Photo
- - - - -

What do you think happened the night Amy died?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Deep Regret

Deep Regret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

I don't think she intentionally tried to end her life either. I think she was trying to block out negative feelings in much the same way so many people do, by drinking too much. And of course being addicted meant there was a stronger urge to do that than for someone who is not addicted. Having all those issues coupled with a public lifestyle most people cannot fathom, well, the writing was on the wall I guess. :  (

• HelloSailor, Misery and Love is a losing game like this

"So he tries to pacify her, but what's inside her never dies."  :amy_winking:

#17 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Was Amy KIDNAPPED? Are you serious?

I could be wrong. The account that the film gave was that she was at home, drunk to the point of being unconscious. She was taken from her home and put on an airplane to Belgrade. When I saw the film, my reaction was, "this sounds like a kidnapping!" (because she was forcibly taken from her home and she had no say in whether she would perform or not).

Alfredo_t, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jan 2008.

#18 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

I want to know why some people say her voice was damaged. I don't think it was damaged. It just changed , she was becoming more mature. If you compare her voice in 2003 and then just 2-3 years later when she recorded back to black you could also hear a difference. It sounded much deeper. And I think over the years her voice just changed naturally. :)
  • Soul Power likes this
Amy flies in paradise

#19 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:58 PM

I want to know why some people say her voice was damaged. I don't think it was damaged. It just changed , she was becoming more mature. If you compare her voice in 2003 and then just 2-3 years later when she recorded back to black you could also hear a difference. It sounded much deeper. And I think over the years her voice just changed naturally. :)

This came up in discussion after my wife and I watched the film. She said that she thought that Amy's bulimia "aged" her vocal cords. I tend to agree, and I think that Amy's heavy cigarette smoking was also a contributing factor.

As I understand it, vocal cords that have been irritated by cigarette smoke, stomach acid, etc. become swollen, and this swelling causes the pitch of the voice to drop. What is unfortunate is that this is a destructive effect that is not natural. I think that when people say that Amy's voice was damaged, they mean that the change in her voice was not natural. Continued mistreatment of the vocal cords in this way would turn a deep, husky voice like what Amy had in her later days into a hoarse voice that wouldn't be very useful for singing. [As an aside, when I was in high school, I had a classmate who was a heavy smoker, and she might also have been bulimic. Her teeth were discolored and most of them had big fillings. Her voice always had a raspy, labored quality about it, like that of somebody with laryngitis. This girl was deeply saddened when she tried out for the cheerleading squad and was rejected due to the lack of volume and clarity of her voice.]

Please understand that I am not trying to criticize or disrespect Amy. I think that in the short time that she was alive, she gave us very fresh, beautiful music. What pains me greatly is that physical self-harm was part of the process that created that music.

• Birdieava, KCAmy and HelloSailor like this
Alfredo_t, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jan 2008.

#20 aries_124

aries_124

I died a hundred times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

I guess no one will really know why Amy started drinking that night she could have just been really bored on a Friday night or she could have been feeling really down that night. it was just a tragic accident...she overestimated her tolerance and her tiny frame just couldn't cope any longer.  

#21 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

@Alfredo_t I was going to say exactly the same. She had problems with her lungs (early stage emphasimia), and her vocal cords were damaged from smoking, drugs and purging. As you pointed out, stomach acid is devastating for people with bulimia and their vocal cords. In the Tony Bennet duo, Amy can't reach certain notes and struggles to maintain them.

I'm not saying it was permanent damage, maybe she could've regained some vocal capacity, but prior to her death, her voice was damaged. That's why she's upset with herself during the Body and Soul recording and says to Tony "I don't wan't to be wasting your time". 

It's wishful thinking to think she was just fine before her death. I agree that even with a damaged voice, her singing is way superior than most people on their best day... but that doesn't change the fact that she could not use her instrument the way she used to, and to a singer that must be quite frightening.

• crol, Birdieava, dykehaze and 1 other like this

#22 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

I could be wrong. The account that the film gave was that she was at home, drunk to the point of being unconscious. She was taken from her home and put on an airplane to Belgrade. When I saw the film, my reaction was, "this sounds like a kidnapping!" (because she was forcibly taken from her home and she had no say in whether she would perform or not).

Thanks you so much for the info. I haven't seen the film yet but I agree with you.

By the way, poor Amy!! it sounds so sad, they should have waited for Amy to recover, but they MONEY tempt.

#23 MrsBrownEyes

MrsBrownEyes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Well, I think that it was kind of a slow suicide and somehow she wanted to die. Maybe she hadn't the purpose to die that exact night but we all saw, how unhappy and lonely she was. Since I saw the film, it really comfirmed my opinion on that. The apologize-call to her former best friend, watching Youtube-Videos of herself and the setence she said, that she would go back to walk unrecognized through the streets, looking at family pictures, stuff like this are signs that she wanted to say "goodbye". And that's really tragic. According to Alex Haines, Amy predicted that she would die young (Don't know it that's true, tho!) Blake said in an interview that he got a SMS from Amy before her death saying "I will always love you" or something like this. In an article I read, that she tried to phone her friends and "everybody had missed calls from her". I think her depression took over her and she was ashamed and unhappy about the Belgrade performance, Blake became a father and she wanted to go back to him according to Blake. She had that lung-disease, which made her voice change, bulimia, "manic depression", alcohol, that's quite a few things, that were very draining and exhausting for her, I'm sure she struggled with way more problems than that.. In her last pic with a fan, she looked very exhausted and sad. In her last performanced she smiled and looked kind of happy, but when you look at her eyes, she really looked so sad: Like in this video.

A lot of things showed that she was very unhappy and dissatisfied with her life and it saddens me too.

Sources:

http://mybroadband.c...-her-death-quot

http://www.dailymail...in-27-club.html

http://www.contactmu...r-civil_3530713

• Misery and Love is a losing game like this

tumblr_mrfwq0eW4B1qhcfolo1_500.gif

#24 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

lets not forget how much she wanted kids, the one thing that bothers me is that she didn't have a baby..we could've watched him/her grow up knowing our sisters blood is in him/her, knowing that amy still walks the earth in one way or another. 

i just wanted to ask the fans who were following her in the last days of her life, how much influence did blake play? do you think if they had reconciled that amy may have lived longer or was she over blake?

Blake's baby Jack was 10 weeks old when Amy died, so that means that Amy likely entered the hospital or some sort of program/rehab around the time this baby was born before going on tour. .... Could she really 'think' of anything else after that?????? come on guys

More than anything, Amy was crazy for Blake, and according to Sarah Aspins' article in the Daily Mail (you can google all this errr. tabloid rubbish), Blake was already living with Sarah after the divorce. So Amy maybe she thought she could get back with Blake, and that was never to be.

sorry if I offend. but Then came that bf, Reg, and he was just like totally absent. Making movies, dating other girls and toying with Amys feelings.(google!!)

Ain't that the truth.

• LaPeep, Love is a losing game and GoddessAmy like this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#25 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:03 PM

Well, I think that it was kind of a slow suicide and somehow she wanted to die. Maybe she hadn't the purpose to die that exact night but we all saw, how unhappy and lonely she was. Since I saw the film, it really comfirmed my opinion on that. The apologize-call to her former best friend, watching Youtube-Videos of herself and the setence she said, that she would go back to walk unrecognized through the streets, looking at family pictures, stuff like this are signs that she wanted to say "goodbye". And that's really tragic. According to Alex Haines, Amy predicted that she would die young (Don't know it that's true, tho!) Blake said in an interview that he got a SMS from Amy before her death saying "I will always love you" or something like this. In an article I read, that she tried to phone her friends and "everybody had missed calls from her". I think her depression took over her and she was ashamed and unhappy about the Belgrade performance, Blake became a father and she wanted to go back to him according to Blake. She had that lung-disease, which made her voice change, bulimia, "manic depression", alcohol, that's quite a few things, that were very draining and exhausting for her, I'm sure she struggled with way more problems than that.. In her last pic with a fan, she looked very exhausted and sad. In her last performanced she smiled and looked kind of happy, but when you look at her eyes, she really looked so sad: Like in this video.

A lot of things showed that she was very unhappy and dissatisfied with her life and it saddens me too.

Sources:

http://mybroadband.c...-her-death-quot

http://www.dailymail...in-27-club.html

http://www.contactmu...r-civil_3530713

wow that final month of her life was a complete disaster, so much overthinking and emotions, they finally took over her & she just went off on that final night..

• LaPeep and Birdieava like this

#26 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

wow that final month of her life was a complete disaster, so much overthinking and emotions, they finally took over her & she just went off on that final night..

Remember BLAKE has a baby in 2011. I am sure that depressed her A LOT.

• LaPeep likes this

#27 KCAmy

KCAmy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

Her and Reg had separated by the time of her death, right? And Mitch/Reg later claims they were "engaged" or "to be engaged"? 

I don't know the exact status of Amy & Reg's relationship at the time of her death, but I know that she was going to attend Nick Shymansky's wedding the next day WITH Reg. (I saw a photo of the table arrangements and place cards.) I'm pretty sure Mitch is exaggerating Amy & Reg's relationship--that they were engaged is just a fantasy. I think Janis said in her memoir that she had never met Reg (weird if that's your daughter's fiancé and you approve of him) and danced around the topic of the depth of Amy and Reg's relationship. Reg never lived with Amy, which contrasts completely to her relationships with past boyfriends. However, I don't think they were separated at the time of her death, as they were both expected to come together to Nick's wedding. Still wondering about what made her go off on that final, fatal binge...

• HelloSailor and Love is a losing game like this

#28 GoddessAmy

GoddessAmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

I don't know the exact status of Amy & Reg's relationship at the time of her death, but I know that she was going to attend Nick Shymansky's wedding the next day WITH Reg. (I saw a photo of the table arrangements and place cards.) I'm pretty sure Mitch is exaggerating Amy & Reg's relationship--that they were engaged is just a fantasy. I think Janis said in her memoir that she had never met Reg (weird if that's your daughter's fiancé and you approve of him) and danced around the topic of the depth of Amy and Reg's relationship. Reg never lived with Amy, which contrasts completely to her relationships with past boyfriends. However, I don't think they were separated at the time of her death, as they were both expected to come together to Nick's wedding. Still wondering about what made her go off on that final, fatal binge...

If you read up on Sam Shaker FB page - public -  comments on the 24th June, it will bring some light on the "relationship" between angel Amy and Reg……here some snap shots…...

Sam Shaker After their divorce they came several times to Jazz After Dark for a romantic nights till the early hours of the mornings, he was the love of her life, but then her managements told the media that Amy is engaged to Reg Travis.I don't like to mention names, but that's all I can say."

Sam Shaker I asked Amy if I can paint a Portrait of her with Reg Travis and her answer ( No, I don't know him).

Administrator, I am not sure if I was allowed to copy and paste, I do apologise if I wasn't. But there's more (also on 13th june with an article on daily telegraph) and it's all in the public page of Jazz After Dark. Thank you everyone. 

:wub: Respect Amy Forever  :wub: 

• Love is a losing game likes this

#29 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Poom. I believe Janis and not Mitch. His version was sanitized for the press.
  • Poom likes this
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#30 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Poom. I believe Janis and not Mitch. His version was sanitized for the press.

I think I believe Janis too. Either way, I feel that Mitch really isn't in a position to be accusing other people of telling 'basic mistruths'.
  • Sassy and ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users