Photo
- - - - -

What do you think happened the night Amy died?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

I think I believe Janis too. Either way, I feel that Mitch really isn't in a position to be accusing other people of telling 'basic mistruths'.

what did janis say?

#32 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

I'm not sure if Amy was like this but I got some friends who have no limit when it comes to drinking at a night out at one point they would drink pretty much any drink from any table (at this point I usually get fed up and take them home), just thinking maybe Amy could have been like this that night, not even realising anymore how much she drank already plus she was taking Librium exactly for her drinking problems and if you take that with alcohol the effects of alcohol can get stronger too. But all in all her body and mainly her heart just gave up after all the drinking, drugs and bulimia.

On the mental side I believe it was the problems with Blake and the press/fame that mostly drove her to drink so much, as a way of shutting/numbing her brain down from thinking I guess..also can't stop wondering which videos she must have watched on Youtube that night maybe reading some mean comments too or smth :/

#33 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

I was reading about guitarist Gary Moore and more specifically how he died. I posted one of his videos in the Now Playing thread. It's from the Strat Pack gig where Amy also performed (2004). Awesome guitarist and musician. Seems he consumed massive quantities of alcohol and went into cardiac arrest during his sleep. His blood alcohol levels were extremely high but not as high as Amy's. It really raises the question as to how / why did she consume so much alcohol on the night she died. I don't think Gary meant to kill himself and I don't think Amy did either but it really makes one wonder.

• pearljo, Sassy and Love is a losing game like this

#34 iconicamy

iconicamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

There's a chance she never even knew it happened. I've had alcohol and drug related seizures in my sleep and I'm none the wiser until I come round, however long that takes. Usually there are paramedics (my partner calls them) waiting to take my blood pressure and ask me how I'm feeling but sometimes I just get up and move about when I feel I can, depending on how long they've lasted and what has happened to me during them. I can only imagine death would be like that without the coming back round. Obviously I'm no medical expert but my seizures are completely painless themselves, it's other occurring factors after that cause problems.
  • dykehaze, Love is a losing game and amh91 like this

#35 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

I think I"ve mentioned this in a previous thread, that Blake had refused to see Amy or talk to her, think he was in prison at the time. He felt it was disrespectful to Sarah who had just had his baby. Think for Amy this was a first. Think her relationship with Reg was on shaky ground & to be honest who could blame him. Amy always said she was a mean drunk. She just couldn't handle rejection, and the emotions that came with it, all of us us find rejection hard but do we want to die because of it? I think Blake was Amy"s first love, this is always the hardest to get over, if she had......... Who knows what might of been.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#36 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

There's a chance she never even knew it happened. I've had alcohol and drug related seizures in my sleep and I'm none the wiser until I come round, however long that takes. Usually there are paramedics (my partner calls them) waiting to take my blood pressure and ask me how I'm feeling but sometimes I just get up and move about when I feel I can, depending on how long they've lasted and what has happened to me during them. I can only imagine death would be like that without the coming back round. Obviously I'm no medical expert but my seizures are completely painless themselves, it's other occurring factors after that cause problems.

Imagine what it is like for your partner who has it witness this. Please be aware there are very young people on this board, & it is no badge of honour .
  • ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer and GoddessAmy like this

#37 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:54 PM

Imagine what it is like for your partner who has it witness this. Please be aware there are very young people on this board, & it is no badge of honour .

Sorry@catpuss, I don't quite understand what you mean, please can you clarify. I found what @iconicamy pointed out quite comforting cos it confirmed from their own experience of seizures Amy mustn't have suffered when she passed away. Thank you@iconicamy for sharing. X
  • amh91 likes this

#38 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

She probably had a death wish her whole life. The voicemail she left Nick about loving him until she drops dead, in interviews when she was starting off she says that she's lucky to be able to sing until she dies, I even have read articles that state that her Nan Cynthia was a keen tarot card reader and she supposedly had read Amy's future. I don't know if this is true I really doubt it.
But bulimia alone can kill you it causes infertility and heart problems and IMHO is the main reason she died. But as far as that night goes, from the autopsy show, Amy was found lying face down and that led to her death.
I'm not trying to blame anyone but it's mentioned that Amy was trying to control her drinking and the doctor even stated that Amy was managing to go through phases where she wouldn't drink or not drink as much. Then her management sets up this completely unnecessary tour and Tyler James states that she was increasing her alcohol intake and then she dies a month later, hmmm?
In short, Amy may have a destructive side and a death wish, but I do think she was trying to overcome her bad habits, heck she even gave up hard drugs that takes a lot of strength. Her death was a result of a long unhealthy lifestyle, if it was intentional suicide like "I'm going to take my life away tonight" she would have found other methods. That night she slept face down and that led to her death. If there's an afterlife, I hope Amy is in a safe place I know she was not religious but I get the feeling she was very spiritual she loved gospel music even if she was Jewish, she had a tattoo of an ankh, an ancient Egyptian symbol meaning life. And that voice of hers is otherworldly and transcendent, time stops when Amy sang and I just hope her soul is resting. Sorry if I offended any agnostics or atheists but I do believe in God and if there's an afterlife I hope Amy is happy and at peace.
  • MandyP, dykehaze, KCAmy and 3 others like this

#39 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

Sorry@catpuss, I don't quite understand what you mean, please can you clarify. I found what @iconicamy pointed out quite comforting cos it confirmed from their own experience of seizures Amy mustn't have suffered when she passed away. Thank you@iconicamy for sharing. X

Taken a couple of days to think how to reply to this, I felt the original comment was flippant not soul sharing, nearly encouraging considering it was talking about something so serious. Having watched people die from respiratory arrest , it is not pretty, terrifying for them and the people who are with them. Read about the time Blake called Juliet & Lauren when she was fitting.
If Amy was here now knowing what she knows and how it turned out for her & wonder what she would say to someone having fits from alcohol or drug abuse would she be like yeh fine no problem or you are an idiot? I think as she loved children so much she would have said the later that is what I would like to believe anyway. Sorry if I have misinterpreted the original post but having read and reread it, this is still how it comes over to me.
  • ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer likes this

#40 iconicamy

iconicamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

I just want to apologise to anyone who read my post as uncomfortable or misinterpreted. It was not my intention to glamourize anything I have done or anything that has happened to me, I merely wished to give my opinion as it is something I can completely relate to. I in no way wanted to share my experiences in the hope that it could be seen as a badge of honour or something I think is right. Happy new year everyone ☺
  • LaPeep and amywinehousequeen like this

#41 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

I just want to apologise to anyone who read my post as uncomfortable or misinterpreted. It was not my intention to glamourize anything I have done or anything that has happened to me, I merely wished to give my opinion as it is something I can completely relate to. I in no way wanted to share my experiences in the hope that it could be seen as a badge of honour or something I think is right. Happy new year everyone ☺

I feel it's quite unfair@iconicamy's post had been negatively misinterpreted as well as their intention, and had to apologise. Thanks@catpuss for clarifying but I'm afraid I still don't get how that could be seen as a badge of honour when they were sharing with the forum such a serious, personal and terrible experience, obviously not to be proud of and neither they chose to experience. Anyway hope it's all clear now. Thanx again for sharing@iconicamy x

#42 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

what did janis say?

Here you go an extract from Janis's book which will be in US stores soon - fingers crossed it sells well, it's the best book about Amy imo!
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2483983
"In the book, in stores on January 12, Janis also tells the devastating story of the last time she saw her daughter alive.

Janis relates how — just a day before the singer died — the beleaguered mom and her then-boyfriend (now husband) visited at Amy at the singer’s London home and waited half an hour before the artist could see them.

Janis says Amy’s bodyguard finally carried her into the room — slung across his shoulder — and it was obvious that the delay had been caused because the guard had been trying to wash and dress the singer to make her presentable. He had even tried to put up her famous beehive.

Janis says Amy reeked of alcohol and that she told her daughter, "This is so wrong Amy."

Amy replied, "I sorry Mummy, I love you Mummy," before slumping over."

#43 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

I don't think your post is glamourizing anything so I wouldn't worry about it. Happy New Year to you too!

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#44 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

Her voice had changed so much! (maybe she thought it was becaming ugly). What is more, Belgrade disaster might have helped her to commit suicide.

#45 Tanqueray

Tanqueray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, England

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

Hi, apologies for the late reply to this post, I've only just joined the forum after dipping into it now and again as a guest. There were reports that she had a massive row with Reg the day before, this must have had some effect and was the possible cause of the reported drinking binge. I think she might have got to the state where she didn't care any more. We all have seen the reports that she said if she could give it all back just to be able to walk down the street she would. And also that she said if she died tomorrow she'd be happy. The fact that she was trying to contact old friends was either a cry for help or an attempt to say goodbye, suggesting that she could well have known she was dying, this and the fact that she spent the evening reminiscing by watching YouTube videos and looking through old photographs. Whether her death was intentional or accidental I wouldn't like to speculate and we'll never know. I prefer to think it was accidental and I'm sure she knew she was dying. It still upset me when I think about either possibility. Well that's my thoughts on the subject, probably nothing new, just sharing my thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users