Mieke Verberkt

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hello ,

I really hope you can help me.

I'm Mieke and i'm from the Netherlands. I'm new here and I dunno how it all works. Well, Friday I am back in London and i have a few questions, just to visit some places Amy visited of questions no one ever could answered because it's about the private life of Amy. I hope you guys can help me.

1. Does anyone have the address of the Bow flat? She lived there with Blake?
2. Did she had a relationship with Nas or can anyone tell more about their friendship?
3. Does anyone have a picture or more info about Chris, her boyfriend when she was (I think) an 19 year old girl?
4. Does anyone know more about the lyrics? I know a lot but I mean: this song is about... you know, a clear story.
5. Who was Alex Foden? He was her drugs dealer?
6. Did Amy and Blake had contact before she died? When was the last time?
7. What were Amy's favorite pubs in Camden? I know Hawley Arms but I don't know the name of another pub..
8. Can you give more places/addresses about places of Amy? Like: videoshoots (I know where they filmed FMP) of Rehab, BTB, shops, venues, bars.. Local shops doesnt matter what it is I just want more information :)
9. Who was Blake Wood? It was a good friend, right? Like the Good Blake?
10. Where is the office of the Amy Winehouse Foundation? Can we visit it?
11. Does anyone know where Mitch Winehouse lives? I heard he got her apartment on Jeffreys Place but he got another house right? And is it right that he still got it on Jeffreys Place? The number of the house is 4 right?
12. Is her wedding dress stolen? Where did they steal it? Did they ever found it back?
13. Can anyone help me by finding this tshirt:
http://style.mtv.com...all-collection/
14. Can somebody tell me in timeline which tattoos she took and why? (the story behind it)
And does someone know anything about a tattoo in her neck before she died?
15. Does anyone know when she had her first drink and sigaret?
16. What isn't right about the stories in Mitch Book 'Amy My Daughter'?
17. Does anyone know where Amys grave is? With her grandmum? I would like to visit it. I know I am asking a lot.
18. Did she had her driving license? And did she had a car?
19. Does someone has the address of her house in Barnet, Hadley Wood?
20. Do you have inspired paints, designs of Amy? I am a graphic designer and I love designs.
21. Did Ray found her in her bed?
22. Is it already clear about her death, that she died by alcohol because the resullts werent legal or something like that?

Well I think I've got more questions but these are the first things I would like to know.
May be there are a lot of private questions but I want to know more about her. I recognize her so much, she's like a sister to me in the way she act and the way she wrote songs. That's the reason I would like to know more, not to be a stalker or something like that ;)

Thank you so much for your help.
With love from The Netherlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I dunno how to mention to people, so tell me here how it works haha

#2 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

1- Omega Works building 4 Roach Road East London in the Omega Works building 2- She liked Nas as an artist and skyped a bit but only met a few times. Most of their collaboration was done by email. 3- No info 4- I need more time to answer this one 5- He was a friend, did her hair, not a lover- can't comment on the drugs. 6- They did have contact. 7- The Good Mixer, Dublin Castle, shit- just walk into a pub in Camden.... 8- I need more time to get you this. 9 Blake W is a friend. He's on this forum 10- You can find the office for AWF but they'd prefer you didn't. So please respect them and don't. 11- The apartment was on Jeffrey's Place off Kentish Town Road 12- Not returned- but I have the same exact dress and wore it at my wedding. 13- Probably the Camden Market. It's not FP 14- I'll ask her tattooist when I see him. 15- No idea. 16- No comment 17-Edgwarebury in Edgware off the Northern Line 18- Learners permit 19- Yes. It is a private residence and a very quiet community. 20- google Amys30 and you will see tons of Amy art from Local Camden artists. 21- Andrew. 22- Alcohol poisoning

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Question #14, here's what I could come up with about her tattoos ...

Her first four tattoos ...

Betty Boop (Lower Back), she got when she was 15.

Feather (Left Arm) and the Eagle & Ankh Cross (Upper Back)
These two she already had when the did the photo shoot for her Frank CD insert booklet, so she got these sometime before Oct 2003, not sure which one came first tho ...

Lightning Bolt (Right Arm)
She talks about the first three (mentioned above) and just getting her fourth one, the Lightning Bolt done in "A Frank Interview with Amy" April 5, 2004" (sorry no link, no longer online) ...

Here's what she said in the interview ...
I got a little Betty Boop on the bottom of my back when I was 15, it's not a permanent one and will be coming off soon. I've got an eagle on my back, a feather on one arm and my new lightening on the other.
They all mean different things to me. I got Betty when I was young, carefree and cheeky.
I always wanted a bird on my back, and then my friend stole my idea and went and got a bird. So I went one better and got an eagle with an Egyptian Ankh and American flag in it.
The Ankh is because my dad, and especially my nan, have always been very steeped in Egyptian spirituality and the flag is inside it because my mum was born in Brooklyn, New York.
My feather symbolizes courage and bravery and I like the lightening because it's a rare natural phenomenon… a bit like me!

------------------

The rest of her tattoos ...

She goes into detail about the rest of her tattoos in the last part of this 'Back Stage Pass interview' ...

Blake Pocket tattoo 2005
She got in the early months of 2005, shortly after meeting Blake

In a video I have of her outside the Brits in Feb of 2005 she didn't have any upper arm or shoulder tattoos yet, so all of her upper arm tattoos appeared sometime after that ...

Cynthia & Hearts (Right Arm) 2005 (Sometime between May and July)
This one was for her grandmother 'Nan'.
There aren't very many videos or photos from this time frame. She doesn't have this tattoo as of May 15, 2005 in the park, but she does have it for the Bacardi B-Live Festival in early July 2005. The heart tattoos came later in 2006. No tattoos are on the other (her left) upper arm yet.

May 15, 2005 in the park
Posted Image

July 3, 2005 at Bacardi B-Live
Posted Image

Daddy's Girl & Horseshoe 2005 (Sometime in the last half of 2005)
This was her first tattoo on her upper left arm and it was a tribute to her Dad. In the photo below, the caption didn't have a date other than 2005, so she must have gotten this tattoo sometime between Bacardi B-Live in July and the end of the year.

Posted Image

Pinup Girl (Topless Lady) 2006 (Sometime between Feb and July)
No Topless Lady Pin Up as of Feb 13, 2006, but in the July 22, 2006 publicity photo for Back to Black the Topless Lady Pinup Girl has appeared

Feb 13, 2006
Posted Image

July 22, 2006
Posted Image

A, for Alex Claire on her left ring finger 2006
They were together for about a year until Mar 2007, knowing how fast 'Blake' ended up on her chest, I'm willing to bet that she got this soon after her and Alex got together in 2006.

Anchor & 'Hello Sailor' 2006

From an Oct 10, 2006 glastonburyofthemind.blog post. This blog post was written by Gavin Martin who wrote for the Daily Mirror and he had interview notes for an upcoming story (sorry, the link for the page doesn't work anymore) ...

He said ..
The last tattoo Amy got was an anchor accompanied with the words “hello sailor” on her stomach.

The earliest photo I could find with the Anchor tattoo is Liquid Room at T on the Fringe 2006 With Mark Ronson (Edinburgh) on Aug 8, 2006

Posted Image

Bird & Never Clip My Wings 2006
She got this one when she had an argument with Alex "I wanted to make it clear that you can’t tame me, that you can’t clip my wings." and she also talks about getting it in an interview before her Oran Mor show in Glasgow on Nov 12, 2006

From the "Untamed Melody' interview that she gave before her Oran Mor show (http://www.heraldsco...melody-1.834995) ...

"So we are home? So I can get a tattoo tomorrow."
I ask what she is planning to have done. "What am I going to get? A wild stallion or something."
Tom looks up. "Seahorse?"
"No," she says, "I want to get some creature you can't tame, or a nightingale with little musical notes coming out of it."
"Why?" I ask.
"We had a fight," she says, nodding towards her boyfriend. "Me and Alex had a fight the other night and he was like, I'm going to leave you, I'm going to leave you'. And I was like, Go on, then'.
And he did. Then the next morning I woke up alone and I thought, I need to get a tattoo symbolising what a f**king nutjob I am'."

Fan Girl tattoo 2006
She got this one on Dec 22, 2006 when she did the Authentic Sh*t (EVR) Radio show with Mark Ronson in New York at the tattoo shop next door to the studio.

The Dove tattoo was a temporary one

Edited by Uno, 26 September 2013 - 12:50 PM.

• Gus×Wino and mayday like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Those are a lot of questions Mieke! And thank you to @Uno and @BeehiveQueen for providing some answers, but I would advise you to browse the forum a bit, there is a search function you can use as well, and you'll find some discussions on a lot of the things you're asking about. Feel free to contribute to any of them!

Here are some pointers to help you out:

We have a Songs and Lyrics section in the forum, you can discuss the meaning of her lyrics there. Have a look if there are threads about the songs you're curious about.

You've already found the Amy and London thread, so you already know about some of her favourite places.

Blake Wood is a photographer and close friend of Amy's. He's got his own thread on the forum, you can see lots of pictures of him and Amy there.

There are a few threads discussing Mitch's book, here's one and here's another

We have an Artwork and Creativity section of the forum where people can post Amy related art, have a look there and feel free to post some of your own designs. A book of fan art called The Album for Amy was recently finished, here's the forum about that and here's the website.

Amy's house in Barnet was in Greenbrook Avenue. You can rent it but it's rather pricey. It's listed (with lots of pictures) on several websites, for example here, here and here if you want to live there. Best not to bother them otherwise.

To mention people on the forum, just add an @ before there name and the forum will automatically link to them, like this: @Mieke Verberkt

Have fun browsing the forum!

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#5 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

And there is one thread with weird questions as well if you have any ;)

"What am I going to get? A wild stallion or something."

Oh, I didn't know that her black bird tatoo might have been a wild stellion o-o
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#6 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

wow. This is a great thread, in itself! ;) even if I know these things its always nice to see them written and read about Amy from a fresh place.

#7 Mieke Verberkt

Mieke Verberkt

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thank you all so much! If I have more questions I will search and ask you helped me a lot :)

'I'm not a poor me kind of person at all. I wouldn't want it to be all roses, because life isn't like that.' - Amy Winehouse

#8 babymermaid

babymermaid

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

2 questions :
1: When was the first time when she began to wore her David star necklace? (She used to have other necklaces before like a lioness, names ..)
2 : When did she make the transition to the beehive 2.0? And how can we name that hairstyle if it's just a ponytail ?Or was she still using a piece?

#9 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

Amy wore her Star of David necklace since she was a baby and it was given to her as a gift. Her Mom has and wears it now and has said it still shows the tooth marks where Amy had chewed on it when she was young.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#10 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

Question #14, here's what I could come up with about her tattoos ...

Her first four tattoos ...

Betty Boop (Lower Back), she got when she was 15.

Feather (Left Arm) and the Eagle & Ankh Cross (Upper Back)
These two she already had when the did the photo shoot for her Frank CD insert booklet, so she got these sometime before Oct 2003, not sure which one came first tho ...

Lightning Bolt (Right Arm)
She talks about the first three (mentioned above) and just getting her fourth one, the Lightning Bolt done in "A Frank Interview with Amy" April 5, 2004" (sorry no link, no longer online) ...

Here's what she said in the interview ...
I got a little Betty Boop on the bottom of my back when I was 15, it's not a permanent one and will be coming off soon. I've got an eagle on my back, a feather on one arm and my new lightening on the other.
They all mean different things to me. I got Betty when I was young, carefree and cheeky.
I always wanted a bird on my back, and then my friend stole my idea and went and got a bird. So I went one better and got an eagle with an Egyptian Ankh and American flag in it.
The Ankh is because my dad, and especially my nan, have always been very steeped in Egyptian spirituality and the flag is inside it because my mum was born in Brooklyn, New York.
My feather symbolizes courage and bravery and I like the lightening because it's a rare natural phenomenon… a bit like me!

------------------

The rest of her tattoos ...

She goes into detail about the rest of her tattoos in the last part of this 'Back Stage Pass interview' ...

Blake Pocket tattoo 2005
She got in the early months of 2005, shortly after meeting Blake

In a video I have of her outside the Brits in Feb of 2005 she didn't have any upper arm or shoulder tattoos yet, so all of her upper arm tattoos appeared sometime after that ...

Cynthia & Hearts (Right Arm) 2005 (Sometime between May and July)
This one was for her grandmother 'Nan'.
There aren't very many videos or photos from this time frame. She doesn't have this tattoo as of May 15, 2005 in the park, but she does have it for the Bacardi B-Live Festival in early July 2005. The heart tattoos came later in 2006. No tattoos are on the other (her left) upper arm yet.

May 15, 2005 in the park
ic_2328436.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJZ4FTL

July 3, 2005 at Bacardi B-Live
jqjkes.jpg

Daddy's Girl & Horseshoe 2005 (Sometime in the last half of 2005)
This was her first tattoo on her upper left arm and it was a tribute to her Dad. In the photo below, the caption didn't have a date other than 2005, so she must have gotten this tattoo sometime between Bacardi B-Live in July and the end of the year.

amy-janis-01.jpg

Pinup Girl (Topless Lady) 2006 (Sometime between Feb and July)
No Topless Lady Pin Up as of Feb 13, 2006, but in the July 22, 2006 publicity photo for Back to Black the Topless Lady Pinup Girl has appeared

Feb 13, 2006
75549722-amy-winehouse-gettyimages.jpg?v

July 22, 2006
wenn_7185664.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJZ4F

A, for Alex Claire on her left ring finger 2006
They were together for about a year until Mar 2007, knowing how fast 'Blake' ended up on her chest, I'm willing to bet that she got this soon after her and Alex got together in 2006.

Anchor & 'Hello Sailor' 2006

From an Oct 10, 2006 glastonburyofthemind.blog post. This blog post was written by Gavin Martin who wrote for the Daily Mirror and he had interview notes for an upcoming story (sorry, the link for the page doesn't work anymore) ...

He said ..
The last tattoo Amy got was an anchor accompanied with the words “hello sailor” on her stomach.

The earliest photo I could find with the Anchor tattoo is Liquid Room at T on the Fringe 2006 With Mark Ronson (Edinburgh) on Aug 8, 2006

ae06sp.jpg

Bird & Never Clip My Wings 2006
She got this one when she had an argument with Alex "I wanted to make it clear that you can’t tame me, that you can’t clip my wings." and she also talks about getting it in an interview before her Oran Mor show in Glasgow on Nov 12, 2006

From the "Untamed Melody' interview that she gave before her Oran Mor show (http://www.heraldsco...melody-1.834995) ...

"So we are home? So I can get a tattoo tomorrow."
I ask what she is planning to have done. "What am I going to get? A wild stallion or something."
Tom looks up. "Seahorse?"
"No," she says, "I want to get some creature you can't tame, or a nightingale with little musical notes coming out of it."
"Why?" I ask.
"We had a fight," she says, nodding towards her boyfriend. "Me and Alex had a fight the other night and he was like, I'm going to leave you, I'm going to leave you'. And I was like, Go on, then'.
And he did. Then the next morning I woke up alone and I thought, I need to get a tattoo symbolising what a f**king nutjob I am'."

Fan Girl tattoo 2006
She got this one on Dec 22, 2006 when she did the Authentic Sh*t (EVR) Radio show with Mark Ronson in New York at the tattoo shop next door to the studio.

The Dove tattoo was a temporary one

She looks SO good with no tattoos. I love it. I prefer her without them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy winehouse, camden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users