Photo
- - - - -

Musicians please, choose your favourite, most difficult Amy Winehouse song to play.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

And then come chords with a barret on the 1'nd fret and with a little finger on the 5'st... %-)

V.Melnyk

#17 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Fuck i love her earlier songs, she sang in a much higher register yes???

- - - Updated - - -

Addicted seems to be in the repertoire and You Know I'm No Good, I would love to know, is this a song for Alex partly?> I believe it is, creative license? I believe he was her rock, alas the song, You Know I'm No Good, i would love to know the truth, i think Alex sniffed her out like Tanqueray? What Do You Think?

#18 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Fuck i love her earlier songs, she sang in a much higher register yes???

The melodies on BTB are generally anywhere up to an octave lower than Frank. Cherry and I Heard Love Is Blind's melodies are more in line with the pitch of tracks of BTB which I'm guessing is why they were two of the main tracks from Frank she brought back later on. Like it sounds like she struggled slightly with Stronger Than Me in that rehearsal audio that's on YouTube, and it had to be cut out of the Porchester Hall footage cause it didn't go too well apparently.
  • Soul Power likes this

#19 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yeah that's interesting, she must have been so fragile, poor darling. Her voice did change I think, I would have loved to see her live. We should all start a big band tribute to Amy, wouldn't that be mad!!!!

#20 Nineandfourteen

Nineandfourteen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

[MENTION=6751]Yousaymyname[/MENTION] Between the voice, weight, looks, behavior I still looks at frank amy and b2b amy as two different people. Not literally, but the transformation is crazy

#21 pearljo

pearljo

β™ͺβ™«β™« vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

I can't think of a particular song off hand but either way was I ever at their level? No or my phone would ring off the wall. The thing about these drummers is most can walk into a session and play any style and pick it up fast. Would my drumming be good with good time, yes. But Aimes required better than good. I think Oscar will get there.

#22 ThisGuitarCase

ThisGuitarCase

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

I've tried a few of them on guitar - LIALG, Back to Black, Rehab are all fairly straightforward to play but I've found the chords in some others a bit trickier. I Heard Love is Blind and Addicted I've essentially given up on but most of them sound good on a single acoustic.

In all honesty, it's the vocals that are (unsurprisingly) the greater challenge in most cases.....

#23 1TubeGuru

1TubeGuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Amy Winehouse's vocals and song writing were superb and totally unique. I am a big rough and tough man who is a father and a grandfather and Pipefitter by trade. I am not ashamed to admit that at times she brings me to tears with her vocals and performances. hell I didn't even cry at my dads funeral. I am sure that I am not alone in saying that Amy can melt a heart like butter.....William
  • Soul Power likes this

#24 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I've tried a few of them on guitar - LIALG, Back to Black, Rehab are all fairly straightforward to play but I've found the chords in some others a bit trickier. I Heard Love is Blind and Addicted I've essentially given up on but most of them sound good on a single acoustic.

In all honesty, it's the vocals that are (unsurprisingly) the greater challenge in most cases.....

Tinkering around on the ivories with I heard love is blind, it's a very gentle song with classic jazz chords, beautiful, her timing was very special, and it's all about finding the heart of the song. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users