27 replies to this topic

#1 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

i've always wondered how much her face changed at the end of her life, its like she lost that twinkle in her eye, her eyes were soul less and her face looked very different.

when she was younger/with blake she always had a little bit of glimmering light no matter what state she was in. 

why did she look so different near the end? 

BACK TO BLACK ERA

article-0-0D213AC200000578-641_634x412.j

5987304855_a5b5f786fb_b.jpg

2010 - 2011

amywinehouse3.png

amy_winehouse_last_known_pictures_london

article-0-0A6E7917000005DC-897_634x776.j

i cant pin point exactly what it is but you can tell her facial appearance really changed, even when she's smiling its not giving off that same happiness look that she gave off in the back to black era.

what do you guys make of this?

• GoddessAmy likes this

#2 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

I think it was because she matured. Maybe make up was also a factor but when you look at the paparazzi photos which were taken in Belgrade before the show you can see that she somehow has a bit of that "frank" face again.

Also she gained a tiny little bit of weight and I somewhere read that those medication she got lead to swellings in the facial area (idk if she still took subutex in 2011 because by 2009 she was already clean again). I first noticed it when she came back from Brazil and was photographed at Heathrow.

But you know what? I find in her last 3 years (2009-2011) she looked more beautiful than ever

Edit: what I also noticed is that whenever news of her appear the media always uses old photos from 2007-2008. I don't understand that. Recently I showed some friends pictures of amy in 2010 and they were like: that's not her. We never saw her like this.
They probably only remember her old looks from 2007
  • pearljo, TBR and melnyk like this
Amy flies in paradise

#3 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

Amy looks not like Amy in the pic with Reg.  BTW, I hated the boob job. 

• Sassy, ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer, Love is a losing game and 1 other like this

#4 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

As with many forms of substance abuse, eventually alcohol starts to erase the person that used to be there.

• LaPeep and Sassy like this

#5 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

I think it was because she matured. Maybe make up was also a factor but when you look at the paparazzi photos which were taken in Belgrade before the show you can see that she somehow has a bit of that "frank" face again.

Also she gained a tiny little bit of weight and I somewhere read that those medication she got lead to swellings in the facial area (idk if she still took subutex in 2011 because by 2009 she was already clean again). I first noticed it when she came back from Brazil and was photographed at Heathrow.

But you know what? I find in her last 3 years (2009-2011) she looked more beautiful than ever

Edit: what I also noticed is that whenever news of her appear the media always uses old photos from 2007-2008. I don't understand that. Recently I showed some friends pictures of amy in 2010 and they were like: that's not her. We never saw her like this.
They probably only remember her old looks from 2007

Yes, that's so true. I just talked with my friend who loves Amy music and she didn't know how much Amy changed because she only remembers Amy old looks from 2007-2008, so I had to show her pictures to show how she looked. And I agree with you. I thought she was really beautiful around 2009-2011, she looked well and healthy. 

• pearljo and melnyk like this

#6 Nathalie

Nathalie

AmyBlaky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

She was missing.....Blake.....

#7 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

I think she looked so different, like her face changed. When I look at early pictures and older pictures it's like a different person. Even her bone structure. Idk what it is. But I think that happens to a lot of poeple. Their face matures and they settle into what they really should look like, and more like their parents

#8 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

I really loved her Frank look, she looked so healthy with her curves and wide smile. But i agree that she looked amazing in example her so called 3 album shoot.

#9 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Amy drank and smoked a lot for about a decade along with the worst drug addiction and bulimia. The way you live in your 20s determines what you look like in your (almost) 30s when the aging process starts to accelerate. I always thought she had a gray cast to her skin and that it was just bad makeup but apparently that's from the alcohol drying out your skin and the loss of vitamin A. Plus as you age anyway, your bones change, and your face shape and nose can even change. For the average people there is a quite a difference from 20 and 30 but it also depends on your lifestyle and genetics. 

I think we also have to get away from the idea that she looked healthy because we know that just wasn't the case. Amy was a beautiful person and that will show through, even with as broken as I think she was, but she was struggling, and her appearance was the least of her problems.

• pearljo, TBR, WhoDat and 2 others like this

#10 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

Cigarette smoking wreaks havoc on your face, too.  The little capillaries can't carry enough blood or oxygen.  You see a lot of old, and not so old, smokers with that gray pallor.

I wonder how much Amy drank on an average day.  It had to be a massive amount considering how much it took to kill her. 

• GoddessAmy and JadedHearts like this

#11 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

you guys have the answers to everything!!! never fail to disappoint me, thank you to everyone :)

#12 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

When you do a lot of blow or snort other substances it destroys the cartiledge in your sinus area. Bulimia and anorexia makes you deficient in a lot of vitamins and minerals that hold your facial structure together. Our beloved Amys nose bridge, lower lip , chin area and nose length look very different to me in the end. She also may have had some implants or injections..
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#13 yulia

yulia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

lol I thought the same thing like throughout 2010 especially Amy looked like a completely different person?? like no exaggeration at all - her facial features looked completely different?? like an Amy Winehouse caricature/impersonator. But then I see pictures like these two from 2011 where she looks almost like Frank-era Amy?

April 2011

article-1376526-0B9B64DF00000578-307_468

February 2011

amy-winehouse-dubai-smile.jpg

Honestly I think it was mainly down to how she presented herself, probably down to self esteem/body issues.

1. She started drawing her eyeliner slightly differently, changing the shape/angle of the wings, which made her eyes look different

2. She picked up a weird pout where she kind of puckered her lips (to look bigger even though she always had plump lips) this slightly lowers the jaw when you do it so it probably made her face look longer in pictures. Here's an example: look (2010) - she's doing the pout and it's lowering her chin/jaw area, making her face look very long and pointy and goblin-y:

00-amy-winehouse.jpg?w=604

2. In addition to the pout, she started overdrawing her lips with lip liner to make them look even bigger

Like here's another good example: Here are two photos are from the same night (the premiere of Reg's film in 2010) yet she looks completely different in both!

In the first one, she's doing the awful pout. In the Second one, her face is more relaxed.

See the difference? Which looks most like B2B-era Amy?

06_03_2011--280_1306806a.jpg9QGH7RM.png

4. She also started drawing fake freckles on her nose (possibly making it appear slightly thicker?)

5. Also obviously the ugly ugly ugly orange fake tan! it made her look AWFUL! So bad. It was always so badly done and patchy - it made her look dirty all the time and it aged her significantly.

I do also definitely think the mix of substance abuse, eating disorders, stress, depression, bloat from alcohol, etc. did age her a bit and took away the "twinkle" in her eye. However, I think that for the most part, she just started to present/dress/paint herself in a certain way which made her look a lot different.

• KCAmy, ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer and mayday like this

#14 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Just ran across this video showing Amy's face being morphed to show how it changed over the years ...

• Sassy, melnyk and KCAmy like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#15 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

Aside from the obvious, I think her face naturally matured. Sometimes I go from a FRANK interview to B2B and I struggle to believe I am watching the same women, the two "Amy's" remind me more of sisters - It's strange. 

FILE+PHOTO+Monday+July+23+2012+marks+one

You can see the damage on her face here, even when she is dressed nicely and sober. She looks like a teenager becoming a women. With time and her getting back into her fitness-frenzy and eating right, I think her appearance and confidence would have matched, if not bettered, her FRANK charm. Although her 2007 pictures are the most stunning and iconic, she was naturally a curvy girl, what with her being of a small height. I think if she would have lived, she would have eventually opted for professional help with her bulimia, although she liked to "help herself", I think she was more at peace in 2011; she just needed time, which is the most heartbreaking thing of all. 

You can see in the Tony Bennett interview her confidence has improved and she is more relaxed (off drugs). Although I think she is drunk, her body language reminds me of 2004, the shoulder raise is the most beautiful thing in the world. XX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users