• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:11 PM

With the lyric on "Take The Box" ..."Frank's in there, I don't care, Just take it.. Take the box" ..Was Amy talking about Frank Sinatra or "Frank" as in her album Frank ? ? ??

• melnyk and Dannybkn like this

#2 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

She mentions in an interview Frank refers both to Sinatra and the adjective itself. She wanted a strong and appeal word for her debut album and "frank" seemed to be the perfect choice. As regards the lyrics you mention, I believe she meant a Frank Sinatra album is inside the box, but she doesn't care about it.

#3 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

She mentions in an interview Frank refers both to Sinatra and the adjective itself. She wanted a strong and appeal word for her debut album and "frank" seemed to be the perfect choice. As regards the lyrics you mention, I believe she meant a Frank Sinatra album is inside the box, but she doesn't care about it.

Cheers, As we all know the song was written about her boyfriend at the time, could it be that the "Frank" demo was in the box but she didn't care. . if he heard it ? .."Frank's in there, I don't care, Just take it.. Take the box"

#4 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

BREAKING: Found inside a box earlier at Sony, Pre "Frank" release date, Amy aged 19 coincidentally signed to 19 Management (Nick Shymansky) RARE acoustic set recorded the week before her 20th Birthday.   

Attached Files

#5 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

Funny I'm literally listening to this as I read your message

That lyric refers to an album of Frank Sinatra. 

#6 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:49 PM

To cut a long story short the demo found earlier is an acoustic set recorded before frank's release & a month before Amy's 20th birthday, "Best Friends" stands out in the set by a mile!!! The CD was found in a box earlier & needless to say I took the box!! ...."Take the box, just take it.. Take the box"  No idea what is was recorded for, press maybe ? Handful of people in the room, the recording is clear as a bell.

#7 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

To cut a long story short the demo found earlier is an acoustic set recorded before frank's release & a month before Amy's 20th birthday, "Best Friends" stands out in the set by a mile!!! The CD was found in a box earlier & needless to say I took the box!! ...."Take the box, just take it.. Take the box"  No idea what is was recorded for, press maybe ? Handful of people in the room, the recording is clear as a bell.

Hi Gordon

I made a post about this CD here (in your other post) ...

https://www.amywineh...re/#entry219957

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#8 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:56 PM

Hi Gordon

I made a post about this CD here (in your other post) ...

https://www.amywineh...re/#entry219957

Cheers, where did the pic of the Island Records promo surface from ? It's a rare enough item alright, don't want to de-value it by uploading the entire set online but will likely include "Best Friends" as a track on a mix we are currently putting together for a sept 14th release via soundcloud... .

#9 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

Cheers, where did the pic of the Island Records promo surface from ? It's a rare enough item alright, don't want to de-value it by uploading the entire set online but will likely include "Best Friends" as a track on a mix we are currently putting together for a sept 14th release via soundcloud... .

The copy of the Whitfield Island cover that I posted was listed on a website back in 2013 called Iconic Culture that sold collector music.

Here's another one that sold on ebay in November 2007, that also shows the CD ...
7890_12.jpg

The above photo is from this forum post ..
https://www.amywineh...ge-4#entry29149

Looking forward to hearing "Best Friends" as a track of your new upcomming Amy Birthday mini-mix :)

Is the mix that you put online a few years ago still up? Would love to have a listen

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#10 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

The copy of the Whitfield Island cover that I posted was listed on a website back in 2013 called Iconic Culture that sold collector music.

Here's another one that sold on ebay in November 2007, that also shows the CD ...
7890_12.jpg

The above photo is from this forum post ..
https://www.amywineh...ge-4#entry29149

Looking forward to hearing "Best Friends" as a track of your new upcomming Amy Birthday mini-mix :)

Is the mix that you put online a few years ago still up? Would love to have a listen

https://soundcloud.c...se-tribute_mini

#11 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

https://soundcloud.c...se-tribute_mini

Thanx a lot@Gordon!!! I'm confused though 😳 Are these from the cd apart from Best Friends? I didn't think you'd upload it tbh but I've to apologise for my cynical thinking! Looking forward to September then...

#12 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

Thanx a lot@Gordon!!! Just the beginning sounds fab, I'm confused though why are I didn't think you'd upload it tbh but I've to apologise for my cynical thinking!

It would be rude not to share "Best Friends".. .An acoustic of it surfaced as a B-SIDE during the "Back to Black" era & sounds like a later recording. This 2003 version on the promo is flawless, Amy sounds like she means every word as she sings it!

#13 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:41 PM

It would be rude not to share "Best Friends".. .An acoustic of it surfaced as a B-SIDE during the "Back to Black" era & sounds like a later recording. This 2003 version on the promo is flawless, Amy sounds like she means every word as she sings it!

I'm so excited to hear this version of "Best Friends" ☺️😊

...I Go Back To Us... :amy_oops:

#14 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

Thanks for the link!

Just wondering if there were any other Amy goodies found when you "Took the Box", it would be nice to know if there is anything else out there that we are unaware of that she did back in those early years

#15 Gordon

Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the link!

Just wondering if there were any other Amy goodies found when you "Took the Box", it would be nice to know if there is anything else out there that we are unaware of that she did back in those early years

Also found a copy of her "Frank" promo vinyl sampler & a shop window display "Frank" poster which I've since sent off to a picture framer's in soho LDN to mount & frame.

• Uno and pattieboyd2 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users