Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

https://www.grammy.com/nominees
Amy's been nominated for Best Music Film - see link number 83 πŸ™πŸ» 🎢

Does anyone know how/where to watch the Grammys in UK please? The official website is for US only.

PS I'm sure we discussed the Grammys a few months ago in another thread but I can't find it anymore x
  • melnyk likes this

#2 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Ignore my question http://www.independe...d-a6874691.html It'll be aired tomorrow night on 4 Music at 8, I'll wait until then even if they may not air her category. Good luck love❀️! Xxx

Won't be checking the forum and the news, don't want spoilers like last nite lol😜, will be hoping until tomorrowπŸ’• Fingers crossed guysπŸ™πŸ»

@HelloSailor, Gaga will be doing a Bowie's tribute oh dear I'm dreading it - don't like her at allπŸ˜‘ At least there's been a tribute that makes sense, Beck and Nirvana played The Man Who Sold The World at the pre-Grammys which upsets even more for both David and Kurt, anyway these 30 seconds sound good πŸ’”πŸ˜ͺhttp://www.rollingst...-party-20160215
  • melnyk likes this

#3 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

I hope they send the Grammy's here too, i'm just hoping she'll win!

I actually like Gaga. I don't really know Bowie's music that well, but i hope she does well.

• inwinoveritas and Love is a losing game like this

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

@HelloSailor, Gaga will be doing a Bowie's tribute oh dear I'm dreading it - don't like her at all At least there's been a tribute that makes sense, Beck and Nirvana played The Man Who Sold The World at the pre-Grammys which upsets even more for both David and Kurt, anyway these 30 seconds sounds good http://www.rollingst...-party-20160215

Yeah, I saw that about Lady Gaga. She even got a Bowie tattoo today... I don't hate her, and I'm curious to see what she does. But I'm expecting to be disappointed to be honest.

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about Beck+Nirvana tribute :)

• Love is a losing game likes this

#5 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, I saw that about Lady Gaga. She even got a Bowie tattoo today... I don't hate her, and I'm curious to see what she does. But I'm expecting to be disappointed to be honest.
Thanks for the link, I didn't know about Beck+Nirvana tribute :)

You're welcome πŸ‘πŸ» I know, I saw the tattoo Jeeez, clearly I do not like her lol πŸ˜‘ And since we are at it - sorry off topic - I love Madonna, well, I used to, did you see her tribute when he passed away OMG I had never seen anything worse than that😑 poor Bowie. Anyway, hope Gaga delivers a decent tribute tonite regardless of my opinion on her x

#6 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Poor David. Lady gaga is sooo nasty and a mess. She doesn't have nothing of talent.

• inwinoveritas likes this

#7 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

SHE DID IT!

• melnyk likes this

#8 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

CbSiT8GUsAAjQ9e.jpg

Found this little bit of info on a foreign website ...

The documentary "Amy," which tells the story of singer Amy Winehouse, won the Grammy for best music documentary. The result was announced during the pre ceremony broadcast by the official website of the event, on Monday (15). No representative of Amy, who died in 2011, was to receive the award. The film competes for the best documentary Oscar.

• dykehaze, melnyk, mayday and 2 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#9 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:56 PM

oh, my god, that's amazing!!

#10 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

Lianne La Havas, my favourite modern artist, presented it. Hope you're all well. xxx

• inwinoveritas, pattieboyd2, Love is a losing game and 2 others like this

#11 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:23 AM

Poor David. Lady gaga is sooo nasty and a mess. She doesn't have nothing of talent.

Harsh enough. She might not be everyone's cup of tea with the theatrics, but she's got a good voice and can play, and she writes her own music. Her stripped down, acoustic versions of her songs actually showcase her talents a lot better than the records. I think it's a bit much to say she isn't talented.

She's clearly inspired by Bowie too and I don't think Lady Gaga as we know her would exist without Bowie. He was all about theatrics and alter-egos and having a certain kind of stage presence too, and he was also extremely generous with his talent and had loads of time for younger artists. I don't think he'd be at all insulted by Lady Gaga performing a tribute.

• HelloSailor, GoddessAmy and bunnybowlingshirt like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#12 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

WHAT?! Nobody was there to receive the award?? REALLY? That's a big disrespectful to a wonderful and talented Lady like Amy.

#13 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:56 AM

WHAT?! Nobody was there to receive the award?? REALLY? That's a big disrespectful to a wonderful and talented Lady like Amy.

The award went to Amy Winehouse and the team. Asif and the team were at the Baftas, so I'm not sure if they would have made it on time. Mitch who has been in charge of everything Amy post her death should have been there to receive the Grammy, but of course being against it, he opted out of it. I actually thought he was going. On a positive note, Amy now has 7 Grammys to her name.

#14 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:57 AM

It's just sad that her family wasn't there to accept this award.

• dykehaze and melnyk like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#15 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:51 AM

Yay!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users