Photo
- - - - -

"Stronger Than Me" at Porchester Hall (2007)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

This was sure a surprise!

• Sassy, Gus×Wino, Birdieava and 7 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

A true gem! Thank you so much!

V.Melnyk

#3 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Ahhhh, I've been looking for this for years, thank you so much! Where did it surface from in the end?

#4 amy_addicted

amy_addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

Although she forgot her lyrics, it was fucking awesome.

• Mizzwanned likes this

#5 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

Yes yes yes! I have been waiting for footage of her singing Stronger Than Me in the B2B era for ever!

#6 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

You could always tell when she was bored of the old songs... (ie Dubai, Belgrade)

It's still awesome to see though. The audio of her rehearsing STM in 2006 is still my favourite, she forgot some of the words but she totally nailed it. She definitely made became much more direct and gutsy in her style in the BtB era.

#7 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

Does anybody have an idea on what it has been cut out? Just because she floundered a couple of times?

We unconditionally love her performing even with all these small "stumbles". :)

V.Melnyk

#8 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

Sadly this is not included on the I told you I was trouble Blue Ray (in case you didn't know the porcester hall gig is included as a bonus in the blue ray version)
  • Gus×Wino likes this
Amy flies in paradise

#9 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:08 PM

Does anybody have an idea on what it has been cut out? Just because she floundered a couple of times?

We unconditionally love her performing even with all these small "stumbles". :)

I can remember reading an old post (i think it might have been on here, not 100%) from someone who was there who said at the time she messed up the lyrics and they didn't think it would make the cut and it didn't. I think it was a combination of the flubbing the words and, though Porchester Hall wasn't her finest hour, it's especially obvious how drunk she is in this one and not her best vocal. So I guess they didn't want it broadcasting on BBC One.

• Birdieava and amy_addicted like this

#10 amy_addicted

amy_addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:56 AM

I can remember reading an old post (i think it might have been on here, not 100%) from someone who was there who said at the time she messed up the lyrics and they didn't think it would make the cut and it didn't. I think it was a combination of the flubbing the words and, though Porchester Hall wasn't her finest hour, it's especially obvious how drunk she is in this one and not her best vocal. So I guess they didn't want it broadcasting on BBC One.

I agree with you, Porchester Hall wasn't her finest hour and she was not singing in the best way this song... But I think this performance still remains a treasure for the real fans. :)

• Birdieava and inwinoveritas like this

#11 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

I've always wondered why they chose the Prochester Hall gig for the BBC DVD. There are so many gigs they could have used/ bought the rights for. Why choose that one where she wasn't at her best?
  • inwinoveritas and amy_addicted like this

#12 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

I don't want to argue about that, but I love the Porchester Hall performance. I listen to this recording pretty often and, to be honest, I never expected that someone would say that it wasn't one of her best performances ever.

Well, just my humble opinion... :)

V.Melnyk

#13 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

I wonder why this particular concert had so many Frank songs... (Know you Now, I heard Love is Blind, Stronger than Me, Take the Box). Why then?

• inwinoveritas and melnyk like this

#14 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

I noticed that she also performed Take The Box at Liverpool's Carling Academy

#15 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

yeah, i also read that somwhere hhere. It was also said, that she screwed up Love is a losing game a bit: So, i get, why they removed it (though she also forgot a line from Rehab, or maybe, she was only late, idk), but why did they alo remove wake up alone?? The strange thing is, that they do as if these 3 performances didn't even exist, though some parts of her performance were shown in the Love is a losing Game video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users