3 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

I wonder how long it'll take Mitch to pull the rug out from under this one ...

Translated from French ...

Amy Winehouse: A biopic is in preparation

A film will focus on the tragic singer died July 23, 2011. Like its predecessor the "27 Club" performer scored the music world while leaving ours at the age of 27

Generally short life and meteoric career members of the "27 Club" (name given to influential artists of rock and blues died at age 27) are the subject of film adaptations. Last on the list of these artists, the late Amy Winehouse died July 23, 2011 and whose life will be the subject of a biopic. According to The Express, it is currently being written. If the writer is unknown for the moment, we know that the film should be funded by Thomas Langmann, producer of The Artist. It is also unclear what actress could be considered to interpret the author of Back to Black.

Among the films narrating the eventful life of other musical legends members of the "27 Club" include All Is by My Side of Jimi Hendrix, the rock legend who died in 1970, The Rose on the tragic fate of "Pearl "rebellious Janis Joplin. Kurt Cobain, meanwhile, drew attention and camera Gus Van Sant who was inspired by the suicide of singer Nirvana in 1994 to realize, almost 10 years later, drama Last Days.

http://www.lefigaro....preparation.php

• melnyk likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Did Mitch disallow others/

"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

Did Mitch disallow others/

There has been talk about biopics, but I don't think anyone has actually attempted to do one as of yet.

Mitch has voiced his opinion about a biopic on a few different occasions, here's one of the times ...

Amy Winehouse father Mitch won't allow Hollywood biopic of his daughter's life

Nov 21, 2013 13:35
By Lydia Smith

The father of the late singer/songwriter revealed that he would never allow a Hollywood film about his daughter to be made

http://www.mirror.co...ch-wont-2816171

The family also stopped a play about Amy that was going into production in Denmark a few years ago too.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:55 PM

He very well knows what it means not to protect her image and interests, all these film and music people will concentrate on the most scandalous part of her life. Now, when you want to promote a charity or foundation that's the last thing you want....bad PR. Its believed that the few tracks they have all concentrate on drug use and could be seen to glamour its use...never going to put them out. Mitch can sometimes really get on my tits with his over bearing control but, when you take a step back and think about it, he's just doing what he believes is in the best interests for Amy and the foundation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users