23 replies to this topic

#16 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Live performances are another issue, but the BBC + radio shows listed by Uno certainly don't have sound quality problems...so let's hear them!

• pearljo, King Marty and larahd4 like this

#17 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

All of the audio on the 'Amy Winehouse at the BBC' was stuff that they recorded to air on their shows over the years. They included 'Stronger Than Me' from her 2003 Hub session with the James Taylor Quartet on their BBC Radio 6 '10 Year Anniversary CD' a couple of years ago, Dermot O'Leary has her stuff on his CD, and Gilles Peterson on his. All of that sounded great on the CDs that they put out. I don't see why anything else that they have would sound any different. As far as the interviews go, I would think that most of them would be really good since the interviewers were also music buffs that spoke her language, as opposed to the press interviews where they would just ask her stupid shit and she would just shut down and give her usual script of canned answers of 'I dunno', 'I suppose so', and 'I'm just a lucky girl'. Personally, I would love to hear everything that she has done for the BBC, all the way down to the last non "eloquent" burp.

• HelloSailor, Love is a losing game and larahd4 like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#18 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

I suppose what I meant to say was the music does exist but it won't be released.
  • larahd4 likes this

#19 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

Now where talking guys, It seems we have woken up. Anyway, Mitch and others are aware of what we think and I dare say, they drop in from time to time and read ALL THIS, that's the reason why I started this thread. So Look, your talking about BBC shit and stuff but what about all the studio stuff they have? Mitch says, no more new music, but I say...more new music, and NOW. Come on, what's wrong with you man????

• Love is a losing game and larahd4 like this

#20 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

I would love to have all the songs available on the net released onto an album. Like I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus, Long Day, Beat the Point to Death, Sentimental Journey, A'int Nobody's Business if I Do, and any other covers Amy did. After all, so many of the artists from the great era of music really only did covers, and I think Amy paid tribute to some great songs in her career. There's so many gem live video versions out there for example: Broken Boulevard of Dreams, Stagger Lee (obviously these might not be good enough for release) and also that French session where she did I Love you More Than You'll Ever Know....there is so much out there. Please release! 

• pearljo, Sassy, YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe and 1 other like this

#21 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:06 AM

At this point, to think about studio recordings is being kinda narrow minded knowing Amy has done so many gigs like there are so many acoustic sessions out there just to start with. Only counting the acoustic sessions they could release 10 albums, easily. Plus, I totally agree with Uno. There is info on all these rare sessions that the existence of them is undeniable. On the other hand, the interviews are priceless, those interviews when she talked about music, she was such a music geek, such a music nerd, I feel real pleasure to listen to her talking about music, I can listen to her talking for hours! So I can't believe we are still waiting for them to surface in the era of the internet when this things should be easier to work out and do. And I don't mean that they should leaked illegaly but someone can start working on this, dealing with it, (as you already said and I agree) for the Foundation, not for the hungry fans but for the Foundation and the legacy of hers. New recordings would raise up her figure in contrast to the negative image the press created and the tragic death that is still around us.

• Uno, YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe, Yousaymyname and 2 others like this

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#22 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Yes Bogart. Where is it? 

• larahd4 likes this

#23 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

Truth is she didn't play that many shows in her short career. Under 100 which isn't very many. All of them were recorded though.

• larahd4 likes this

#24 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

Yes Bogart. Where is it? 

Sorry i don't understand what you are referring to... where is what?

• larahd4 likes this

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users