Photo
- - - - -

What do you think happened the night Amy died?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

the question i'm trying to ask here is what actually happened to her? i'm not old enough to drink nor intend to do ever  but some of you guys on here may have so is drinking too much on a night something that can usually happen or does a situation or event trigger that kind of drinking? 

we all have heard mitch say amy was very happy in the last days of her life, so why do you think she drank herself to death? obviously we can only assume but you guys are the internets biggest amy fans and some of you have followed her for close to a decade, you guys know her more than anyone besides friends/family so what do you think bothered her the night she passed? was she missing blake? or do you think it was accidental where she was intending to only have a couple of shots and ended up drinking herself to death..

this is a question i've always wondered and was hoping the movie would touch upon it but i guess its something we'll never know, we can only assume so what do you guys think?

i dont think its suicide or because of the belgrade concert, she loved the people around her too much and was never selfish enough to put them in that grieving stage. i think she just had one of those nights and it uncontrollably got out of control.

• amyinourhearts likes this

#2 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:44 AM

If you see her last pic, you can realize she was very unhappy.

Her last pic here: http://www.rexfeatures.com/set/1389188

I am sure Belgrade deppresed her. Just imagine being a singer and have a disastrous perfomance like Belgrade was, in front of thousand of people and whose videos was seen by MILLIONS on youtube, the embarrassment  Amy was feeling. What is more, she was looking videos of herself on Youtube according to her bodyguard.

I dont know, maybe she was looking the videos of Belgrade and people (I remember) was so rude with her! I remember everyone was wishing her death i am not joking! Poor girl!

Also, she didnt tweet anything since FEBRUARY, and then she tweet the day before she died "oink oink oinka why you awake". Don't forget her last SMS to Kristian Marrs, in wich she was saying goodbye in a way.

Poor girl, Belgrade destroyed her, i am sure.

So yeah, I personally think it was a suicide. I know it is hard to assimilate (and breaks my heart), but I can arrive to that conclussion because of these evidences.Remember her doctor advise her in June she could died! -> http://www.standard....ie-6406893.html

Also, she did Skype with an Spanish fan on 22nd July and this fan told me Amy didn't put the web cam! just mic! mmm that's strange.

In the film, Juliette says Amy APOLOGIZE on her last days. (I haven't seen the film yet, but a friend told me so)

I've been a fan since 2006. God bless her and kisses from Argentina! (hope my English is clear) and BTW I hope i have not offended anyone.

• MrsBrownEyes and BSquared like this

#3 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:12 AM

If you see her last pic, you can realize she was very unhappy.

Her last pic here: http://www.rexfeatures.com/set/1389188

I am sure Belgrade deppresed her. Just imagine being a singer and have a disastrous perfomance like Belgrade was, in front of thousand of people and whose videos was seen by MILLION OF people on youtube. What is more, she was looking videos of herself on Youtube according to her bodyguard.

I dont know, maybe she was looking the videos of Belgrade and people (I remember) was so rude with her! I remember everyone was wishing her death i am not joking! Poor girl!

Also, she didnt tweet anything since FEBRUARY, and then she tweet the day before she died "oink oink oinka why you awake". Don't forget her last SMS to Kristian Marrs, in wich she was saying goodbye in a way.

Poor girl, Belgrade destroyed her, i am sure.

So yeah, I personally think it was a suicide. I know it is hard to assimilate (and breaks my heart), but I can arrive to that conclussion because of these evidences.Remember her doctor advise her in June she could died! -> http://www.standard....ie-6406893.html

Also, she did Skype with an Spanish fan on 22nd July and this fan told me Amy didn't put the web cam! just mic! mmm that's strange.

In the film, Juliette says Amy APOLOGIZE on her last days. (I haven't seen the film yet, but a friend told me so)

I've been a fan since 2006. God bless her and kisses from Argentina! (hope my English is clear) and BTW I hope i have not offended anyone.

interesting, and thanks for the links aswell i've never seen that picture of her with the fan, i always thought the last picture of her was when she was outside in her grey jeans you made some interesting points regarding belgrade and youtube and thats exactly what i made this thread, to get a discussion going with the biggest amy fans on the net on what happened on that fateful night. lets not forget though, by suicide she would've chose to drink herself to death.. i still have a hard time believing that.

#4 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

interesting, and thanks for the links aswell i've never seen that picture of her with the fan, i always thought the last picture of her was when she was outside in her grey jeans you made some interesting points regarding belgrade and youtube and thats exactly what i made this thread, to get a discussion going with the biggest amy fans on the net on what happened on that fateful night. lets not forget though, by suicide she would've chose to drink herself to death.. i still have a hard time believing that.

That pics you mean were taken on 12th July.

Obviously, she wasn't happy. So it might be depression (suicide) or accidental death. Sadly, I maintain the former. She was advided she could die the month before  :(

#5 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

I don't think suicide can be assumed, especially when the specific cause of death was drinking. Sure, she was gambling with her life, and her drinking/bulimia/anorexia was a possibly a form of intentional self harm. But if she really wanted to die there would be more foolproof ways of doing it... I think we have to respect the coroner's verdict.

• pearljo, Birdieava and HelloSailor like this

#6 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:10 AM

What I always get confused about is, in Mitch's book he says he visited Amy the day before she died and she was ok, showing him the old photos and so. But then Janis says she was so drunk she could not walk and her bodyguard had to carry her down the stairs. Maybe I misunderstood something, or she got drunk after Mitch left? I don't know...

#7 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:11 AM

this is a question i've always wondered and was hoping the movie would touch upon it but i guess its something we'll never know

I think that you are correct. What Amy was thinking that night and what really happened are secrets that she took to her grave. The story of Amy Winehouse will forever be shrouded in mystery.

When I watched the movie, I was left with the uneasy feeling that Amy did commit suicide. These are the "dots" that I put together:

• Amy told her bodyguard that if there were some way that she could "give back" her ability to sing and her songwriting talents, she would.
  • When Amy realized her dream of recording a duet with Tony Bennett, she was frustrated and embarrassed that her voice wasn't doing what she wanted it to do. This, I believe, was a long term effect of her drug and alcohol binges.
  • She was kidnapped from her home to perform the Belgrade concert.
  • When her father hired a camera crew to photograph her stay at St. Lucia and when he insisted that she pose in a photo for fans (even though she wanted privacy), Amy came to the realization that her father cared more about the Amy Winehouse public image and the money brought about by her commercial success than he cared about her as his daughter.

I think that at the end, Amy was frustrated, trapped, depressed, humiliated, and just looking for a way--any way--out. I think that this is the part that I find most tragic about her story.

• KCAmy, MrsBrownEyes, Misery and 2 others like this
Alfredo_t, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jan 2008.

#8 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

I think that you are correct. What Amy was thinking that night and what really happened are secrets that she took to her grave. The story of Amy Winehouse will forever be shrouded in mystery.

When I watched the movie, I was left with the uneasy feeling that Amy did commit suicide. These are the "dots" that I put together:

• Amy told her bodyguard that if there were some way that she could "give back" her ability to sing and her songwriting talents, she would.
  • When Amy realized her dream of recording a duet with Tony Bennett, she was frustrated and embarrassed that her voice wasn't doing what she wanted it to do. This, I believe, was a long term effect of her drug and alcohol binges.
  • She was kidnapped from her home to perform the Belgrade concert.
  • When her father hired a camera crew to photograph her stay at St. Lucia and when he insisted that she pose in a photo for fans (even though she wanted privacy), Amy came to the realization that her father cared more about the Amy Winehouse public image and the money brought about by her commercial success than he cared about her as his daughter.

I think that at the end, Amy was frustrated, trapped, depressed, humiliated, and just looking for a way--any way--out. I think that this is the part that I find most tragic about her story.

Was Amy KIDNAPPED? Are you serious?

#9 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

I don't think suicide can be assumed, especially when the specific cause of death was drinking. Sure, she was gambling with her life, and her drinking/bulimia/anorexia was a possibly a form of intentional self harm. But if she really wanted to die there would be more foolproof ways of doing it... I think we have to respect the coroner's verdict.

But she was advised she could die. So,in a way it might be suicide.

Sadly, there are multiple ways of commit suicide.

• LaPeep likes this

#10 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:31 PM

What I always get confused about is, in Mitch's book he says he visited Amy the day before she died and she was ok, showing him the old photos and so. But then Janis says she was so drunk she could not walk and her bodyguard had to carry her down the stairs. Maybe I misunderstood something, or she got drunk after Mitch left? I don't know...

I trust  100 percent in Janis. They should give an explanation about these contradictions.

• LaPeep and Misery like this

#11 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

mitch has always sugarcoated amy's last 3 years, i don't think he knew the real feelings she had during that time just like a high school teen and father relationship, in most cases the daughter and mother have a closer bond which makes me believe janis's statements were true.

amy was aware how business orientated her father was whereas her mother was much more laid back which probably made it easier to open up to her more.

• pearljo likes this

#12 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

I don't think it was suicide in the slightest. She'd been a heavy drinker her whole adult life (and probably younger), and had built up a tolerance to alcohol. I'm going to guess that her attempts to lessen her alcohol intake, combined with her general frailty from drug abuse and bulimia, left her unable to deal with the sheer volume of alcohol she consumed that night. Her body simply couldn't take what it used to be able to.

I'm a fairly heavy drinker (albeit not as heavy a drinker as Amy appeared to be) and it's incredibly easy to drink more than your body can withstand, especially when you're as unhappy as Amy appeared to be.

• pearljo, Gus×Wino, Birdieava and 4 others like this

#13 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

The story of Amy's last doctors appointment...  "I don't want to die"... always strikes me as being eerie. I think she knew she was going die around the last few months. Her and her father saying goodbye by looking at photographs is poignant, almost as if she was evaluating her life. I know as fans we're supposed to be respectful, but her voice was dead by 2011, she was past her sell buy date and she knew it. Watching the 2011 tour is always strange, even when sober she looks disappointed with herself and her voice, as singing live had always been what she'd "lived for".

Her and Reg had separated by the time of her death, right? And Mitch/Reg later claims they were "engaged" or "to be engaged"? There is so much confusion around her last few months. The toxicology report being invalid is also interesting. I'm not trying to suggest alcohol intoxication is a cover-up story, but I'm sure there are some details not come to surface. 

But, she was excited for Nick's wedding, and being the selfless person she was, I don't think she would commit suicide the day before. 

It's such a strange thing, because it's easy to coin a romantic/poetic story out of all the facts (Juliette phone call, etc...), but I think we will never know the truth, however the aftermath "Amy was fine(Mitch)/Amy was not fine(Janis)" "To be engaged(Reg)/Blake phone call" is all very strange, almost scripted in a way. Am I the only one who thinks this? XXX

• LaPeep, Sassy, melnyk and 3 others like this

#14 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

lets not forget how much she wanted kids, the one thing that bothers me is that she didn't have a baby..we could've watched him/her grow up knowing our sisters blood is in him/her, knowing that amy still walks the earth in one way or another. 

i just wanted to ask the fans who were following her in the last days of her life, how much influence did blake play? do you think if they had reconciled that amy may have lived longer or was she over blake?

• ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer and Love is a losing game like this

#15 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

the question i'm trying to ask here is what actually happened to her? i'm not old enough to drink nor intend to do ever  but some of you guys on here may have so is drinking too much on a night something that can usually happen or does a situation or event trigger that kind of drinking? 

Anything can trigger a drinking session : boredom, anxiety, having a good time, depression, guilt... The problem is it's very hard to stop once you've started. And the next day when you wake up and feel like shit, the only thing that sorts you out is to drink some more. That's how you can easily drink for several days.

And you have to remember she was addicted, physically and mentally. So when you reach that point, drinking or not drinking is no longer an option, it's what you need to function.

we all have heard mitch say amy was very happy in the last days of her life, so why do you think she drank herself to death? obviously we can only assume but you guys are the internets biggest amy fans and some of you have followed her for close to a decade, you guys know her more than anyone besides friends/family so what do you think bothered her the night she passed? was she missing blake? or do you think it was accidental where she was intending to only have a couple of shots and ended up drinking herself to death..

That's just Mitch trying to focus on the positives and not wanting to accept that his daughter was troubled. The thing is, even depressed people have happy moments, fits of laughter, instants of joy where they discuss the future and look at life with a postive outcome... Being depressed doesn't mean 100% of your time is spent being miserable. By focusing on Amy's happy moments in her final months, Mitch is in denial about how bad Amy felt. Maybe it's just too difficult for him to accept the pain she was experiencing. 

Some of the stuff that was bothering her on the night she passed was probably no different than all the things that worried her or upset her previously, just that this time round she didn't wake up. I'm pretty sure that in her final months she was feeling really low about Blake having become a dad, her not being able to fall pregnant (with Blake or anyone else), her fears of being able to make more music after B2B, her failed European tour, her alcoholism, her damaged voice, etc...

I do believe it was accidental and not her intention, although you could argue that this kind of behaviour (playing russian roulette with your addictions) is a suicidal behaviour. I don't think she wanted to take her own life, but I do think that she sometimes wished she was dead to ease the pain.

• veronika, pearljo, Alfredo_t and 8 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users