28 replies to this topic

#1 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:29 PM

Janis Winehouse has opened up on the prospect of a future amy album saying it would tarnish her reputation if an album made from demons she left behind.Her husband Richard has heard the material and says, there are bits and bats but they are rubbish, it wouldn't be fare on amy herself nor her fans if it was ever released.when questioned about whether there is an album in the works, he replied, that's up to the record company to comment on, they know more than we do.
  • inwinoveritas and Love is a losing game like this

#2 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

I agree. If they release her material it should not be a mainstream targeted or marketed release. I still haven't warmed to most of the material on Lioness (but this is probably down to the over production). They would be better off orineanating it around the real fans; they should give to demos to the foundation - where the MP3s could be individually brought from or something. xxx

• inwinoveritas, King Marty, MrsBrownEyes and 2 others like this

#3 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

Janis Winehouse has opened up on the prospect of a future amy album saying it would tarnish her reputation if an album made from demons she left behind.Her husband Richard has heard the material and says, there are bits and bats but they are rubbish, it wouldn't be fare on amy herself nor her fans if it was ever released.when questioned about whether there is an album in the works, he replied, that's up to the record company to comment on, they know more than we do.

Thanks for the update@King Marty. I can see where they're coming from but I can't help craving Amy's unreleased songs. Bad or good they could be, they would always be Amy! And compared to nowadays crap I doubt to believe they could not be any better, if that's the record company's concern. It's out of question that unrealeased material could ruin Amy's reputation, if we haven't warmed to Hidden Treasures and let's say the same would go for an hypothetical fourth album of unreleased songs, that does not mean we would not buy nor listen to them. Amy didn't sign off Hidden Treasures and the rest of unrealeased material, with that in mind, fans look at these in a different way but still treasure such material. A new album would keep HER legacy alive. No through charities, movies or whatever else (all great btw), but through music which is what she is. X
  • King Marty likes this

#4 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

Maybe they're only talking about home-made demos, but even if they were sounding bad, i'd want them to listen to them soooo much.

Do you guys think that there's also music of her, which isn't in Universal/Island's Hands? For example the songs they recorded while she was in Jamaica with Salaam? 

• King Marty and Love is a losing game like this
Amy flies in paradise

#5 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

I agree with janis that if the demos are just plain bad, not to release. But there are enough studio material for another album at least. And didn't she do like two albums worth of covers? I think i would break a tear if she covered Little Girl Blue, but that is very unlikely, unfortunately.
  • King Marty likes this

#6 velvet

velvet

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

Even if they are bad, why not publish them for free? I hate it when they talk about tracks we do not know, when they draw attention to them - and then just say they're not worth it...
  • King Marty, amywinehousequeen and amh91 like this

#7 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

Yeah! doesn't It just piss you off when they harp on about unreleased tracks, sometimes tell you how great they are, hang on, just been thinking, didn't Mitch himself say at one point that they have some really cool stuff? so why all of a sudden have these tracks turned into crap? It's got to be either one or the other, good or bad. First there great, then they have been destroyed, now they have not been destroyed but are...just crap. So, what's going on? also it seems, reading into the interview with Janis and her husband, that there actually COULD be an ALBUM in the WORKS, and I say...could be. So, It seems to me that we will eventually get a new album and I'm optimistic about that, but will It be crap? now that's the thing, so I suggest we just keep everything crossed.  

• Love is a losing game and amh91 like this

#8 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:40 PM

^ I am CONVINCED, with Janis's comments, that there is an album coming out very, very soon (and not the soundtrack, an actual album) and that the family know much more then they're letting on but are being forced to speak/voice their dissatisfaction about it indirectly for fear of legal/other action. Call me paranoid or a conspiracy theorist, lol, but her comments have not only appeared out of the blue, they seem to be speaking in anticipation of something that is shortly forthcoming. Could be completely wrong, but have a strong suspicion nonetheless. 

• King Marty likes this

#9 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:04 PM

I hope you're right amh91.

#10 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

Guys this is a saga! I agree with @amh91 there' s been something going on since the demos were first mentioned...and there must be tons of unreleased stuff! Fingers crossed we won't have to wait for too long. In the meantime we can listen to Pinto to chill out lol x
  • crol and King Marty like this

#11 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:58 AM

okay, if they are bad, they could at least upload them on the internet or on youtube, so hat people could at least download them and make up their own minds about it.

#12 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:00 AM

I'd take Amy's raw singing on a bad day over any auto-tuned singing pop fluff on their good day anytime

• melnyk, WhoDat, King Marty and 3 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#13 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Whatever sound comes from Amy's mouth is art! X
  • King Marty likes this

#14 bunnybowlingshirt

bunnybowlingshirt

Now, I tread water.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:08 AM

In my opinion, I think that a lot of them are lying about this. I feel this way because the story of her unreleased material constantly changes. One second there's stuff left over from before frank, then there's some songs they didn't use for frank, then the stuff she recorded inbetween frank and b2b, and then the stuff they didn't use for b2b, the list literally goes on and on.

Now all of a sudden there's only "Bits and bats" that are considered "rubbish"??? first off that's extremely disrespectful since Amy poured her everything into her music, and secondly how do they expect us to believe that there's only "bits and bats" left behind?? I know she didn't record much but, from 2001 to 2011 there HAS to be at least 5 unreleased, full, and finished songs that we haven't heard, that's nearly a decade guys. I don't believe them for a second. I wish they would stop acting like they can't make a mixtape for the fans and release it either for free or a smaller platform, rather than a worldwide itunes release. 

put simply, i think they aren't doing it because they want to be able to do a BIG release and make BIG release money, and the stuff Amy left behind isn't really match for a BIG release. But it's certainly enough for a mixtape/EP for the fans, they could also remaster (not reproduce) songs like "Procrastination", Trilby", "Jazz & Blues", etc. But they won't because the money isn't there and thats ALL they care about.

• Cynthia, WhoDat, Fierce and 2 others like this

i can't help but analyze your actions, neglecting mine...

sig.png

#15 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

Yeah it really makes me mad when they're constantly changing the story:

When asked about his plans in April/may salaam said he's working on 2 projects, 1 of them was "amy winehouses new album".

Around the same time dionne says she listened to Amys new lp and it's really good.

Then 2 weeks before Belgrade island wants fans to keep in touch with her MySpace site for a "announcement"

Shortly after her death a island executive says she left material behind which would expand to 3 albums

In summer of 2012 mitch says they've got material for "1, if not 2 albums" & they also had great covers

2 years later, at the statue unveiling he says "there is no new music"

I could write a book about this
  • WhoDat and amywinehousequeen like this
Amy flies in paradise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users