#1 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

https://www.google.c...,-0.1408325,16z

I understand Amy didn't drive and often walked to some of her favorite places in Camden, at at least in the early days before she attracted too much attention.  I've never been to Camden, but the walk from her flats on Prowse Place or Jeffries St.  to the Hawley Arms seems pretty easy. Would she likely have walked to the Roundhouse? How about some of her other Camden haunts? 

• melnyk and kajvnnickdnj15 like this
"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

https://www.google.c...,-0.1408325,16z

I understand Amy didn't drive and often walked to some of her favorite places in Camden, at at least in the early days before she attracted too much attention.  I've never been to Camden, but the walk from her flats on Prowse Place or Jeffries St.  to the Hawley Arms seems pretty easy. Would she likely have walked to the Roundhouse? How about some of her other Camden haunts? 

I'm thinking that she might have been heading to the Roundhouse to join Paul Weller for the Proms in these photos ....

8xn4mp.jpg

w0rfcz.jpg

xbbzpi.jpg

• LaPeep, Johanna, SteveV and 2 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

I spent a month living on Jeffrey's Place and I can verify she walked to the local Sainsbury's, pubs, restaurants, etc...
It was during a period from 2006-2009 that the paparazzi were hounding her so much she needed to call for mini cabs to pick her up just to go to the off licence for a pack of smokes.

There was an injunction started late 2009 that barred all paparazzi from being about 200 feet from her residence, her and her family so you may find there aren't a ton of videos/photos from that time unless they were taken from quite a distance or personal photos of hers.

Camden is really quite small so there never would've been a reason for her to do anything other than walk.

Lots of businesses remember her- a local deli/takeaway place made mention of her when I popped in for breakfast.

I believe she was still taking the tube and things to gigs in London until the press jumped up her ass. (figuratively speaking of course)

• SteveV and melnyk like this

#4 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'm thinking that she might have been heading to the Roundhouse to join Paul Weller for the Proms in these photos ....

8xn4mp.jpg

w0rfcz.jpg

xbbzpi.jpg

Amy doesn't look happy. I think it's the photographer that's pissing her off.  It looks like she's wearing that red blouse that she wore at the Roundhouse in a YT video which claimed to be the performance that Russell Brand commented on in his memorial to Amy.

I've been using Google Earth ground views to try to trace Amy's routes around town, but I admit I get lost frequently. 

• Love is a losing game likes this

#5 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

I spent a month living on Jeffrey's Place and I can verify she walked to the local Sainsbury's, pubs, restaurants, etc...
It was during a period from 2006-2009 that the paparazzi were hounding her so much she needed to call for mini cabs to pick her up just to go to the off licence for a pack of smokes.

There was an injunction started late 2009 that barred all paparazzi from being about 200 feet from her residence, her and her family so you may find there aren't a ton of videos/photos from that time unless they were taken from quite a distance or personal photos of hers.

Camden is really quite small so there never would've been a reason for her to do anything other than walk.

Lots of businesses remember her- a local deli/takeaway place made mention of her when I popped in for breakfast.

I believe she was still taking the tube and things to gigs in London until the press jumped up her ass. (figuratively speaking of course)

You're so lucky.  The last time I was in London,  Amy  was not yet famous.  I didn't visit the Camden area.   I didn't really discover  her until she passed.  I regret that I'll never see her on the streets of Camden.  All i can do is visit the places she frequented when she was with us.

• LaPeep, SteveV and BeehiveQueen like this

#6 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

There is not a whole lot that has changed in Camden since she's passed away other than she isn't there.
She isn't going to her favorite restaurants, chippies and off licences since she's been gone.
There are a lot of t shirts with her on them for sale in the markets...to be expected.

There is a lot of Amy tribute graffiti art throughout Camden.

I'm trying to think of some stuff you could look up on google maps.

Prowse Place to Guanabana or Pats News on Kentish Town Road...quite literally around the corner from her house.
Prowse Place down Kentish Town Road to Mango Shack, turn right onto Parkway to Jazz Café, Jamon Jamon or the Dublin Castle.
Prowse Place to Hawley Road and around the corner to The Hawley Arms
off the high street to the Good Mixer (better street view from Arlington Road)

For those who haven't been to Camden or spent much time there.....a back entrance exists on Kentish Town Road that anybody can go in, walk through the markets and exit at the high street...turn left for Good Mixer or turn right for the Hawley and other little places up the road.

It's about the a 4 minute walk from Prowse/Jeffrey's Place to Sainsbury's where most people will giggle when they talk about her shopping there.

Her dad always makes mention of her loving Mango Shack for food and American Apparel for clothing. Both of which were walking distance from the house.
If anybody puts up any photos that have a bit of a visible background to them I can ID the location and fill you in on them.

There are a lot of videos where you can see her walking down Chalk Farm Road right outside of the gas station at Morrison's.

• SteveV, melnyk and Pernell like this

#7 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

I'm still getting acquainted with google maps...since it's being revised constantly. I will try and make a map with pin points to little places she would frequent around Camden.
It's small---really small. It feels big cause there are a lot of people there on the weekends---especially near the tube where the Worlds End pub is. People come from all over London to drink/ hang out in Camden.

I have a few video tours I made and have up on my facebook about where she lived and how freaking close they all were to each other.

You could make it from her Prowse Place to Jeffrey's Place in 30 seconds...if you walked really slow. I can tell you first hand the neighborhood is not crawling with junkies and dealers...Maybe near the pubs and market but her home was in a quiet conservation area.

The place in Camden Square is about a 10-15 minute walk from her old flats. It's a very lovely upscale neighborhood--very quiet. There really isn't much to do there unless you walked back into Camden or towards Upper Holloway. There are a few cafes. offices, and groceries in the vicinity.

• SteveV and melnyk like this

#8 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

"I'm still getting acquainted with google maps...since it's being revised constantly. I will try and make a map with pin points to little places she would frequent around Camden.
It's small---really small. It feels big cause there are a lot of people there on the weekends---especially near the tube where the Worlds End pub is. People come from all over London to drink/ hang out in Camden. ……………………"

I'm trying to guess how Amy would walk to various locations . I don't  know  the neighborhood, but using Google Earth, Kentish Town road  is right there at the west end of Jeffries .  Quinn's is just up Kentish Town, but I'm not aware that is one of Amy's places.  I'm thinking she would've crossed Kentish Town and walked west  on Hawley Road to where it joins Castlehaven, and then south on Castlehaven to the Hawley Arms.  If she keeps going I think  she comes to Chalk Farm.  From there, she could get to the Roundhouse by walking west  on Chalk Farm but it seems like a long walk.  Russell Brand talks about her walking with friends along Chalk Farm. 

I am obviously just guessing. I'm not sure these are the best routes.  The walk along Castlehaven north of the Hawley Arms goes through  some underpasses and may not be all that safe.  What do think Beehive Queen?   

https://www.google.c...9b934203c885a5d

#9 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

That sounds about right to off the top of my head Steve. It might seem like a long walk on the map, but it really isn't that far at all. Like BeehiveQueen said, Camden is pretty small. I've never felt unsafe anywhere around there myself, so I wouldn't think that's an issue. Speaking of which I'll be there tomorrow, I will be thinking of Amy and all of you guys!

• LaPeep and SteveV like this

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#10 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

This performance of "Don't Go To Strangers" with Paul Weller at the Roundhouse is the one that Amy may have been walking to (or maybe from)  when photographed, as shown in Uno's post 2 in this thread. The blouse, black pants and hair hair seem to match. In other YT appearances with Weller, she's wearing different outfits and her hair is different.

The actual performance starts at 3:00 if you don't want to re-read Russell Brand's memorial.

• Love is a losing game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users