#1 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

Hello all!

We have started talks with some fellow fans how we should get together and make Amy a well updated fansite with a gallery full of photos and all other infos as a way of keeping her legacy alive. I have worked with wordpess, coppermine gallery and filezilla etc. before so have some experience I could teach to some people who would like to join.

We would like to ask your help with the following if you would be interested in helping out in your spare time:

- firstly we would need someone who opened a similar (free) site before so knows how to get it all started

- second we need someone who is very good at photoshop to make us a nice banner etc. so to make the layout of the site

- we have many photos, videos etc. but would need people who could help uploading all this to the website and post any Amy related news as they come along

• YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe, inwinoveritas, melnyk and 3 others like this

#2 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

Vladimir's (admin for this forum) company can host the website. His rates are very reasonable and I would be glad to cover the cost.

• inwinoveritas and Queen of the Highway like this

#3 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Me too we can all contribute!
  • Queen of the Highway likes this

#4 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

I know next to nothing about website design, but I would be happy to do anything that has to do with writing/reviews/retrospectives, etc (of course when anything pops up and free-time permitting lol). :)
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#5 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

Uno probably has the most comprehensive audio / video archive of Amy material on the planet. Seems like the missing link is a person who can design / create the site. I did web design years ago but don't know how much help I would be now. A lot has changed. Hopefully someone with web design skills will step up to the plate. This is a unique opportunity to do something worthwhile and we seem to have significant resources available in terms of media. Let's make this happen.

• Love is a losing game and OinkaOinka like this

#6 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

This would be so cool! I know a guy from Youtube who also huge collection. I don't know if he has a user here. I can contact him if this works out.

#7 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Looking good guys! Awesome to see how many ppl wanna contribute :)
Hosting seems ok then, Anybody good w photoshop who could design a nice layout from some cute hq Amy pics for us? ;)
The updating and uploading is easy I can teach anyone if needed.
Anyways I'm at a house party for my friends bday tonight so will see how much I can come up later.

#8 Agresio

Agresio

just me and my dignity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

That's a really good idea. I have a blog dedicated to Amy since 2012 with +12,000 followers, I could spread the news or something. I could also contribute with images/edits/gifs/etc. 

• dykehaze and Love is a losing game like this

#9 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

I would love to host the website!

• YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe, dykehaze and Love is a losing game like this

V.Melnyk

#10 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys... Wouldn't it be funny... If Mitch ends up attacking the site in the papers? ;)

(I joke, I joke!)
  • The Other Side and Love is a losing game like this

#11 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

Oh fuck haven't thought about that...Err possible, can we keep it private? You never know if we put up something he doesn't like..lol X

#12 mudcrab

mudcrab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

would love to help out anyway I can, only ever done website stuff with templates, I do know some people with professional level coding ability, so will explore this, I think we should set our standards high, and try for something truely unique, rather than a template drag and drop thing.

I'll ask some question and see if anything can be done, maybe someone already here has the talent ? and that would be great, I'm even happy to contribute to their costs for the work, sometimes if you want something really special money is needed after all.  

• dykehaze and Love is a losing game like this

#13 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:36 PM

The thing is if we keep it nice and respectful he should be ok
With it right?
So seems like hosting is sorted now guys thx for that but we still
Need someone who's good to make a nice design for the site cuz it's important if we wanna make it look professional! I got some graphic designer friends just not sure if they'd b happy to do it for free..
Btw we would deff have a link to the forum on the site if that's ok so fans could come discuss things about Amy here!
  • amh91 likes this

#14 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

I have no idea how this works guys, whatever you think it's best, fine with me! Trust yous x

#15 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

Need someone who's good to make a nice design for the site cuz it's important if we wanna make it look professional! I got some graphic designer friends just not sure if they'd b happy to do it for free..

Even if they don't - we always can purchase some decent theme from ThemeForest. :)

V.Melnyk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users