Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

Really? What kind of fuckery is this??

It pisses me off, once again it's only money they care about, as when she was alive x

#17 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:43 AM

One of her producers also said he had like 5 almost done songs. They have more than enough material.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#18 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

Just to remind you of this as well:

https://www.amywineh...-amy-somewhere/

#19 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

yeah, burt they aklso could've used early demos like the unknown songs from her BMI repertoire, right? (although it is unclear, if all of these written songs have ever been recorded)

#20 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

Just to remind you of this as well:

https://www.amywineh...-amy-somewhere/

From what I've read, what's going on with these songs is really confusing. Mitch seems to think the rights belong to the NYJO and the NYJO has mentioned that they belong to the family.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#21 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

From what I've read, what's going on with these songs is really confusing. Mitch seems to think the rights belong to the NYJO and the NYJO has mentioned that they belong to the family.

I'm confused, where are these songs then? Sitting somewhere until they come to an agreement on the rights? Ok, politics, bollocks! I don't get it guys x

#22 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:41 PM

I'm trying to stay optimistic and if nothing else for a while, but I hope in the movie Mitch is planning to make there's going to be some new songs!

#23 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

I'm confused, where are these songs then? Sitting somewhere until they come to an agreement on the rights? Ok, politics, bollocks! I don't get it guys x

A post from the comments section made over a year ago ...

Nigel Tully 17 June 2014 at 18:46

As Executive Chair of NYJO, please let me assure you that we would dearly love to release the four tracks of Amy’s first public performance, and we have always wished to do so ever since the tracks were discovered! We had hoped we would have been able to do so a while back but now aim to meet with Mitch Winehouse again soon with the intention of getting the tracks into the public arena. We are working on it ! Nigel Tully

http://www.londonjaz...photos-and.html

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#24 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

A post from the comments section made over a year ago ...
Nigel Tully 17 June 2014 at 18:46
As Executive Chair of NYJO, please let me assure you that we would dearly love to release the four tracks of Amy’s first public performance, and we have always wished to do so ever since the tracks were discovered! We had hoped we would have been able to do so a while back but now aim to meet with Mitch Winehouse again soon with the intention of getting the tracks into the public arena. We are working on it ! Nigel Tully
http://www.londonjaz...photos-and.html

They're with Mitch then. Mitch please! Isn't someone on here in contact with him? I live in hope.

Thanx@Uno you're a star love. I know@King Marty will take over Island Records, along with you though lol x
  • King Marty likes this

#25 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

5 songs Amy sang with the NYJO were: Nobody knows you when you're down and out - The nearness of you - Sentimental journey - Who's blue? and Another always. (16th July 2000)
Mitch has said he has them. Bill Ashton said they were in his loft on a mini disc. Mitch played them a while back to some friends when he was in New York.

See if Mitch has those there's a high chance he would use them in the movie! Let's just keep our fingers crossed guys! ;)

• King Marty likes this

#26 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

I've always said that I never believed that Amy would have gone so many years without recording anything. I do think there is new music we've never heard, but as some on here have already suggested, I'd imagine the back and forth by the record company and the family is related to doubts about how commercial the unreleased material actually is, which should be the least of anyone's concerns. It should be understood that any material that is released after Amy's death and without her full involvement is probably not going to be of the same standard as a record she would have written, recorded and overseen from start to finish.

There's a compromise that needs to be accepted though. I don't expect that any music released now is going to be Amy's best work and a chart-topping global phenomenon, but an EP of covers she did in her spare time or of songs she may have recorded and discarded for previous albums would be a nice addition to her legacy, and it's something real fans would love. Obviously it's important to tread carefully with an artist's legacy, but I think the record company showed they cared less about her legacy and more about money when they released Hidden Treasures so soon after Amy had died, which makes it hard for me to take them seriously when they say now that they don't want to release anything that could diminish her as an artist.

I'm sure there is more and better material out there than what we heard on Hidden Treasures. I don't really want to hear demos or different versions of songs that eventually ended up on Back to Black or Frank. I want to hear songs I've never heard before. I refuse to believe there is no material like that in the vaults.

• MandyP, King Marty and OinkaOinka like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#27 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2021 - 06:17 PM

As time goes by it feels more unlikely that there is anything ever going to be released. I really want to hear all the songs she did with Stefan Skarbek

#28 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

Yeah... I think there are some songs or covers floating around, but with poor quality voice (similar to It's My Party or some Hidden Treasures stuff). Stuff that would please us fans, who are willing to hear even the bad outtakes, but dissapoint Amy. 

A few years back I would've been willing to hear anything from her, even bad quality. Now I don't want to hear it even if it exists. 

I would still be interested in reading the lyrics to unreleased songs, as I would see them as less damaging to her image...then again, any lyrics/poems could be quite private, and she may not have felt OK about releasing some of it as they are like diaries. 

• inwinoveritas and SarahMermaid like this

#29 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:38 PM

Yeah... I think there are some songs or covers floating around, but with poor quality voice (similar to It's My Party or some Hidden Treasures stuff). Stuff that would please us fans, who are willing to hear even the bad outtakes, but dissapoint Amy.
A few years back I would've been willing to hear anything from her, even bad quality. Now I don't want to hear it even if it exists.

I would still be interested in reading the lyrics to unreleased songs, as I would see them as less damaging to her image...then again, any lyrics/poems could be quite private, and she may not have felt OK about releasing some of it as they are like diaries.

I would do anything for a book of her lyrics/poems&doodles! I saw Janis Joplin’s estate have recently released something along that idea.... I just don’t want to have to wait 40 years lol.
  • inwinoveritas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users