Photo
- - - - -

Back to Black video duet w/Amy & Bassist (no guitar, no drums)

back to black

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

A few years ago a friend showed me a Youtube video of Amy doing Back to Black in what looked like a very small (probably cush) club scene, and she did it with ONLY a bass backing her up.  Blew me away !  In fact, it was the first time I really listrened to the song or took note of Amy.  But now I can't find this video or any reference to it.. 

I've found a version with a guitar and bass, but I distinctly remember there being only a bassist, no drums, no guitar...It was so sweet !

Does anybody know what I am talking about, or am I just tripping ?

Thanks for the help !

#2 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

Wasn't it her performance at "Other Voices"? But Robin Bannerjee was on the stage with his guitar too, so we can't say that there was only Amy and Dale Davis with his bass...

If it was some other performance - damn, I'd love to hear & watch it as well! :)

V.Melnyk

#3 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure you are referring to this video

https://www.youtube....h?v=7_vnz3SgKxg

Damn! What a voice.... She was fabulous

#4 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

I do remember seeing this (not Other Voices gig, it was bass only).  I think I remember it because the title of the video used the word "unplugged" even though the only accompanying instrument was an electric bass guitar.  Sorry, I can't find it either, but I did want to confirm that you weren't just tripping, Tom.  ('course...maybe we both were!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back to black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users