idea as well.
I'm not very sure about this yet :)

Anyway, let me thank you again for what you did on behalf of all of us last year. It's a memory I will forever cherish! :encouragement:

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#5 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

[/COLOR]

Not sure what you're talking about.. and this isn't really the appropriate place to ask for his e-mail..don't mean to be rude.
You can tweet him on twitter if you like.

My apologies! Don't have twitter though.

#6 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

If someone is doing a book to give to the family - that kool.

I will leave it then.

Hope that you are all well :)

#7 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

I wasn't on this forum last year on her anniversary. I'd love to be part of whatever tribute you have planned because I won't be anywhere near the UK anytime soon.

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#8 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'll be in Camden both July and September? Would any ladies like to meet up for tea or some fish and chips?

#9 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

i'll probably be there for september time.

#10 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

i'll probably be there for september time.

Where will you be travelling from?

#11 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

If someone is doing a book to give to the family - that kool.

I will leave it then.

Hope that you are all well :)

NO, WHY?

if you want to bring our tributes to the house or the cemetery, please please do it!!!
there are many ppl like me, just too far away to do anything!!

if the motivation is to remember amy then we should show our love, for sure.
there will be more fans walking by the house, b/c that is where she died.

so it would be nice if you or someone could print out our letters or cards.

just on a side note, i've noticed that a lot of people here are "on edge", and write things that come off as really rude. i feel a little disappointed reading thru here sometimes.

like there is a flu bug that causes everyone to disagree, and even disagree on disagreeing.
can't we just agree to disagree in a nice way?

perhaps many people who are new get intimidated.
brighten up, kids!!!

there is no need to be "not nice" to other forumites. just saying. peace.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

by the way the book is something else. separate from this, i think.
we shouldn't stop sending tributes, or at least, thinking about it.
:disgust:

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#12 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

All I was saying is that maybe we should do something slightly different...not that we shouldn't do anything at all, so I apologize to [MENTION=1041]Miss Mermaid[/MENTION] if she felt like I was disregarding her idea. I believe Vlad will be delivering his book himself anyway.
If I was rude, sorry, but I don't agree with giving out Mitch's email and I would like this thread to stay on the topic of doing tributes.

Every time I add something it ends badly so it must be me. Don't worry, I'm not participating in discussions about Amy anymore.
You know what else I've noticed? If you thought I was rude or anyone else is rude, direct it at them. Don't just say "some people"...at least I'm straightforward.

Anyway, back to tributes. I did a few last year, so I'm only doing something if it involves Janis.

Edited by allisost, 05 June 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

All I was saying is that maybe we should do something slightly different...not that we shouldn't do anything at all, so I apologize to @Miss Mermaid if she felt like I was disregarding her idea. I believe Vlad will be delivering his book himself anyway.
If I was rude, sorry, but I don't agree with giving out Mitch's email and I would like this thread to stay on the topic of doing tributes.

Every time I add something it ends badly so it must be me. Don't worry, I'm not participating in discussions about Amy anymore.
You know what else I've noticed? If you thought I was rude or anyone else is rude, direct it at them. Don't just say "some people"...at least I'm straightforward.

Anyway, back to tributes. I did a few last year, so I'm only doing something if it involves Janis.

...come'on, you really noticed that i didn't direct my comment at YOU?

it's because i really don't want to!

if you are rude, and my comment starts to fry your head, then you will recognize it, as you did.

if not, and your mind is clear and conscience is clean, it wouldn't matter.
SO, I SAID this before and i'll say it again:
to all the rude people out there, chikitty-check yourself before you wreck yourself :livid:

life is much easier ... when you are NICE :disgust:

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

RE:

doing something different as a tribute.

LIKE WHAT?
:indecisiveness:

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#14 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Why wouldn't you want to? I would have just said what I said. I think it's "nice" to be direct. It's impossible to be nice all the time, especially when you see something ridiculous, but if you are able to do that, cool...it's just not me.

Hmm.. I don't know, perfect opportunity to brainstorm... something that is more substantial than papers on the ground? and like miss mermaid said, bigger font.

#15 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yeah. So I'll bring a card with all our names on it I suppose......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users