12 replies to this topic

#1 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

i ended up on a weird part of youtube today :disgust: ... and found this video analyzing amys body language.
i watched this interview many years ago, and i thought well, amy just didnt want to be there and seemed annoyed but she was as always, a genuine person, trying to answer questions from her heart.

body language analysis vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BUWAuQ9sJ8

original interview:

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#2 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

This interview is so awkward, she was obviously over it. I can be like that sometimes, I don't mean to be rude, but I can't fake it, you know? This is why we love Amy innit? (There's my knowledge of England for yas)

#3 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

that body lang thing.what a load of rubbish! I think amy handled that interview pretty well.

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

It was a bad interview. She was clearly uneasy with them turining the interview onto the subject of her drinking and all the media attention, and she was uneasy. The interviewer (woman) should've noticed and stopped going on, that's why the guy at the end chimed in and said that Amy was talented, he was trying to passify her.
I don't think the body language is complete bullshit, although I don't agree with all of it. But it doesn't take an expert to see that Amy is pissed off and shuts down.

#5 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

She was great in the beginning but I never understood why she was so rude about that question, like you sing about drinking a lot what's so wrong with people asking about it.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#6 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well you can understand why it's a touchy subject, even if she did make a poppy song about a serious problem, it doesn't take away raw pain.
If someone writes a song about rape, you wouldn't feel comfortable bringing it up every interview.

I think Amy was quite baffled that her being frank in her songs would backfire. I don't think she ever estimated how much her private life would become public property, and have it thrown back in your face.
At this time in her life, she probably still thought she was just having a little bit of fun, like many people her age living in London who drink and take drugs...the difference being they don't end up in the tabloids the next morning. She probably couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

#7 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well you can understand why it's a touchy subject, even if she did make a poppy song about a serious problem, it doesn't take away raw pain.
If someone writes a song about rape, you wouldn't feel comfortable bringing it up every interview.

I think Amy was quite baffled that her being frank in her songs would backfire. I don't think she ever estimated how much her private life would become public property, and have it thrown back in your face.
At this time in her life, she probably still thought she was just having a little bit of fun, like many people her age living in London who drink and take drugs...the difference being they don't end up in the tabloids the next morning. She probably couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

That comparison is actually baffling.
I don't think she was that naive or dumb, she was very intelligent and conscious about how the business works, she worked for a tabloid ffs. She spoke about drinking a lot in interviews constantly so why did she get so pissed off there? Really weird.

#8 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think she got pissed off because they are personal questions.
She first retreats into herself when asked about how she deals with all the media attention. It's clear that Amy struggled with her fame, what was she meant to answer?: "oh, I deal with it by numbing myself with heroin, crack, booze, anything"...

#9 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think she got pissed off because they are personal questions.
She first retreats into herself when asked about how she deals with all the media attention. It's clear that Amy struggled with her fame, what was she meant to answer?: "oh, I deal with it by numbing myself with heroin, crack, booze, anything"...

She choose to make her personal life public though. I mean, where's the line? She never spoke exclusively about her music in most of her interviews, she put her life into lyrics and spoke about alcohol/weed pretty often which is why I think her reaction to such a mundane question was unwarranted. Obviously she found the girl annoying from the start.

#10 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Obviously she found the girl annoying from the start.

I agree, you can tell from the minute she walks in and sees her that she's not going to get along with her. I don't think she has any respect for her.

#11 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

I agree, you can tell from the minute she walks in and sees her that she's not going to get along with her. I don't think she has any respect for her.

I felt bad for her since she was a big fan apparently. Anyway, not the best interview lol

#12 1TubeGuru

1TubeGuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Amy maintained her dignity and held her own during the interview, She was real and genuine in a entertainment world full of plastic people. she dripped true talent and the MTV crew were just hangers on.

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

i found this video today, my apologies if it has been posted before.. this is amys performance for MTV, and the missing songs are also on simasf channel. have a great day !

youtube.comsimasf

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users