Photo
- - - - -

Lyric annotations by Darcus Beese (Co-President of Island Records)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LisaliciA

LisaliciA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Darcus Beese (Co-President of Island Records) has annotated several of Amy's songs on RapGenius. For a complete overview, see: http://genius.com/DarcusBeese

Some quotes:

"When I first met Amy she was sitting on the floor surrounded by a lot of photocopies of her tattoos. I remember thinking “That’s Amy. That has to be Amy.” I introduced myself and told her I was from the record company. She could not have given a damn. Nothing ever phased her. Amy never wanted to do this to be famous. It was never about fame. It was never about a record deal. When you find people like that, that’s when you know you’ve got something better. It was always about pureness."

"The song was initially called “Fuckery.” I remember saying to Amy and Salaam, “You can’t call this song ‘Fuckery'.” Salaam was more of the grown up of the two but Amy was like, “Well, why can’t I?”"

"Later on Amy sent me the track list for Back to Black and I called her and said “There’s only ten songs on here??” She said “I’ve written the record, it’s 10 tracks, that’s what it is. Now fuck off.” Amy always knew what it was."

• Tara, Sassy, Birdieava and 6 others like this

#2 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

Tony Bennett SAID MY NAME

• Moderators
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIm Usonian!

Posted 20 February 2024 - 12:40 PM

ive always wondered who he was and why he was annotating her lyrics

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home. - AJW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users