• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 blohan

blohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:53 AM

In the documentary, when she comes back from St. Lucia they said the doctors had found things that were troubling, I believe it was her heart or something, does anyone have more info on this?

#2 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:30 PM

Loads of alcohol is what stopped her heart and breathing as well so it can deff cause heart irregularities but I also recall smth was wrong with her thyroid which contributes to hormons - her mood and being able to get pregnant as well I think. We will see in about a weeks time anyway when the dvd comes out, cant wait now! :)

#3 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

I'm going from memory here, but I believe that was when doctors first found sings of emphysema (at least I'm pretty sure that's what was reported at the time...I can't recall if that was even confirmed).

#4 blohan

blohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

I'm going from memory here, but I believe that was when doctors first found sings of emphysema (at least I'm pretty sure that's what was reported at the time...I can't recall if that was even confirmed).

No, the emphysema was around the nelson mandela thing, this was much later when she was with Reg Travis, that's when they mentioned it on the documentary and I seem to recall news reports about it, but I'm not sure.

#5 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

This is what was reported in news in 2009 I think it was her lung disease. I think in her last year especially on her candid pics I saw her smoking less than before

Amy Winehouse, who is famous for her eclectic mix of various musical genres including soul, jazz and rock & roll, was spotted smoking after she was diagnosed with a condition that could lead to the early stages of a serious lung disease. Fans were shocked as they couldn’t believe that even after reports of being affected by a deadly disease, the star was smoking in public just days after being released from hospital.

Amy’s father, Mitch, incorrectly said in mid-2008 his daughter’s smoking habit had caused her to have emphysema. Amy’s publicist, however, was quick to correct her father’s comments, instead stating that Amy had symptoms and signs that could lead to the early stages of the lung disease.

“With smoking the crack cocaine and the cigarettes her lungs are all gunked up,” her father told Britain’s Daily Mirror. He further added: “The only things that can go into her lungs are fresh air. She faces a stark choice – either she sticks to it or she won’t sing again.”

The smoking habit of the singer led to traces of the disease that generally affects middle-aged and elderly people, of which smoking is the leading cause.

Amy, who is best known for her soulful, powerful contralto vocals, also has a history of drug abuse, including smoking crack, which may have contributed to her illness.

Whether the singer will actually quit smoking remains to be seen. Amy has, however, generally begun taking steps to improve her life, including claims she is trying to get clean.

#6 babymermaid

babymermaid

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Does anyone know if she stopped smoking cigarettes?
Last time seen her was on candids pictures of 23.03.2011 after the recording when she went to the pub but no cigs in hand after!
Read somewhere she started vaping but wasn't enjoying it a lot

#7 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

Does anyone know if she stopped smoking cigarettes?
Last time seen her was on candids pictures of 23.03.2011 after the recording when she went to the pub but no cigs in hand after!
Read somewhere she started vaping but wasn't enjoying it a lot

I do see cigs I'm affraid.. but yeah maybe not after March 23 2011, I'll have a look.

amy-winehouse_3263184.jpg amy-winehouse_3263179.jpg

Her last candids are from 12th of July though, no sign of cigarettes here but maybe she wasnt out for long enough..

Attached File  amy-winehouse-071211-2.jpg   90.43KB   0 downloads

#8 babymermaid

babymermaid

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:16 PM

She had a vaping pen before it was cool and was vaping when she was with Reg at her house and that allowed her to reduce the chain smoking habit i've seen a picture with a fan on flickr where she had it on her hand.

#9 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Oh really? Didn't know that let me know if you find it! :)
I feel similar to Amy's smoking like my sister's. My sister is smoking too and I hate it everytime she coughs I get paranoid and imagine her lungs..she's just too important to harm her health like that but all I can do is hope one day ( and hopefully soon!!) her life's stress levels reduce enough to stop this stupid addiction! I heard bad things about vaping tho it's not what's been exploding in some people's mouth? :/

#10 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:54 PM

Don't believe 99% of the horror stories about vaping.  A lot of (really stupid) people 'get creative' and try to modify their ecigs and live to regret it.  You have about as much chance of an ecig blowing up as you stand with your cell phone exploding. 

As far as Amy vaping, too little-too late.  At least she tried.

#11 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up! :) yeah maybe if she would have tried the vaping when she was warned about her lungs in 2008 and started to carry that asthma inhaler with her..I find it bit ironic when she's walking around with that and the cigarettes right in the same hand, its just like oww girl I cant watch you do this to yourself :(

She isnt vaping there is she? http://c8.alamy.com/...itar-C0M59R.jpg

#12 babymermaid

babymermaid

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

No that's a marker, a pen.
it was from January 2011. She was photographed in a bar maybe after a gig in Brazil.

#13 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

The pic I posted was from 2008 djing at Monarch pub, there's another pic w it in her mouth but looks even scarier :/ also thought it might be a liquid eyeliner as she was seen doing some touch ups on her makeup

#14 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

The pic I posted was from 2008 djing at Monarch pub, there's another pic w it in her mouth but looks even scarier :/ also thought it might be a liquid eyeliner as she was seen doing some touch ups on her makeup

Yeah defo it doesn't look like Amy in 2011, and I also think that must be an eyeliner x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users