110 replies to this topic

#31 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:16 PM

If I can throw in my 2 cents : this forum is great, there are looooooads of photos and videos, the problem is they are all over the place. Videos, photos and interviews get posted and reposted, you never know where to find them. When I first joined the forum I went through the first 600 or so pages of the Photo thread...and I gave up after a while because people post the same photos, thinking they're new.

So a site that would be an organised archive, by date, avoiding double posts, would be really appreciated. In that sense I think both could be complementary.

• inwinoveritas and Love is a losing game like this

#32 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:27 PM

There are a number of amywinehouse etc domains available by the looks of it, I would just say it might be a good idea to make sure there is no legal isssues with using her name, you might find someone owns the rights to use Amy's name.

This trouble goes back to when the internet was young, and registering Domans was free and usually handle by Universities etc, a smart person who could see the internet was going to be big started registering names like ummm Coca Cola, or John Lennon  etc, then when Coke eventually wanted a web site they had to pay this guy a fortune to get the domain name, the law was then altered to prevent this.       

Oh oh, didnt know it was that complicated! Do you think you would be able to look into it?

Another reason then why maybe itd be better to build up that site thats already there, I think I'm gonna contact the owner and see what they say!

#33 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:14 AM

The author of that pic sounds happy to be on board, I gave all details and shared Amylove ❤️ X

#34 mudcrab

mudcrab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:44 AM

Oh oh, didnt know it was that complicated! Do you think you would be able to look into it?

Another reason then why maybe itd be better to build up that site thats already there, I think I'm gonna contact the owner and see what they say!

sorry I didn't mean to cause any alarm, it may not be any issue at all, just saying it might be an idea to check, and yes I will see if I can find out

#35 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

sorry I didn't mean to cause any alarm, it may not be any issue at all, just saying it might be an idea to check, and yes I will see if I can find out

Not at all, good thing some ppl know more about this kinda stuff! ;)

I contacted them at amywinehouseforever.org so will let you guys know what they say! Would be great if we could use that domain and hosting would be already sorted then we would just need the layout and gallery sorted and we can start uploading new stuff!

#36 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

If I can throw in my 2 cents : this forum is great, there are looooooads of photos and videos, the problem is they are all over the place. Videos, photos and interviews get posted and reposted, you never know where to find them. When I first joined the forum I went through the first 600 or so pages of the Photo thread...and I gave up after a while because people post the same photos, thinking they're new.

So a site that would be an organised archive, by date, avoiding double posts, would be really appreciated. In that sense I think both could be complementary.

Well said! ;)

#37 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:13 AM

The author of that pic sounds happy to be on board, I gave all details and shared Amylove ❤️ X

Great news thanks!! I'm just trying to get ahold of some great hq photoshoot pics, maybe try ask them if they got some good quality smiley Amy pics! :P

#38 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

I'm gonna post some pics here that could be possible to go into the fansite theme but most of them I don't have in high quality :( anyways, maybe we could do a little voting, which ones are liked the most by you guys what you would like to be looking at on the site every day ;)

344uk9l.jpg

tumblr_nwaba22YnZ1uo14iho1_500.jpg

3.  (my favorites)

Attached File  374032_326862360746238_1225445969_n.jpg   39.65KB   0 downloads Attached File  2.jpeg   64.31KB   0 downloads

Attached File  tumblr_m8glh6L0tF1r4mm3ko1_500.jpg   63.5KB   0 downloads

Will put up more later as I got time, if you guys have similar pics too, upload them and share your ideas!

#39 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

2!

Now 4, not sure anymore...

#40 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

2!

Now 4, not sure anymore...

haha they are both super cute, we can use more pics as well.. gonna need 2 headers/banners, one for the site and one for the gallery. Thought @HeartEyes could make one and the person from Facebook you found could do the other one? Was also thinking one could be of Amy from the Frank era and one from Back to Black? Gotta find some smiley pics from around 2004 then.. I have to go to my sister's fashion show now but will try come up tonight and do some more research.

You guys should post pics as well in the meantime what you think would be good!  :amy_winking:

#41 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

5699173.jpeg8484213.jpg1547757.jpg

#42 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

#1her smile! Also I Am so happy to hear that a fansite is on the works! Looking forward to this!

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#43 Queen of the Highway

Queen of the Highway

She was a princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:53 PM

All of then in HQ.

Charles Moriaty, 2003

__000000090022_bw.jpg

__000000050004.jpg__000000070023.jpg__000000020013.jpg__000000090006.jpg__000000090005.jpg

(Boy) you sent me flying... :amy_tongue: 

#44 mudcrab

mudcrab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

I may have changed my mind a little about the drag and drop template based software, just played around with some, and, ok it looks like crap, but..........I had absolutely no idea of what I was doing.........and in 30 secs had this LOL, yes ok it looks like it too, but if anyone actually has some talent, and would like to play around a bit, contact me and I'll give you access, best thing is you can't 'break' it if you do stuff things up, as at this stage we are only playing around and seeing what can be done. 

#45 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

I may have changed my mind a little about the drag and drop template based software, just played around with some, and, ok it looks like crap, but..........I had absolutely no idea of what I was doing.........and in 30 secs had this LOL, yes ok it looks like it too, but if anyone actually has some talent, and would like to play around a bit, contact me and I'll give you access, best thing is you can't 'break' it if you do stuff things up, as at this stage we are only playing around and seeing what can be done. 

http://mudcrab.org/amy/

thats a good start! seems like u know a thing or 2 about this website building stuff.. so getting this mudcrab.org domain was easier than getting an Amy one I guess? I checked on this site and it says amyjadewinehouse.com is available, shall I register and see how can we get that then? https://www.europere...ain/frontSearch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users