110 replies to this topic

#16 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

That's a really good idea. I have a blog dedicated to Amy since 2012 with +12,000 followers, I could spread the news or something. I could also contribute with images/edits/gifs/etc.

would love to help out anyway I can, only ever done website stuff with templates, I do know some people with professional level coding ability, so will explore this, I think we should set our standards high, and try for something truely unique, rather than a template drag and drop thing.

I'll ask some question and see if anything can be done, maybe someone already here has the talent ? and that would be great, I'm even happy to contribute to their costs for the work, sometimes if you want something really special money is needed after all.

That's a really good idea. I have a blog dedicated to Amy since 2012 with +12,000 followers, I could spread the news or something. I could also contribute with images/edits/gifs/etc.

That would be great guys! Try ask around then if someone would be able to make a nice theme/layout for an Amy Winehouse fansite! They don't even need to look for photos we can provide hq photos for them they just need those good photoshop skills to blend it all together nicely ;)

#17 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:46 AM

Oh fuck haven't thought about that...Err possible, can we keep it private? You never know if we put up something he doesn't like..lol X

We as true Amy fans wouldn't post anything that's not nice of Amy right? For example badly done paparazzi photos I don't even save the ones those stupid paps picked out where she's obviously just winking etc..
So Mitch wouldn't really have a reason to attack smth that is made to show her daughters brilliant talent, I would hope he would rather support smth like that as I heard he likes her fans usually..

Btw remember the photo you posted here from the Amy movie Facebook w her walking around in a gallery? Do you think you could find and contact the person who made that? Seemed to have some very good photoshop skills and as an Amy fan I'd hope they'd be happy to make smth for a fansite too ;)
  • amh91 likes this

#18 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

Good idea! I've found who made that pic and contacted them x

PS: I know what I can do for the Fansite due to my lack of technical skills, PR and investigations lol 😉

#19 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

http://www.amyjadewinehouse.com - not quite sure how these work but nothing seems to be at that domain name yet, is there? I'm open to any suggestions on what the site should be called!
I only thought http://amywinehouseforever.org would be a good starting point if the owner would like to get together cuz that's got many things already sorted we would just need to make it better and more up to date with a gallery, news etc.

#20 MrsM

MrsM

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way but isn't this what this site is for, pics news etc? How would it be different?

#21 HeartEyes

HeartEyes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGothenburg

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

This is such a cool idea, obviously not about exposing her but to honour and remember her brilliance and beauty. :)  I work with photoshop a lot, I'd be more than happy to help designing stuff if you want! :blush:

#22 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way but isn't this what this site is for, pics news etc? How would it be different?

I'm not the right person to explain I'm crap at technology, computers, social networks etc, this is the first and only forum I'm on, but I think there are some limitations on here in terms of uploading, linking etc, that wouldn't be the case with the Fansite project.
  • amh91 likes this

#23 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:58 PM

I suppose it would be a better organized and documented place with facts, a gallery full of photos with all the dates, video and audio footages of Amy, just to collect all that is out there of her and as a way of "trying to keep her alive" we would post everytime smth new comes up about her.

This forum should be attached to it I believe because this is a wonderful place for Amy fans to get together for any type of conversation about her. And the fansite would be sort of her "archive" where anybody can go and look up smth let that be a photo, video, quote, or interview etc.

• dykehaze likes this

#24 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

This is such a cool idea, obviously not about exposing her but to honour and remember her brilliance and beauty. :)  I work with photoshop a lot, I'd be more than happy to help designing stuff if you want! :blush:

Exactly! I look at her like she'd be my third sister, I'd only want good stuff of her to be out there what would make her happy and what she would like :)

Sounds great! Have you ever made a website theme/layout before?

I was thinking at the beginning we could even start w smth simple like this for example and then as we progress get an even more professional look http://liamhemsworth.org/

What would be a really great look I think if we could make a pin-up girl style design as Amy always loved that sort of stuff like bowling, vintage 50s and 60s style things...we could even have a "jukebox" on the site that could play her songs/her favorite songs - just couple of things I thought of.. gotta dream big, right? ;) :D

#25 HeartEyes

HeartEyes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGothenburg

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:00 PM

Exactly! I look at her like she'd be my third sister, I'd only want good stuff of her to be out there what would make her happy and what she would like :)

Sounds great! Have you ever made a website theme/layout before?

I was thinking at the beginning we could even start w smth simple like this for example and then as we progress get an even more professional look http://liamhemsworth.org/

What would be a really great look I think if we could make a pin-up girl style design as Amy always loved that sort of stuff like bowling, vintage 50s and 60s style things...we could even have a "jukebox" on the site that could play her songs/her favorite songs - just couple of things I thought of.. gotta dream big, right? ;) :D

Yeees! She deserves a proper, polished and classy fanpage that doesn't post intruding and terrible stuff.
Just her being awesome! :)  I have actually, I've built a couple homepages, ages ago though so I'll have to re-learn a lot. But it's fun!

I like playing around like this:
00002.jpg

A layout shouldn't be that messy though. ^_^
Oh YES I was totally thinking 50s style too (obviously :D). I'm sure she would have liked that! And the jukebox thing is a greeaat idea and definitley possible... I think haha. Before reality comes the dream eh :)

• Hanna likes this

#26 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

i'd love to look forward to such a page. this could be very interesting!

#27 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Yeees! She deserves a proper, polished and classy fanpage that doesn't post intruding and terrible stuff.
Just her being awesome! :)  I have actually, I've built a couple homepages, ages ago though so I'll have to re-learn a lot. But it's fun!

I like playing around like this:
00002.jpg

A layout shouldn't be that messy though. ^_^
Oh YES I was totally thinking 50s style too (obviously :D). I'm sure she would have liked that! And the jukebox thing is a greeaat idea and definitley possible... I think haha. Before reality comes the dream eh :)

Wow you made that? Looks really good, we could deff use your help then! Its good but the photos we use of her I'd like them from another photoshoot where she's more smiley I believe when those ones were taken she wasnt in a very good place..

#28 HeartEyes

HeartEyes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGothenburg

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

Thanks! I made it for a friend a while ago :)

Oh yes I agree with you there. I don't have a lot of HQ photoshoot pix now other than those posted here from time to time.
But I figure you guys do, soo ^_^  

#29 mudcrab

mudcrab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

It is a very valid question  :) , from the little I know about how people casually look for information on the net these days, basically you have less than 30 secs to grab someone's interest. It is more than likely a well made multi media website is where they will spend some time.

The forum is great, I love it, and I've only been here a very short time, but I guess it is more suited to the 'fan' rather than someone how is interested and wants to know/hear/see more and hopeful on their way to sharing the experience we all have from Amy's Music.

I suppose a Website is the 'Hello' and a forum is 'come in, sit down, grab a drink, and have a chat'.

• Love is a losing game likes this

#30 mudcrab

mudcrab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

http://www.amyjadewinehouse.com - not quite sure how these work but nothing seems to be at that domain name yet, is there? I'm open to any suggestions on what the site should be called!
I only thought http://amywinehouseforever.org would be a good starting point if the owner would like to get together cuz that's got many things already sorted we would just need to make it better and more up to date with a gallery, news etc.

There are a number of amywinehouse etc domains available by the looks of it, I would just say it might be a good idea to make sure there is no legal isssues with using her name, you might find someone owns the rights to use Amy's name.

This trouble goes back to when the internet was young, and registering Domans was free and usually handle by Universities etc, a smart person who could see the internet was going to be big started registering names like ummm Coca Cola, or John Lennon  etc, then when Coke eventually wanted a web site they had to pay this guy a fortune to get the domain name, the law was then altered to prevent this.       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users