1 reply to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Every now and then I run across an interview or article with a few more characters than 10000 that I would like to post. Before one of the forum upgrades, it used to be that we could split the interview/article and make the first post with 10000 (or less) characters and then reply or make a send posting with the remainder of the article/interview. The forum now tries to update (append to) the first post with the second part and this still causes a character limit error because it thinks that I'm still trying to get mere than 10000 characters into my first post. The last time I tried to post an article that had about 12000 characters, I couldn't get the second part added until a forum member so kindly replied to my first post so that I could reply to her post with the second part, which left the first part of the story sitting there with no ending for a few hours. Is there a setting that I am overlooking to tell the forum that I don't want to 'automatically' update my first post with the second, or can the character limit please be bumped up some?

Thanks, you all do such a great job with this forum :)
Uno
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention [MENTION=2280]Uno[/MENTION]! The way posts get attached to each other changed slightly in the last forum update. The maximum character limit has now been increased to 50000 so that should be more than enough to post long articles. Let us know if there are any further issues :)

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users