88 replies to this topic

#1 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Um, so I was searching other shit on the internet, and came across this: http://www.apexpubli...ls.aspx?Num=384

I had no idea Georgette had written a book. The cover is just so...sensational. WTF.
Has anyone read it?

#2 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Attached File  1620733_3918795264434_1812814029_n.jpg   17.32KB   14 downloads

:-)
  • ivycherrywine likes this

#3 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I guess it was only a matter of time...

haven't read it, it's not been released yet - it says on that site it'll be out on 7 march.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

oh thanks Cecelia, I hadn't even bothered to read the site to be honest, I was too mesmerized by that book cover o_O

Yeah it was only a matter of time. I seem to remember her saying she was going to write a book about the struggles of being the mother of an addict, and according to the book title (Letting Blake Go - What Really Happened Between Blake Fielder Civil and Amy Winehouse), that's Exactly. What. She. Did. :disgust:

#5 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm actually surprised she hasn't been in the tabloids about it yet, what with the book coming out next week. There hasn't been any promotion of the book that I've seen so far. Maybe that awaits us when it's released...

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this synopsis on the website of co-author John F. McDonald:

LETTING BLAKE GO

“Letting Blake Go” is a memoir or exposé, rather than a full biography, per se, covering the period from 2006 (and before) to the present day. The voice in the book is Georgette’s, telling her side of the Blake Fielder-Civil / Amy Winehouse story, and how it has affected her as a mother, a wife and a human being.

The book consists of hitherto unknown facts about Georgette’s relationship with Blake, Amy, Mitch Winehouse and other people who have had a role to play in the saga that has unfolded itself very publicly.

Blake’s early life with his natural father is also commented on, including experiences which may have contributed to his drug addiction.

The book begins with Amy’s death in 2011, while Blake was in prison. The phone call to Georgette, telling her about Amy’s death, reminded her of another devastating phone call, four years earlier – a call that was to change Georgette’s life irrevocably. That call, from Amy, brought news of Blake’s arrest on conspiracy charges – charges that were to send him to prison for two and a half years, without remission, because he insisted on shouldering the blame for everyone concerned.

Eventually, that call would culminate in driving Georgette to despair and, to get some respite and be able to sleep at night, reduce her to planning the suicide of herself and her three sons. That suicide pact was eventually abandoned by Georgette, mainly due to Blake’s unshakable support for his mother and his determined optimism in the face of impossible odds.

“Letting Blake Go” tells about Georgette’s encounters with drug-dealers, it reveals who was supplying Blake and Amy with heroin and crack cocaine, who was supplying Amy while Blake was in prison and the full truth about the conspiracy charges.

Blake’s trial and incarceration were deeply traumatic for Georgette – his time in Pentonville, including covert visits from Amy, where his drug habit was fuelled – his transfer to LifeWorks in Surrey, where he was victimised and from where Georgette helped him to abscond – his return to Pentonville, where he spent three months in solitary confinement – his transfer to Edmunds Hill and eventual move to Sheffield.

Georgette tells how Blake obtained drugs while he was in prison and explains, but does not try to justify, how and why she and Amy played their part in that process. She also writes about her pain and humiliation at the hands of the tabloids and the residents of Claypole, Newark, the village where she lived, and her eventual breakup with her husband, Giles Civil.

The book illustrates the lasting effects these experiences have had on Georgette, on Blake, and on the other members of the Civil family and how, even with Blake’s release and her new-found psychic “life” of angels and the spirit-world, Georgette’s nightmare still wasn’t over. Blake and Amy got together again after his release, but the self-destruct buttons were still being pushed. Blake eventually ended up back in prison having been convicted of burglary and firearms charges and Amy’s career and personal life spiralled downwards, with drunken appearances on stage and cancelled concerts.

The book ends where it began, with Amy’s death and the uncertainty of Blake’s future. Will he eventually follow the love of his life to an early grave? Georgette thinks this is a definite possibility.

As well as a book for all Amy Winehouse fans throughout the world, the book is must reading for mothers of drug-addicted siblings, everywhere.

“Letting Blake Go” will include previously unpublished letters from Amy to Blake and Georgette and photographs and other personal material previously unseen.

Georgette has already been interviewed by national newspapers and magazines about the book and further interviews with national television have been scheduled.

http://www.johnfmcdo...tting-blake-go/

So the tabloid and TV appearances are yet to come as suspected...

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#6 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Edited to clean up my mess, I just repeated what [MENTION=1624]Cecilia[/MENTION] posted above
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#7 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

^beat you to it [MENTION=2280]Uno[/MENTION] ;)

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#8 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

I knew she'd be publishing letters from Amy sent to Blake while in prison, she's always talking about them damn letters! Why she even owns them is beyond me, those are very personal, I would hate for my mother to own my love letters...let alone share them to the rest of the world!

Can't wait for the media frenzy around the promotion of this book!

#9 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

The only comment I can do it is that I won't read her book ..Simply because I don't want to.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'm just surprised it took so long, and no doubt Blake will be next. Tacky.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#11 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

I'm not so sure about Blake coming out with his own book. I wonder what part he has to play in his mother's book, or whether he approves.

#12 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

I am Not surprised .. But I thought it would be Blake who would write the book first ..
Lets see what happens after it comes out..
I am sure Mitch is not happy about it ..

#13 1TubeGuru

1TubeGuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

My personal take on Georgette Civil's book is that it always disgusted me when hangers on profited from Amy's talent and stardom while she was alive. i still feel exactly the same way today. it upsets me very much....William

#14 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

No dignity, unbelievable. She's just cashing in because Blake refuses to (so far). She's a fn mole.

I'm sure the Winehouse family will take legal action. Hopefully she will get sued.

#15 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Georgette is entitled to write a book about whatever she wants.
Truth is she has an addict son and other parents could possibly relate to it.
It just so happens her son was married to Amy and that makes it national interest.
Anything to shed light on addiction and assistance into recovery is something I'm into.

Knowing everybody involved I can tell you NOBODY is perfect.
I think Georgette has done a fine job in recent years setting serious boundaries with Blake.
I am not very optimistic for Blake's future but I pray he finds the help he needs....

I would definitely read this book. If it's about Amy I generally want to know about it.

I can't comment on how Mitch feels about this because I simply haven't asked him. I doubt he wants much to do with her nowadays but has obviously put out an olive branch to Blake....who really needs it.

Thinks some good thoughts on those who were left behind.
Let's not make assumptions and just wish them all well---some of them are only beginning to grieve.
  • GoddessAmy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users