35 replies to this topic

#1 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

This will be a long post! (Hope I'm in the right thing here)

Hello! I forgot my password so I haven't been online in quite a while (didn't think about looking for a "forgot password" button once. Thanks for that, brain.)

Anyways I've been to London (finally!!) from 6th til 13th of May and I had the best time ever! Our hotel was in Camden which was perfect (for obvious reasons) and I was walking around there every single morning haha. I went to the Hawley Arms and saw all the Amy memories on the shelf over the bar (or however it's called) and the signed picture of her they put up. And when I went to the toilet there were "R.I.P" messages to Amy written ALL over the walls. It made me tear up. I also went to the Good Mixer but didn't go in cause it was packed. Was sad about that cause I really wanted to play pool there ;(
We were going to Amys old houses the first day, Prowse Place, Jeffrey's Place and Camden Square (needed 2hrs and lots of peoples help to find it) and I felt like such a stalker but at the same time very close to Amy if that makes sense?
On one day we made an "Amy day" where we went to the cemetery (so hard to find!) and when we got there I saw part of the grave and said to my friend "Oh god I'm gonna cry oh god" and then we walked over to the grave and I literally broke down. Luckily no one else was there. I was even talking to her saying how much I miss her and stuff. It was really very emotional.
Later on we went to Jazz After Dark and Sam Shaker sat down with us and he was showing me Amys place where she used to sit with a bottle of Vodka and write songs. He told me so much about Amy and also his art. He's so kind! I was also showing him my drawings and he liked them. He also invited us to come see a band that was supposed to perform later that night and he wrote us on the guestlist. He also told me Mitch wanted to come and I should really meet him but he didn't come.
So when we got back to Jazz After Dark for the little gig I got so drunk on 3 Jack Daniels + Coke (which is my favourite drink haha) and 3 of the Back To Black drinks. I've read on here that some of you have tried it and to the people who haven't: If you go there someday you HAVE to try it, it's so good! It's a miracle that I made it home safe after those drinks. I didn't see Sam when we got there but later he just popped up out of nowhere and asked me how to use Twitter, it was so funny! It was a great evening and the band was really good! We came back the next day and the barmaid remembered us from our drinks which was funny, too.
I also saw so much streetart of Amy, like the crepes truck and stuff like that.
I don't wanna make this post too long (that's also why I tried to not make it so detailed) so I'm gonna end it here. Let me know if you wanna see pictures!
Have a nice day/ morning/ evening /night wherever you are :)
Oh I also got an Amy tattoo on my left arm, it looks amazing :)

#2 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Thanks you very much for this great post and for sharing your experience!

Would you love to share some tips for others, who're planning their trips to Camden Town too? I think, a lot of people would get to know your advices on details.

V.Melnyk

#3 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

You mean like the addresses of the places? :)

#4 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thank you for sharing your story! One of these days, in my lifetime, I would love to go to the UK and have an "Amy Day" too. I want to feel connected and close to her and we don't get that out here in the USA.

Sounds like you had such a great time. If you want to share some pictures, I'd love to see 'em!

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#5 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Wow. You are so lucky to have had that opportunity! Honestly if I was ever near Amy's home, grave, or even one of her favorite places, I would have no idea how I would be able to deal with all that emotion. I'd probably sit and ball my eyes out in the middle of Camden :sorrow:

#6 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

You mean like the addresses of the places? :)

Your tips can concern any details which you consider as useful tips for other "palmers".

For example, I've booked a room in "Camden Lock Hotel" (and [MENTION=3332]Jade Logic[/MENTION] are planning to do the same). It would be a nice coincidence if you was in the same hotel and can tell us something about it.
For example, also I would love to know how far from London was your airport and what ways have you used to get from it to London and back.
Frankly, I have a lot of questions, but I'm not sure that I should ask too many of them. :-)

If you have a couple of minutes, please, share your experiecne and maybe other people would like to ask you their questions too.

V.Melnyk

#7 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thank you all for the nice replies! I hope every one of you can get those experiences :)

So here are some pictures:

The Hawley Arms (notice the picture of Amy in the upper left window? As if she was looking outside :')
Attached File  P5060097.jpg   446.44KB   36 downloads

The crepe truck
Attached File  P5060099.jpg   438.92KB   30 downloads

Streetart on a door (what a****** sprayed over it?!)
Attached File  P5060100.jpg   397.33KB   36 downloads

Camden Square. Some construction work being done there. A very quiet place though!
Attached File  P5060101.jpg   668.48KB   35 downloads

Messages written on a tree :(
Attached File  P5060102.jpg   640.35KB   34 downloads

(more pictures follow in the next post)

#8 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

More pictures:

Prowse Place
Attached File  P5060105.jpg   630.54KB   36 downloads

The grave..
Attached File  P5100288.jpg   968.8KB   42 downloads

Sam Shakers incredible paintings in Jazz After Dark
Attached File  P5100290.jpg   410.02KB   31 downloads

Sam told me Amy used to go there, close the curtains and sit down with a bottle of Vodka and write songs for hrs :')
Attached File  P5100292.jpg   372.82KB   42 downloads

And a picture of Sam and I. Please feel free to ignore my face hahaha

Attached File  20130510_232321.jpg   336.53KB   50 downloads

#9 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

[MENTION=3171]v_melnik[/MENTION]

Ah you can ask whatever you want, I'll answer :)

My hotel was a hostel called 'Goldsmiths house'. Not too expensive and it's nice! You can either book a room without an own bathroom but I suggest you get one with an own bathroom if you plan to stay there because the group bathroom is rather...dirty. But the rooms are really, really nice and clean! It also has a garden (for people who smoke, like me haha) and it has a kitchen where you can have your own locker and a place in the fridge and also an oven and just everything you need to make your own meals!
And my airport was Heathrow and I got there via underground! I believe every terminal has an own station (?) and we took the Piccadilly line and changed to the Northern Line at Leicester Square and then dropped off at Mornington Crescent station but if you go to Camden you can of course drop off at Camden Town underground :) And that's also how we got back! Hope that was helpful! And as I said, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

#10 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Oh almost forgot this, here's my tattoo:

Attached File  401866_653554617994605_1432151253_n.jpg   40.57KB   39 downloads

It's not like the original picture, it's the other way around cause my tattooist said "Then she's looking with you and at your heart" and I thought that was really cute :) I'm getting it coloured next month!

#11 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

The tattoo is beautiful! I believe, she is always in your heart, but now her image has appeared through your skin. Forever! :-)

V.Melnyk

#12 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I would be in "Amy Heaven" if I saw all the things you got to see. I never get tired of talking, seeing, listening, or watching Amy. She's made a big impact on Camden based on what I see on your photos. It's rightfully so that she gets her own statue. I wonder if she knew how much we all loved her. She's forever immortal!

And your tattoo looks great too! I have Amy's horseshoe (blue and pink too just like hers) on my leg and I want to get some lyrics and a photo of Amy on me (don't know which photo I want yet, there are so many to chose from!)

Did you write on the tree? I would have! :)

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#13 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Good stuff. Lovely photos. Where is the head stone located?

#14 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

And a picture of Sam and I. Please feel free to ignore my face hahaha

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6019[/ATTACH]

lovely pic :)

#15 oscar_lars

oscar_lars

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Your tips can concern any details which you consider as useful tips for other "palmers".

For example, I've booked a room in "Camden Lock Hotel" (and @Jade Logic are planning to do the same). It would be a nice coincidence if you was in the same hotel and can tell us something about it.
For example, also I would love to know how far from London was your airport and what ways have you used to get from it to London and back.
Frankly, I have a lot of questions, but I'm not sure that I should ask too many of them. :-)

If you have a couple of minutes, please, share your experiecne and maybe other people would like to ask you their questions too.

I'll be in london too in September 12 to 16, I have booked at the "K WEST HOTEL" near Shepherd's Bush.
:friendlywink:
For the airport to town, I am going to use the dockland light railway (DLR) because my flight lands at the LONDON CITY airport. According to the airport you can either take public transportation or bus.
Forever trusting who we are... and nothing else matters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users